50 and over week of Sept 26 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Maybe this will be a start of a better week.

Last week was filled with remodeling a bathroom-not finished yet and babysitting. No wo.

Then yesterday I started taking off the wallpaper in the dining room and today cleaning out the garage so I have a place to paint the trim incase it rains.

I still can't understand why my husband thinks I start too many projects at once.

I did almost nothing all summer. I just don't have any drive or energy in the hot months. September got here and I'm trying to get everything done before I start babysitting fulltime Sept 30.

Jann hope bee sting is better.

Magnolia take care of the back.

Cathy Have you found new home yet?

Joan

Morning! Joan it sounds like you are getting plenty of working out! I wish I would get the kick in the pants to start a project.

UGH the bee sting ruin my day! The bad news is the stupid bees are still there because the spray didn't work. I've call a bug company and hopefully they can get rid of them. The nest is underground right beside the front door. I am afraid some one else is going to get stung. :( Kids are always running through my yard.

I am doing lite workouts daily. Still very busy with life. My bmoms estate is finally looking like it might come to a close by the end of the year. That will take a lot of stress off my life.

Linda if you are reading this -- I think of you often. I hope you and your family are ok.

Magnolia I am so happy to see your posts -- our glue! :)

Beth how are you? Empty nesting?

Cathy your life sounds as busy as ever.

Have a great days ladies!

Hi, Y'All!

Well, last week wasn't too great for me, either. I have plenty of drive, just a pain in the back to keep me revving up here in the driveway! LOL! Anyway, I have had very little back pain yesterday and today, thank goodness! I am still icing my back, taking Advil, avoiding heavy housework, and generally being a good girl. Hopefully, my chiropractor will tell me tomorrow that I can work out this week. I think I need to add more core work to my routines. Maybe that will help.

Joan, I understand that burst of energy. There is a lot I need to do before the winter weather sets in.

Jann, probably letting professionals handle your bee problem is the best solution.

Beth, how is your foot? Much better, I hope.

Cathy, Linda, Deb and whomever else I may have missed, hope you are all well.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

I guess we all have the same good intentions at the start of every week! That's why we are here, right? I must have missed the bee post last week, Jann. I am so sorry about that- that is scary!! I agree with Magnolia- get a professional for that one!

Joan- you sound like me! I should take my camera and take you on a tour around my house right now-- termite damage in the front- waiting for the contractor-- new trim that needs painting- drapes that I am sewing- closets to sort out because I finally get that my 26 year old and 24 year old are probably not moving home-- and if they do, I guess I could lose the trophies... and what do we REALLY want to do??? work out of course!!

Magnolia- I can feel your frustration with you back pain!! Having to lay low would drive me crazy! And just about the time you start to feel better- bam- it happens again! I agree with your analysis though- keep working your core- pilates is good but do it carefully!!

My foot is the strangest thing that has happened to me in awhile--it hurts just to touch the top part- but at least I can put weight on it today. My college age son is home this weekend and he likes yoga- so we went this afternoon to a class and it did seem to help- so I don't know what it is.

Cathy-- HELLLO down there in Texas! Hope you are well!!

Beth:)

I know I need to post more. You can guarantee on a day I don't post I haven't exercised. Of course even if I do post I may not have exercised.:eek:

Joan

I am the same way Joan. There are some days I like to hide. :eek:

I am so excited today -- the WORKOUT BLENDER is coming out today!! :D:D:D

Workout Blender

I just took the tutorial!! Are you getting this Jann? Anyone else? Looks like a fun new adventure!:)

Jann can you remember how many free downloads we were to get with our nutrition membership?
Yes Joan here is what we signed up for...
One Year Gold Premium Membership
Our One Year Gold Premium Membership (All sales final.) includes use of the following:
1. One year of use of our online nutrition software (see demo on home page)
2. Once available: Free Workout Blender (normally $19.99) + 3 free hours of video downloads for your iPod.
3. 10% off any Fitness by Cathe equipment and accessory items purchased from our website (coming this summer)
4. Free future updates and features to our Gold Premium Membership plan.

jann, are ya'll talking about the workout blender?? are you gonna teach me how to use it?:)

'bout killed myself yesterday, did tracie's endurance for movement & the 30m. kickback. i am purty sore today. and then, i had to work for 4 & 1/2 hrs. my body was aching yesterday. didn't know i was gonna work that many hours or i probably would not have done such a hard workout.
today was express cardio. only 30m. then, we went and walked the 28 acres we're buying for a couple hours. it is not exactly a "home" yet. it is gonna take some work. i was gonna take the camera and get pics, but my camera broke. it is not much to look at, but we plan to remodel. guess i should take before and after.
think i'll go to bed, got a busy day tomorrow. my parents, grandkids, and dil will be here all day.
nite,nite
cathy

Good morning, Y'All!

Well, this is my last day of only being allowed to do 5 min. of mild stretching in the morning for my back. I found a DVD I bought a few years ago by Miranda Esmonde-White. She has had a show on PBS called "Classical Stretching." This DVD is for back pain relief, so tomorrow, I start that one. I ordered one she has for back pain prevention, which I plan to incorporate into my rotation until I can get this back healthy!

Cathy, it sounds as if this is going to be an opportunity for you to make your new home-to-be into your dream home. It'll be a lot of work for sure, but I'll bet it will be worth it.

I have to get into these downloads! This sounds too good to be missed!

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Morning!!

Yes, Cathy we are talking about the workout blender. Sure I'll help you. :D

Magnolia yay!! I am so glad to hear you are getting better!

Today was BM2 premix cardio blast. I really like she shows low impact for almost all the moves in this one!! :D:D:D

LOL! thanks magnolia, i think our plan is to make this one livable, and then build on the 20 acres in a couple yrs, and sell the existing house w/about 8 acres.

deb, i love your little animated things, they're so cute.
no w/out today, had g/kids, my parents, we had alot of fun. my granddaughter "taught" us what she is learning in school. she is homeschooled. it was great. she is so smart. she is reading on a 3rd grade level, and she is 5. her father, my son, is extremely smart. was blessed with a computer brain. they are learning about Israel, moses, egypt, the exodus. she remembers an incredible amount of it.
gonna vege now.:)

Crazy rain today -- now the wind. :eek:

I did a premix from LIC - cardio blast -- I can not wait until the blender...
I've come up with using parts of BM2 and LIC to make a great low impact high intensity mix step workout !! !! :D:p:D

3 free hours of video downloads for your iPod.

Joan do you know what you are going to download for free yet? I am getting BM2 = 99mins, LIC = 73mins, and LIC bonus = 11mins So I can make my new workout. :rolleyes:

That is 3 mins over.... I wounder how strict they will be?

jann, we get free downloads? sorry to keep buggin ya, havent' read anything about it.

so, today was total muscle shaping & power up. total of 74 min. but, i only did express cardio on tuesday, and did nothing yesterday. we did not ride when the kids were here, so it was a pretty easy day. i actually started the oct. rotation a day early. TMS was on for tomorrow, but i decided to start early. yesterday was my recovery day

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.