50 and over week of Oct 9 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good evening all,

I have been having problems with my eyes for the last 3 months. At first it was just tired eyes and since I had my surgery, gone on vacation and come back to my mother in law's death, I didn't think anything of it. The next month I felt a lot of pressure and burning but thought it might be allergy. Tried one of the allergy medicines but no change. The next month had all of the above plus the muscle in the back of my eye seemed to be pulling. I looked it up and that is a sign the bifocal line is not correct. I decided I needed to go to a real eye doctor not just the optometrist. (Boy that looks wrong but I did look up the spelling.)

Saturday night I felt a sharp pain in my right eye. BUT now my eyes are almost feel back to normal. So far I couldn't find a time to get into the doctor and have someone else babysit. He is booked far in advance but is good.

This is a long explanation but part of the reason I haven't been on computer. It hurt too much.

I have been getting in 2-3 miles per day of walking but no lifting. I'm hoping with the new series I will get started again.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, I am so glad you checked in! We missed you, and I think we were all getting a little concerned about you. I hope that you will be able to get an appointment with the doctor soon.

Disc 34 done!! Only two more to go this time through.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Good morning,

I did get into doctor yesterday. My rosecea spread to my eyes. This blocks the glands, giving me dry eyes and the gunk in the glands gets hard. I also have ulcers under my eyelids. I go back in three weeks to see if prescription is working. My prescription also changed but they can't tell for sure how much until we get this cleared up.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Joan, I hope your eyes are all cleared up soon. I am so sorry that you are having these problems. But I am glad we are hearing from you.

Just finished Disc 35--only one more to go! :D I am scheduling it for tomorrow, since I need to concentrate on Housework Max on Friday. It surely needs it, things have been a little crazy since we got back.

Hi, there, Jann & Beth!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Joan. I'm so glad you checked in! And so sorry that you are having trouble with your eyes. I didn't realize roscea could do that!

Magnolia, you go girl! Have you thought about what to do after you are done?

I did a double Monday night with DH. First an hour spin then hour TRX. nothing since then. I may try to do the physique 57 now. I can't wait for the new series! The clips look good!

Hi Jann! Dexter is really good about waiting to go number 1 outside, but loves to go 2 inside on the oriental carpet where I can't see it!!

Good Morning, Y'All!

I did it!! I just finished Disc 36! :D My plan now is to concentrate on more cardio and cardio & weight workouts until the new low impact workouts come. After Thanksgiving, things get pretty busy, so it'll be the shortest workouts I can do until after the holidays. I'm thinking of starting STS again sometime after the first of the year.

Joan, how are your eyes?

Beth, what is Physique 57? Do you like it?

Hi, Jann. Hope you are enjoying that beautiful new granddaughter and your sweet new puppy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Good evening,

At least I was able to stay awake to work tonight. Lots of tax returns to finish before the 15th, income tax extensions and payroll taxes.

This is 4th day of antibiotic eye drops. Normally you only use them for 9 days but he prescribed a months worth. I don't go back for 3 weeks. they probably do feel better but since I need new glasses also, eye pain/strain does not go away. I hope this doesn't mean I need new glasses every 6 months. I usually go 2 years between.

Magnolia Yea you finished.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.