50 and over week of Oct 30 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Halloween party was tonight and I ate way too much. Fortunately eyes weren't too bad today until about 2 hours ago. Friday they hurt all day and were as bad as they have ever been.

I am thinking of ordering from GNC a drink that is compatible with the HCG diet. I think if it were easier I might stay on it longer. I really need to get both diet and exercise in order.

Joan

Joan, it's that time of year. We can easily gain between now and New Years!! I start with the bag of candy that I buy to give out. Then, it's downhill from there!

No workout today but yesterday I did TRX at the gym. I was still sore from Afterburn and barre. I'm trying ti et through all the workouts this week to I can place them into rotation.

Jann, did you but a spinning bike? How did you like the workout?

Magnolia, I meant to tell you that a friend of mine's husband was an auctioneer once. She laughed about the workout she got matching the bidders with the product!,

Ok- I am replying to myself:p:p

I did the Athletic WO this morning. I just finished it and my heart monitor just reached 500 cals!! Besides that bonus, it was GREAT!!!! Finally, the use of a step that gets it done without making me feel like the Klutz that I have become!! I would say that the routine is very much like the bootcamps I have been enjoying at my local gym, just a good solid routine!!

Hi, Y'All!

Sorry to have been absent, but yesterday was crazy busy with switching over to the winter clothes and cleaning.

No workout yesterday, unless you count cleaning. I guess it's low impact!

Beth, I was looking at Athletic Training trying to decide which workout to try next. It looks good, just don't know if I'll get to it today, but soon, I hope.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi all! I've been busy with yardwork and babysitting. :D:D

Beth I didn't purchase a new bike I have an exercise bike from many years ago. It does not work as well as a spin bike would, but, I could keep the pacing and speed.

Magnolia I always count cleaning as part of a workout. I hate thinking about switching cloths. I've done the basics -- :(

I didn't workout today. Mostly because I keep putting it off doing other things now, it's to late. :confused:

Joan tell me more about this GNC product. I'll try to google it.

Jann if you go to gnc.com and look under the diet products they have a section for hcg. It says it is compatible for the whole meal, don't know the name of it. I know it has protein, veg and fruit in it.

I am so mad. You know with the last series I had to buy a new dvd player because it wouldn't work on my expensive one. These do not work on the new dvd player. It does work on the dvd player in the family room that the grandkids use. I didn't try it last time because the remote was missing. I tried the remote for the new player with this player and it did work.

I tried After Burn tonight. My knee started to hurt on the first real exercise after the warm up. I did the warm up a couple of times but there are too many lunges in this one for my knees. I know last time it took a while to build up the strength in the knee before I could do anything but static lunges.

Joan

Knees are still sore. I think I will try Pyramid upper body today. Using alternate rotation and skip her cardio for awhile. I won't walk today but will try to get back to it as soon as my knees don't hurt.

Joan

I don't think I will get any wo in tonight but I did walk. Doctor's appt was at 4:30 but didn't get home until after 6. I had to go to two Walgreens to get my prescriptions. They didn't have one of the eye drops at the first one. It was a half hour wait at one and a few minutes at the other.

Eyes are no better so they prescribed a steroid eye drop. Let's hope it helps. Dil was over when I got home. I explained again what was wrong with my eyes and she said she didn't realize I was in pain. You have ulcers under your eye lids and dry eyes and it's not going to hurt?

I have really got to be careful because I tend to eat when I don't feel well.

Joan

Joan I so sorry about your eyes. It sounds like it would hurt a lot. I hope the steroids help.

Halloween was awful. I can't believe I over did it so much! I also have been slacking with the workouts. It's been a week of self indulgence. That will end today. :mad: I seem to go in a cycle. This one has to end.

Jann I hope you didn't eat anymore than the 25 pieces of candy I think I ate. No I didn't count them. I didn't even want to have any in the house. Just keep the lights off. DM and DH talked me into it this year but I won't next year. I know myself, if it's in the house I will eat it.

At least all that candy in a day and a half kept me from eating much else.

Off to work.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Joan, I hope your eyes respond to this medicine and quit hurting you. That has to be awful! Be careful with those knees, please! (See, I'm a poet!)

Ladies, don't beat yourselves up too much about the candy. If it is in my house, I will eat it. I have a friend who throws away leftover Halloween candy on November 1, but dh would probably be very unhappy if I did that!

We had a large auction to do in Upstate New York yesterday--almost 100 units for a new client. (If you have ever seen "Storage Wars", that's kinda what we do, but not for tv) Anyway, had to drive there Tuesday evening so we could start early yesterday. It took all day for that many units, so it was about dusk when we finished all the paperwork, etc. The drive home last night got us in about 9:30, then we had mail, email, etc. to deal with. I got only about 6 hours sleep last night and the night before, so I am too tired to even think about a workout today. We'll see what happens tomorrow, even though there is a choir rehearsal tonight. I do have some more house work to do, maybe that can count.

Have a great day everyone!

Magnolia

I didn't count either Joan. :p I do know there are not any butterfingers left!! :eek: We normally have around 200+ kids so I buy two 150 piece bags, this year we only had 100+ so you know how much is left over. I bought mini's and fun size. I should have given out more fun sized. The mini's I could freeze. :D

Magnolia --- housemax counts!! :D:D Your work sounds like fun to me. Sounds like you really had a very long day!

Jann- I am impressed that you know how many kids you have!! I just guess on the candy and always end up with too much. Today, is the official "stop eating sweets" day for me... after several false starts..

Joan- Your eyes sound so painful. My DD had shingles get into his eyes.. I did not know that could happen but apparently it is an argument for the shingle vaccine.. anyway, he was miserable with it until he had a cornea transplant

Magnolia- your schedule sounds tiring!! I hope you got some rest!

I am going to repeat Afterburn today, but, my neck has been sore from the weights over the head thing. I hope it doesnt aggrevate..

Have a good day:)

Good evening all,

Just finished pyramid upper body. I forgot how hard this one was. I think I will do this one for a month. I may try to do it twice a week and pyramid lower body once and the barre exercises if they are for lower body.

Joan

Beth :p -- I know how many kids we have because I know how much candy I have when I start and stop. Simple math. :D

Joan Upper body pyramid is my MOST favorite Cathe workout. I always feel so strong when I do it.

Reggie and I went on a two mile walk today. It is really pretty out with the leaves. We went to a dog park, lots of people and dogs. Fun.
I had to have another biopsy done on my right forearm. I have stitches so no heavy lifting for a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.