50 and over week of Oct 23 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
I'm ready for new dvd's too. I can't remember how long they took to get here last time.

Yesterday we drove to mil house to rip out all the carpet on the main floor. The carpet was old and they had a fire at one time and there was a lot of smoke damage. When we started to move the furniture you could really tell. It wasn't very worn but color was blackened. I hope it helps to sell the house.

I had a few days without pain but it came back. It would just be considered a minor pain but since it never goes away it seems like more.

Joan

{{{Joan}}} I am so sorry you have pain. We are planning a trip west to finish getting my mil house ready to sell. We have people looking at it today with sil. It seems I was just doing this (oh I was ;)) for my bmom.

No workout today. I still have not received my download codes. Seems everyone who ordered from FB has had this problem. ugh!! :( Hopefully tomorrow. I think I needed a rest day anyway. :) I'll have to re-do my rotation.

Here's to a GREAT week ladies, stress, pain, free and happy happy happy! (I may have gotten toooo much fresh air today ;))

Good morning, Y'All!

Jann, is it possible to get too much fresh air?

Joan, I am so sorry you are having pain. It is certainly not fun to have to deal with that. Hope you will feel better soon.

I just did The Firm Volume 2. I guess I am revisiting these old workouts because they are different and tough and I guess I am trying to shake things up a bit. I had forgotten how tough they are, plus I am not as young as I was when they were my regular picks. Anyway, I think it is good to change things up now and then.

I only pre-ordered the dvds of the new workouts, so I will have to wait a few days for them. Usually when I order from Cathe.com, if the product is in stock, it comes within about two days or so. I did choose shipping via UPS, but have not received an email indicating that they have shipped, so I am waiting.

Have a great day & week, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia I think my head just seemed so clear yesterday, it had to be the fresh fall air- :p You might get the dvd's today, a lot of people seem to be. The original Firms are hard!! I think they are the best of the best. :D

I did Low impact Challenge step - hmmmmm well, it is a challenge. :eek: I will need to practice this one. A lot of turns, my head was spinning. I think it will be do-a-ble with practice and a lower step. :)

My plan this afternoon is to plant bulbs. I purchased 80 bulbs :eek::rolleyes: I won't get them all in today.

I ordered the download. I did turbo barre tonight and mostly looked through the choices. I'll do cycle max in the morning!

Hi, Y'All!

I had to have blood drawn this morning. I'm really tired, maybe having them take those six vials of blood wore me out a little. :eek: I guess no workout until I grow some more blood, lol!

Waiting for the UPS man! :D

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

HI all!
Magnolia it's good to have blood drawn or donated post menopause. Since we don't lose blood monthly it helps to build new cells. -- read that some place -- Take it easy. Hope you get your DVD's soon.

Beth did you like Barre?

Joan checked out the workouts yet?

I was suppose to do a workout today. - :rolleyes: I ended up going to lowes to get a new bulb digger ran late, so I took the rest of the day to plant 80 or so more bubls. I have 20 more to go and I am finished. They are the 5' lilies. I don't know where to plant them. I didn't realize when I ordered them they were the 5' ones... :eek:

Hi, Y'All!

Jann, your yard is going to be even more beautiful! Wish I had a green thumb!

I took TWO naps today! Have been drinking my usual half-gallon of water and now I'm working on my glass of red wine. I should be good to go tomorrow. The dvds came this afternoon. Think I may start with Afterburn, but I'll see how adventurous I feel when workout time comes.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Haven't had time to look at dvds yet. I hope there is a Nov. rotation for these. I liked the barre exercises I have so I may try them first if I ever have time. I don't want to give up my walking and that takes an hour.

Joan

Last edited:
Hi, Y'All!

Well, I TRIED to do Afterburn. :eek: It's a little challenging for me at this point, so I think I'm going to do shorter premixes of it until I'm a little stronger, then I'll try the whole thing. I also decided to do the tougher workouts three days a week and walk the other days, until I can manage four days of the tougher ones, etc. Would like to eventually work up to five or six days, but at my age, I think this is the best option. I do, however, love the series so far. I think in time it will be doable.

Joan, the barre workout looks great, too! In reading the FB updates and the blogs over the weekend, Cathe commented that she was going to create a rotation of the new series for November.

Magnolia

Good morning!

Well, after doing the Barre one day then Afterburn the next, I feel it in places that don't usually get the burn. They are both great! Currently I am using some furniture gliders that are not very big, so I may have to order the sliders.

Magnolia, just pause the tape in between the circuits and you should get through it. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Barre.

Joan , if the walking I working for you then don't fell bad about the time involved. As much as I love doing these workouts, I discovered that I whetting to my spinning class at the gym more often, so.. Whatever works!

Jann, you do have a green thumb! Then first year I was married (28 years ago) I ordered from a catalogue and planted 300 bulbs. Then I found out that in Florida, you have to dig them up or. They don't come back!

Beth -- really you have to dig them up??? :eek::eek: NO way! I bought this handy dandy bulb planter. It's like a regular bulb planter made into a shovel. It's the BEST thing ever for planting bulbs. I still don't want to dig them up - ever. I have to bring in dahlia bulbs that's the only one.

I did premix 1 of after burn this morning.(took note Magnolia) It's a good one, I modified where I had to. I didn't use the discs at all. They are not sliding well enough to do some of the exercises and not hurt myself. :rolleyes:

I agree Magnolia, it's not a race. Do what we can. Something is so much better than nothing.

Joan I am thinking about doing the Nov rotation too. Modified -- I am sure. :D

Hi, Y'All!

Well, I am really sore today! :eek: I don't think I have been quite this sore in a while. However, I think being sore the day after is a good sign--it means those muscles are working! Had planned to walk today, but it is raining and chilly out there, not exactly good for walking.

Actually, I loved as much of Afterburn as I was able to do. Eventually, I hope to be able to do it all, maybe modifying a few of the trickier moves. I am anxious to try all of the workouts. I am also anxious to take up more stretching! That could make them better.

Magnolia

Yay Magnolia!! I am sore too. Across my lower back down the backs of my legs and hips. :D:D Crazy women we are!!

Hi, Y'All!

I really don't mind the soreness so much, I look on it as progress. Anyway, I was still sore and a little stiff today, but was not going to let this day pass without doing something. So I did a short premix from Cardio Supersets. Actually, I got through it pretty well, and only had to modify the push ups. Actually, I feel better now, maybe just a little less sore.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi all - I did a little over half of cycle max. FUN!! I will need to work up to the full workout though. I am a little saddle sore -- :eek:

I mowed today it's in the mid 40's. It's suppose to snow tomorrow 5-8 inches. Mow one day shovel snow the next -- :confused::confused::confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.