50 and over week of Nov 6 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
I just finished the leg portion of turbo barre. I loved it. I know you can't believe I actually worked out two days in a row. I can't either.:p

Watched the ab portion but didn't care for it.

Jann take care of yourself.

Upper body was sore so I think I used the right weights yesterday.

Eyes felt worse Wed.-Friday but are feeling better today.

Joan

Upper body is still sore but only my knees and ankles hurt from barre exercises. I will have to adjust if I can find out which exercises caused knee pain. I really liked dvd so I will figure it out.

I am down a pound and a half since Monday. I hope it lasts until Monday "official" weigh in.

We've made our New Year's reservations in Las Vegas. Instead of the Riviera party will be going to the one at Flamingo It is formal. I would like to look half way decent in a dress. I wonder how much weight I can lose between now and New Year's. I think I will cancel Thanksgiving. Son and dil will be out of town. I usually make big meal for all of extended family but I don't know if I will feel like it. Even if I do feel like it I don't know if I want that much food around.

There will still be my Christmas party and Christmas to deal with.

Joan

HI all.

I did premix 1 from after burn. I feel pretty good from it.

Joan, I was just talking about thanksgiving and Christmas food. :confused::confused: I have to admit, I wish I could control myself better. :(

There has only been one year when I lost weight over the holidays. I planned out each meal with food I wanted. On Thanksgiving I had pumpkin pie for breakfast because I knew I would eat it and didn't want to waste calories on regular breakfast. I measured out mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls turkey etc. I ate it all but didn't stuff myself. I didn't lose that week but I didn't gain. Also Thanksgiving was only ONE day not the whole week before and after.:p

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, I am not surprised you worked out two days in a row. I will have to put Turbo Barre on my "let's try it now list."

Jann, my will power is not too great. I do well if I don't have those foods in the house, but it's tough to resist when I do.

Tired again today. Our choir is in the process of making a Christmas cd which will be available for sale next Christmas. We started last night, recording in our church with old recording equipment. We managed to record three of the songs, but it took several hours, since we don't exactly have a professional set up. In other words, if a train goes by, or there is a police siren, or the fire department gets called, or a bird gets in the church, or anything makes a sound other than us and the musicians, we have to start over! I do think it will be a good cd, especially if how hard we are working is a factor. Anyway, I got into bed about 12, I think.

I am still hoping to get a workout, though. Maybe a premix.

TTYL. Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia that sounds like a lot of work. But, how much fun to have recorded a CD!!!! :eek::eek::cool::cool:

I did Cardio supersets premixes with the 1-10 segments. My shoulders are talking to me.
I am really starting to freak out about eating/holiday. I strapped my Bugg to my leg last night. I am hoping that it gives me some incentive. EATING has became a bad, bad habit. It seems lately if I just cheat a little it goes directly to my waist and takes up permanent residence. :confused::confused: I measured my waist this morning --- NO wonder my regular pants are not fitting me!! :eek::eek::mad::mad: I have to admit I spend most of my days in workout pants or sweats or stretch pants. It sorta crept up on me. :confused:

Joan- I am not suprised either. The workouts are fun! Good for you!

Jann- I am the samw way. I'm telling you.. it starts at Halloween! I got on the scale this am and made a snap decision that it is coming off by next week!

Magnolia- What a great thing to do- recording a CD!! That has to be a blast!

I just finished Afterburn- or it finished me- I just took it at my pace and I always modify the planks by holding my step instead of the floor. But- 452 calories gone!! Can't beat that. I am following the Nov rotation.:D

Good evening,

I was finally happy last night to get doms in lower half. I knew barre dvd had worked but didn't feel it. The funny part was trying to decided if I really wanted to move out of bed to go to the bathroom because I didn't want to walk. I decided if I was going to get any sleep I did have to get up.:D

Don't know if I will wo tonight or not. Luke headbutted me this morning and it feels like he broke my nose. It may just be swollen but it is hard to breath through my nose.

Eyes are hurting today but that may be a sign they are better. Lots of gunk coming out of eyelashes. Probably some of it got onto my eyes.

Start weight 10/31 174lb today 172.4lb. I was hungry today and I know calories are closer to maintenance than diet.

Joan

Joan -- I hoping your eyes are getting better! I liked the barre workout too! :D Been there!! :p

Beth - I am following the Nov rotation as well, modifying using premixes here and there.

I did Low impact challenge premix #4 -- I LOVED IT!! :D:D
I am so glad it warmed up again. Well, I'll take 60*!! I am just feeling all over better than in the cold. We have been seriousely talking about moving somewhere warm. Leaving my kids and grandbaby is the only reason I don't want to. :(

Hi, Y'All.

I really want to try that Turbo Barre workout! It looks fabulous. However, this is a super busy week, so it may have to wait until next week.

Beth, what a great suggestion for planks modification! I'm going to try that next time.

Ladies, I agree with you about the food. Today, I am going to research some other eating plans. I am worried that we might both get diabetes, and dh needs to lose as much as I do. I have to do something for both our sakes!

I am just a little pushed for time today, so I selected a premix from Athletic Training. It might have been only 22 minutes long, but Cathe can certainly kick your b**t quickly! :eek: Guess that's why I buy her workouts.

Jann, I agree about having distance between you and your children & grand children. My grandson lives about 1,000 miles from us, and it is really tough not to be there for him.

Well, gotta run.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

I just finished Afterburn- or it finished me- I just took it at my pace and I always modify the planks by holding my step instead of the floor. But- 452 calories gone!! Can't beat that. I am following the Nov rotation.:D

Beth I just reread this. I do the same thing even for burbpes(sp?) I use my step a lot of the times.

Jann, Yup! I've been working out all these years and I still cannot tolerate that much weight on my wrists when I do planks or pushups or burpees. If you keep your body at an angle like on the step, you can focus on the core work that is supposed to be happening.

Magnolia, let us know what you come up with. I just need to stop with the sugar. It is so addictive! Try the barre routine for a short time if you get busy again. It also is quite a burn!

Joan, keep up the good work.

I went to spinning express tonight at the club with DH. Nay 30 minutes and 443 calories!!

I overate yesterday but at least weight is not up today. Another excuse for not exercising, I twisted my back wrong and it hurt all day. The kids were in a bad mood which didn't help.

My brother told me yesterday that he had given up a baby girl for adoption 28 years ago. I don't know why he never told me or my mother this before now. She called him last week. He had thught she might get in touch before now. He had left a letter and a necklace with the new parents. Sounds like she had a good life and she is willing to meet him in Dec.

Joan

Joan -- oh my. Wow. How is your brother? Is this exciting for all of you?

Rest day today. I only slept 3 hours last night. I had dark chocolate about 2 hours before bed... It really screwed me. :confused::confused: Lesson learned.
I did gain yesterday -- I blame it on the chocolate!! :mad:

Hi, Y'all!

This morning I did another premix from Cardio Supersets. Really like that one! Beth, I used your modification with the step, and it worked very well for me. My wrists are not so crazy about those moves either, and it's tricky for me to get all the way down to the floor. Really felt those moves in my core. Thanks!

I looked into The Dash Diet and Suzanne Somers' Diet. The Dash Diet is really more about blood pressure, not so much about cutting sugar. Suzanne Somers has a pretty good solution, but you really must love to cook, and I was not clear about the phases--may seriously think about that one some more. I decided to put us both back on the South Beach Diet, at least for now. The main thing I like about it is that the first two weeks, you really cut your sugar cravings. The food is really good, and if you stick to it, you can lose belly fat. We'll see if this works again for us.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Magnolia

Ok Joan--- Your life is SOOO much more exciting than mine! Whoa! That;s some news from your brother! That means you are an Aunt!!:rolleyes:

Magnolia- The SouthBeach always works for you! So thats a good thing. I like that modification too. I just slow it down and focus on the movement

Jann- You must be one day ahead of me. I did the cardio supersets today. Did you order the sliders for your feet? I have been using furniture movers but they are small:)

Today was glide and slide cardio and trisets upper body. My hips are feeling very worked. :cool: I did a little extra upper body work.

Beth I got the sliders free with my order. I can use them on my floor. I don't like them for all the exercise so sometimes I just do the exercise with out them. :)

Hi, Y'All!

I could make a little more time today for a workout, so I did Turbo Barre. Really loved it! I know I will be feeling it tomorrow, but I always take that as a sign that those muscles needed the work.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.