50 and over week of Nov 21 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
No school tomorrow for Elliot so I will have both of them all day. Eyes felt like they did in the beginning today. I don't know why. I have faithfully done everything I was told.

I need to make sure I weigh tomorrow. If I put it off I don't watch what I eat. An increase on the scale scares me at least enough to back off eating and stay the same.

Joan

Magnolia, Hope you feel better soon. I feel something coming on too and dh came home sick.

I felt so tired all day. I better feel more energetic tomorrow because I need to get a lot done. At least I won't have the kids.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, I am sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your eyes. I hope you feel better soon.

Have not slept well for the past two nights, but I had a 2-hour nap yesterday afternoon! It is a chest cold, of that I am certain. Anyway, it's not so bad that I couldn't stand a little activity today. Just settling on what to do.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL.

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All!

I just did FitPrime Lean. It's short, not too challenging, and it was the right level for me today.

Have a great day, everyone and

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Magnolia

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I didn't see this news week until today! I've been cooking for days! why do I always think about dieting during the holidays? I think the scale scares me too Joan!

Joan , I'm sorry your eyes are acting up again!

magnolia, rest a lot before you get even sicker!

Jann , hope you have a wonderful holiday as well!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

We had a good meal but brother has ear and sinus infection. Since he only has hearing in one ear, this causes him to go completely deaf. It sometimes takes a week or two for hearing to come back. He has been warned that someday it won't. He was planning to take his family to meet his "new" daughter tomorrow. He also has a stomach flu so trip is probably cancelled. This week was ideal because everyone could go and they had three days.

Eyes were good today. I just wish I knew what caused the bad days.

Son and dil will take kids to Mall of America tomorrow. Are they nuts?

Tomorrow is leftovers and Saturday I start a strict diet until Christmas. Please hold me to it. I know what I need to do to lose weight. Why don't I do it?

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was very nice.

My doctor gave me green and white tea supplements, and I am starting them tomorrow morning. They are supposed to rev up my metabolism--we'll see.

Still have the cold. I have been tired today, but I think I am somewhat better. Haven't needed the cough syrup so much.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Happy day after Black Friday everyone!

We had a nice Thanksgiving with SO MUCH FOOD!! I just went to a spin class and in the mirror I could see side flab from across the room in the mirror!!! As bad as that made me feel, it reminded me that the mouth stays shut today!!

Joan, are you sticking with your diet plan?

Magnolia and Jann, how about you? I figure that we have 3-4 weeks to scale it down before the Christmas Cookies!

HI all! Joan I have dry eye in my right eye, I know how much that hurts, I can't image what you are going through. {{{ Joan }}}

Well, Thanksgiving was a hoot. It's nice to have a little one around. :D
6405685095_ecf8261d4b.jpg

Jann what a great picture. We had 10 over for Thanksgiving but not grandkids.

Beth I am definitely in for the next 21 days. My only problem is the Christmas party we have that is on the 17th. I won't be able to taste while I am cooking. I have the Meal Replacement Shake. It has 116 calories per serving. I will have to figure out calories. I don't know if you could have a meal and shakes twice to get up to calorie level or just once.

I just saw a saying on someone's signature- Trying is planning to fail.
I won't try this time I need to just do it.

Weigh in 175.4. Basically wasted the month of November. Even if some is water weight I am at least the 174lb I was 10/31 when I started.

Magnolia Hope you are feeling better. I drink green tea all the time. It doesn't seem to do much for me but I'm sure the supplements have more in it than my 3 cups of tea a day. Either that or it is working and I would be a lot worse without it.:)

Off to walk.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Jann, what an adorable picture! You are both beautiful.

MIL has Thanksgiving at her apartment every year, and dh and I have Christmas. There were eight people there, and not many leftovers. We brought home a "doggie bag", which, fortunately wasn't very big. I don't have much of an appetite with this cold for some reason, so I am going with it. It will probably be back before Christmas, however, and that will be a challenge.

I have no energy. I slept last night for 8 1/2 hours and another two this afternoon. I hope tomorrow will be better.

Magnolia

Magnolia, Sounds like sleep is what you need.

Day 1 of 21 completed. I had water packed tuna, salad and an apple with my breadstick. I also had 2 shakes. They are made from pea protein isolate, cocoa, stevia, apple pectin, asparagus powder, spinach powder, blueberry and raspberry powders. I'm not sure how that can be on the diet since you can't have blueberries or raspberries but calories are ok. You are supposed to mix it with 8oz of water but I also blend it with a half a tray of ice cubes.

Joan

Jann. What a sweet baby! And you look great!

Magnolia, I agree with Joan. You need rest! It's that time of year where you can pick up viruses too easily from being run down.

Joan, does the shake have a name? I'm starting the same diet today! I can't take it another day and all the exercise in the world is not stopping the weight !!

It is from GNC- HCG diet approved Meal Replacement Shake. I ordered 3 boxes of 12 each and the gold card online to get the best price. At 2 a day for 21 days it's not quite enough but I may have food twice in a day when it's convenient. They weren't in my local store, but I didn't try all of them.

Haven't eaten yet today because we went out shopping. Hopefully I won't have to do that again.

Joan

Weigh in 172lb

Thanks Joan- good job on the 2 pounds! I'm going to look locally and then try online I guess.

So far today, pilates and laundry and church!

Salads and chicken and green tea!

Just had lunch- chicken, asparagus and an orange.

Shakes will be tonight. It's kind of nice to have something two times. One is usually quite late.

joan

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, congratulations on the weight loss.

Beth and Joan, I hope your plan works for you.

Jann, I think I voted for Reggie's picture. I went to your link and "liked" it. Hope it works.

Well, I'm not really trying to diet at this point. I am eating a lot more soup than I normally would, and I'm drinking a lot of hot tea. I generally do not finish an entire plate of food, but then I am eating slower. I started the supplement that my doctor's office recommended. Maybe it'll work.

I think I am going to bundle up in my pj's and go to bed early.

Magnolia

HI all!! Thanks Magnolia! Yes, that's how you vote.

Well, I am getting two walks in a day with Reggie about 20-30 minutes each. No real workouts. I plan to start decorating today and that is a lot of work here. I decorate every room. I clean a put away all my usual stuff. Then I have bring all the decorations up from the storage room in the basement so up and down steps, carrying, lifting. I'll get a workout in. :D
No diet for me either. I will try to stay with in my 3 pound up and down range. I need to figure out something with my stomach though. It's got to be menopause, I am just not sure what to do. It seem if a gain weight it all goes right to my midsection. :mad: And if I lose, it stays there. :mad:

Jann I hear you. My midsection is what I hate most.

Beth remember fast weight loss on a low calorie or high protein diet is because glycogen stores are used up. When you burn more calories than you eat you use up your "quick energy" first. You will burn fat later. Glycogen is like a sponge and also holds on to a lot of water. That's why when you go back to eating carbs you will gain a little. Your body wants and needs that quick energy glycogen store and with that the water will come back. It's also why if you have been on a very low calorie eating plan for a long time you will gain a little even if you go back to eating a maintenance level of calories.

Day three wi 170.8lb. Loss of 4.6lb since Sunday. I should have lost 1lb based on the calorie deficit. 1.4lb was Thanksgiving weight that was probably mostly salt and the rest was water I will gain back when I eat maintenance.

Today's lunch was lower sodium water packed tuna, an apple and I think tonight I will eat the cabbage with my shakes. Also lots of tea and water.

I'm trying to plan the menu for my Christmas party. The last thing I need to do is think about food.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.