50 and over week of May 16 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

Typing in the date I couldn't believe how time just flies. At least I have a plan now. I will start sts meso 2 Monday.

Deb I'm glad you're back. Good job on the grades.

Joan

Hi Ladies! Checking in with STS Disc #25, I started the this past April rotation, cause somewhere along the line I lost the entire month, LOL. I know its probably ambitious of me since I have so much going this week, but maybe it will help the stress level.

Thank you all for the nice compliments and encouagement......I have six more classes and I should graduate next June. I am taking time off until July, to get Josh his orientation and registered for college, then I will "hunker down".

I'll try not to be such a stranger here.

All have a happy Sunday!

Morning -- Checking in with housework. My cold is on it's last leg and I am giving it one more day. I am trying to get my 10k steps in -- that is NOT easy when I don't walk on the treadmill - :confused:

Good morning, Y'All!

Deb, which school did your son choose?

I just finished Low Impact Step and a stability ball abs workout from High Step Circuit. It's getting easier with that workout, so next time I'll raise the step.

I went to a surprise bridal shower/luncheon for a dear friend's daughter yesterday. I did not eat the penne ala vodka (although I was very tempted), but I gave in to the cake. It's okay--I'll manage to make up for it.

Hope you all have a great day.

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

I discovered rebounding over the last few days and now it is all I want to do for a while. I have a cardiolates tape from filates on fifth and with the rebounder I can really burn the calories and it is not as hard on the joints as the insanity!

Nice to see you back Debbie!!

Hi, Y'All.

Well, this morning I did FitPrime Pump. I like that one a lot--works my bad shoulder without too much stress on the joint.

It's a yucky, rainy day out there today. It would be a great afternoon to curl up with a good book, but, unfortunately, too much housework to do. :(

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Checking in with a 30 minute walk on the treadmill --- I can't believe how much I sweated -- whoa!!

Hi Ladies!

No workout today, just getting the house in shape to welcome...get this....I have 70 people confirmed for Josh's party. The worst part is his siblings will not be here and he is upset to say the least. My daughter and I got into a HUGE fight about it, because I busted by butt to get an extra ticket and NOW she tells me she can't come. Go figure!

Josh has chosen Kennesaw State University and is going to live at home the first year, then transfer to Georgia. It's really a good thing, he really is not mature enough to move out and frankly, I don't think he wanted to. But he actually did not get into Georgia, and the only thing we can figure is the economy....budget cuts, professors let go, etc. In fact there was an article in the paper about 500 kids that had early acceptance were being told "sorry". Josh has a 3.75 grade average, 5 AP classes, and a 1765 on his SAT. We were shocked. But, as I said, it is for the best, I think he was afraid of making a deceision. He was actually accepted to Kennesaw last fall. It's all good!

Gotta go and finish......I am just going "KOO KOO for Cocoa Puffs" with this party.

Deb

Hi, Y'All.

No workout for me today--got too much to do around here.

Deb, I don't have to tell you what a great school KSU is. I received my undergraduate degree there in 1980 :eek: Anyway, he'll do very well, I am sure, although I'm also sure it's disappointing not to get your first choice. I also hope your family will work things out peacefully.

Well, gotta go. I hope everyone has a great day.

Magnolia

College, OMgosh Deb it seems like yesterday when we were talking about Josh starting HS. :eek::eek: What a great kid!! + Mom!!

Jumped on the treadmill this morning then did some mowing. My DH decided we needed a pilates machine. It came today. Actually he just likes the idea of working out on his back. :p After I grab a shower I am going to give it a go. It has a rebounded attachment on in for cardio --- :cool:

OMgosh Jann! I didn't realize it had been that long that we "met". Time flies indeed! Josh will transfer to GA after 30 hours. He wants to be 1 of 3 things....a vet, a zoologist(sp?), or a meteorologist. We'll see. A journey it is!!!!!! Whatever it is it will be science based,he had 8 sciences in HS and only needed 4. AND....he got his HONOR CORD today! So he will be graduating with HONORS AND DISTINCTION! Can you tell I am PROUD!!!!

Deb

Hi ladies,

Jann let me know how the pilate machine works. I know I don't need another piece of equipment but I have heard it really works.

Monday was sts disc 13 and Tuesday legs. I substituted Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30-Minutes to Fitness. Today should have been disc 15 but won't get done. I want to put all the "weight " work first and then do cardio on the remaining days.

I had to use lighter weights than the first time through. It looks like meso 1 does make a difference. I may do meso2, meso 3 then meso2 and 3 again. I like structure I just wasn't crazy about meso 1.

Joan

Hi everyone,

Even though I have not checked in for a week I have been doing Cathe's May 2010 rotation.
5/13 MMA Boxing
5/14 Muscle Endurance
5/15 45 min on Elliptical Trainer
5/16 Rest
5/17 High Step Training
5/18 50 min on Elliptical Trainer
5/19 Low Impact Circuit (Love this one)
5/20 HiiT Double Wave Pyramid

My daughter and her husband came up to visit us over the weekend. They will be moving into our area in July so they were looking for a place to live. My sil will be going to graduate school in the fall. It was a great visit.

I have been busy replanting a perennial garden that attracts butterflies and hummingbirds that two groundhogs had destroyed several years ago. We bought tons of plants over the weekend and we were busy weeding and preparing the ground for planting. I am very surprised that my leg muscles did not hurt at all the next day. Guess Cathe's workouts do a thorough job of conditioning the glutes, hamstrings and inner thighs.

Well I need to practise my cello (have lessons this evening), get dress and work out in the garden. It's going to be a beautiful day.

Good morning, Y'All!

Deb, that's wonderful! I don't blame you for being proud--that's fantastic!

I just did Cardio & Weights (my first time). I loved it! :D If I'm sore tomorrow, I'll know I really loved it. ;) I had to modify a few of the moves, but when I get used to them, I probably won't have to.

Well, I have a rehearsal tonight so I'd better get music in order, along with everything else!

Have a great day, Ladies!

Magnolia

Morning Magnolia! :D

Linda good to see you and nice job on the workouts! I love looking at the gardens when all the work is done!!!

Deb yeap, it's been that long. Shoot I have been video exercising for so long I really should look like a chiseled goddess... ((I don't! :p))

Joan I will. I did 10 minutes on it this morning. I am calling it a learning curve it did not impress me much yet.

Jumped on the treadmill for 2 miles and 10 minutes on the pilates machine. Out to garden!

SUPER CONGRATS!!! deb, that is wonderful about your son. my son graduated 4th in his class. it was such an honor to see him up there. he sounds alot like your son. very big in science and math, very intelligent. and, he got a scholarship to texas a&m (which is a pretty big deal) . he went his freshman year and wouldn't go back. he hated it. so , it is probably good that josh is gonna stay home and mature a bit. it is quite a transition for some kids to leave home. but, my son did get his degree w/4 yrs in the air force and he is acomputer programer today with a hugh company in san antonio. you are a busy woman.

sorry to be awol, busy,busy!
mon--did aerobic body shaping , then worked at the vet clinic for 6 hrs and logged 8 miles on my pedometer.
tues-500 calorie, and another 8 miles on ped.
wed. -outside w/grandkids, 7-8 miles on ped.
thurs. total muscle shaping.

i am soo tired today, i barely made it thru tms , i was very glad it was only 45 min. ic an't believe it is almost the weekend again!! if i'm not around, ya'll have a good one. i am working again all day saturday.

Hello!!

Congrats Deb on your son!!! My baby graduated last year so I am right there with you!!

Jann- did you get a reformer? Where did you order it from? I took a training course last year in pilates so I would understand it better because it seemed too easy to me at first- but thats because I wasn't engaging the right muscles-- I love my reformer but it does not replace Cathe workouts in either the cardio or weights.. go to Pilates on fifth and they have a place for downloadable workouts that are good.

Linda- good job on the rotation- I started it and only made one week- I think I will start again since I downloaded some of the programs that I did not have.

Magnolia-are you still doing the south beach diet?

Good morning,

I can't believe how sore I am. The weights I used were lighter. I can't believe how much strength I had lost. Maybe I will learn my lesson and not take a long break again.

Linda, That's great that daughter will be moving close. My youngest son is in Portland Or and we only see him once a year.

Tonight is babysitting again.

Joan

Good afternoon, Y'All.

Well, it was such a beautiful day here, I just finished a "brisk" :eek: 3-mile walk. It's way better than taking antidepressants!

Linda, it is wonderful that your daughter is moving close to you. My son is over 1,000 miles away.

We got a scare yesterday. DS called DH and told him that DIL had been admitted to the hospital and doctors had given her only a week to live. DH spoke to DIL's mother today, and she told him that actually DIL was dehydrated from pain medications, but that her kidneys were functioning normally now and she is actually eating. I think DS is panicking, and I think he needs his mother. Don't know exactly what the plan is now, but will talk to DH later. Still working with CTCA to have DIL admitted to their program. We'll see what happens.

Everyone stay well, and have a great evening.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.