50 and over week of March 1 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I was on a roll with my work last night so I kept working until 4:00 am. I slept until 9:30 am when a client called. I don't know why people think because I work out of my home I don't have business hours.

I just finished disc 5. I need to also do disc 6 to get everything in this week. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Joan

Good morning! I have never understood how people think either. A lot of people we deal with live in CA. and why is it they can't "get" our day is over at 3:00 pm their time!!! We get calls right up to 10:00pm our time. :mad: Right there with ya!
GREAT job in getting Disc 6 in!!

I have managed to get on the treadmill and get at least 40 minutes in Sat and Sun. I have been adding a bit of light free weights in because I don't want my muscles to think I have forgotten them! ;) I am healing nicely so I am not doing heavy weights again until next week. Then I'll start out slow again. :)

Good afternoon everyone,

Jann glad you're healing well.:D

I'm planning to get disc 7 in today. No weight loss yesterday but I was not surprised. No cardio last week.

Fortunately the motor for my car is less that the first estimate. He was just giving us a guess. I'm supposed to have it back by Friday. I really can't get a new car that is as cheap or as big. The back door is perfect for me to roll my mother's wheel chair in and I still have room for car seat on other side. If you would have every told me I would need to have a wheelchair and carseat in my car at the same time I would have thought you were crazy.

Dil asked if I could babysit in the fall. I said aren't you planning on staying home with baby. She said she needed time to sleep.

Will check in later,

Joan

Joan it looks like its me and you kid! :D

Kids! They need sleep? Does she have any idea what you are going through right now?
Good things Will Come Your way! Baby seat and a wheelchair just shows what kind of wonderful person you are. Good news on your car.

I ended up going with DH on an overnight business trip. No workouts for me. I did walk a lot though. :)

Replying to myself....:(

I am picking up weights today!! :D I'll be doing Cathe's highstep!! Starting out slowly once again. :)

Hi, Everyone!

The trip was wonderful (cruise) and we had a great time. There were plenty of opportunities to exercise, but none of the classes fit in time wise with other things I wanted to do, so I did treadmill a lot. We also try to get walking tours whenever we take the shore excursions. My DH needed the vacation, he'd been putting in a lot of long hours. I guess he got so run-down that he was susceptible. He came down with the flu about the third day out and had to be confined to our stateroom for a couple of days. It was a bummer, but the ship's doctor was very good, and he was a good boy, so he only had to stay in for about two days. He got to take two shore excursions, and went to several of the activities, but had to rest a lot and avoided too close contact with anyone.

I'm taking a "jet lag" day today. Got to go finish my unpacking and get some groceries. Have a great afternoon.

Magnolia

WELCOME home Magnolia! :D It's been very, very quiet here.
What all did you see on your cruise, was it warm? Bummer about your husband getting the flu. :(

Hi Everyone!

I guess I took the "week off" too seriously. I have been running and walking and spinning but haven't looked a the Cathe board until now. I was seriously exhausted after finishing Meso 1.

Joan, I know what you mean about business hours- I work at home too. I get annoyed whgen the phone rings and I am in the middle of a workout- so I just tell myself that if I were at a gym- I wouldn't be there to answer it.

Jann glad to see your are back in there with the weights and all. You must be healing finally?

Magnolia- I am glad you had a great cruise. How was the food?

Saturday I start with Disc 13- and I am still sore from last week- WOW!!

HAve a good evening!! Beth

Hey, Y'All!

Back again. After all day traveling yesterday, a late night and lots of unpacking today, I am real tired, so I'm just playing at the computer now.

Jann, very happy to hear that you are healing. It was a wonderful cruise. We sailed from Port Everglades, FL, and had ports of call in Aruba, Cartegena, Panama & Panama Canal (we went through the canal twice, interesting), Costa Rica (the Rain Forest! So beautiful!), and Ocho Rios, Jamaica, a very beautiful place. Loved all the people we met, not a disagreeable one in the bunch.

Beth, the food was far too good. There was a wonderful buffet every day for breakfast and lunch, high tea every afternoon, and great restaurants to go to for dinner. They did offer a "Spa Menu Selection" which was the healthier option, and I usually had that for dinner. However, it's hard not to try some of the more exotic foods that are offered. I did opt out on the gooey sugar pastries for breakfast, though. The Jamaicans use a funny term, "Licky-licky mon." It means a person who loves to eat a lot of food. Good thing I came home when I did or I would have turned into one! I'm starting CLX Monday for sure, and I am already changing my eating habits.

Joan, hope you are doing well. My husband has his own business, and the clients call at all hours, too. I can't imagine what is going on in their heads very early in the morning, but I guess there's just no escaping that.

Hi, there, Bev and Pauline, hope you are well.

Have a great evening, Ladies!

Magnolia

Hi ladies,

Magnolia trip sounds great. Fortunately my dh always gets sick but its always on the way home from vacation. Lately I've had him take airborne on the airplane.

Jann have a good weekend. Be very careful with weights and steps.

Beth I hope you enjoyed week off.

I'm going to have dil keep Elliot at day care a least a week after tax season so I can sleep. I think that's my next off week.

I may have to do all three discs on Sunday to finish week on time.

Joan

Good afternoon everyone,

Just finished appointments and reading mail. There is an ad for a weight loss center with no exercise, no injection and no bloodwork. Most clients lose 20-30 pounds in about a month AND they say the RESULTS ARE TYPICAL. I'm not going to answer ad but it is supposed to be based on a book by Kevin Trudeau "The Weight Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About" Has anyone tried this? I reserved the book at the library so at least will read about it after tax season. I'm still looking for the miracle diet.:rolleyes:

No work out yet.

Joan

Hi Joan – You might want to Google Kevin Trudeau. He has some pretty “weird” stuff out there. He has been named a scam artist for his books and his infomercials. He claims a lot of things. I have not really heard of his diet plan, just his miracle cure stuff. Maybe his diet is the answer? :confused:

Magnolia - Your cruise sounds like it was a lot of fun. Was this your first time cruising? My son is going to Jamaica on his honeymoon. I am glad to hear that was a nice place. :)

Beth glad to hear you are still with us! :D Sounds like the week off IS well deserved and needed. Are you a runner? My youngest son is a runner. I have tried and I can’t seem to enjoy it. He loves it.

Well, ladies I am starting the Chalene Extreme over starting Sunday. I would really like to have started STS but, in reality I know my body is not ready. :( CLX I believe will get me closer. My incision is completely closed and I want to keep it that way. ;) So I am using lighter weights (the reason I don’t want to start STS now is because I want to use heavy weights) and letting my body have more time to heal. So there…. I said it and I am committed to it. :p

Good afternoon, Ladies.

Joan, we have been on a few cruises, and this one was especially nice.

Jann, I am starting CLX tomorrow myself. I was a bit under the weather yesterday and today, but I should be fine by then. Let me know how it goes with you.

Ladies, have a great evening.

Magnolia

Hi All!

Well it is Sunday night and I am still tired from yesterdays MESO 2 disc 1. On the second cycle, the weights are heavier, three reps of each with a minute in between to rest. I am starting to see results all over- I do believe my body us starting to burn the fat again (but I don't want to speak too soon and jinx it)

Joan. I don't know how you can do all three in one day unless you take a nap in between. Let me know how that goes. But whenever you see a diet that promises all that- you know it is a scam.

Jann- I agree with you- you want to move forward not backward- the clx sounds like a good choice

Magnolia-Good luck with your CLX as well- I amight check thatone out after the STS ends:D

Have a great evening:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.