50 and over week of Jan 11 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
I am still trying to post before pictures. I edited them so they compressed to be less than max attachment volume. It says wait and it is up loading but nothing every happens. What am I doing wrong?
Joan

Joan, where are the before pictures posted? Is everyone posting the same place, or is it part of your profile? I doubt I can figure it out, I had problems with my avatar!
Bev

I had such a busy day today. My oldest son is getting married in April and my future daughter-in-law has been so nice to include me in the preparations. We did some registering today. :)

I did Burn Intervals today and watched ab burner(can’t wait to try it!). I really liked this workout!! It was perfect for me. I am a big fan of weights not so much cardio.:) I guess we all have our favorites. I burned over 300 calories and didn't seem to work that hard doing it. :cool:

Joan I took before pictures also. Where are you trying to upload them too? The pups, :confused: I only said I would do it until they are trained. Luckily my son only lives ½ mile from me.

Bev Doing 1 set of CLX a week sounds doable for me. So Monday will be burn circuit 3, Tuesday Burn it Off and Recharge, Wednesday rest. Thursday Push Circuit 1 etc. etc. ???
That middle age spread as you are calling it. I swear I woke up one day a year ago and there it was. I SWEAR it happened over night. AND its still there. :eek: Now, with this stupid slit down my middle my stomach looks like something from a horror movie. and this is why I workout! ;)

Pauline – I think Joan is our expert on “how too” for the 1RM’s.

Hi to the rest ya 50's... :D

Good evening everyone

I've got the pictures on my computer. I'm just trying to upload them to this thread but maybe I should try album at social group.? I didn't have a picture for avatar yet but wanted to put "before" pictures up.

I finally got all tax questionaires mailed . Now to start payroll tax returns and w-2's.

Today's wo was a very slow hour on treadmill. We'll see how knees are tomorrow.

Jann I loved my son's wedding. Just enought involvement without all the pressure.

I much prefer weights to cardio. I'd like to give it up but I'm sure my heart wouldn't appreciate it.
Joan

Back again, just taking a break.

Pauline I did sts 1rm from wo card and in that order. I figured if it was the 4th or 5th set on the page I would be tired anyway when doing the full set with Cathe. So any little difference in weight didn't matter. I really think Cathe is just trying to get most people who are not fitnessfreak to lift more. I know in the past when I was lifting 20lb db I would not have done that on my own. Trainer made me.:p Since I am just starting back I'm not sure I will even lift what 60% 1rm is for 1st cycle. I am going to be very careful. I will do 2nd round of sts and increase weight then. But who knows I may try to lift more each week until 4th week of cycle I am up to 60%.
Joan

Hi ladies!

I did CLX Burn Circuit 3 today. This one was OK. I have to really be careful about shoulders so I went light.

Where are the rest of you hiding? :D

Good afternoon everyone,

Welcome Sally:D Most of us are doing various wo until sts is available.
Please check in and visit with us. Jann and I are using Cathe's nutrition calculator to manage diet.

"OFFICIAL WEIGH IN" 166 POUNDS:D:D:D:D I'm actually 1/2 pounds less than week before Christmas. Since Nov 18th that is 7 pounds.

Today needs to be lower body, but not sure what yet. May check in later when I take a break.

I'm giving up on pictures until my son comes over.

Joan

Good afternoon, Everyone.

Jann, I've been absent, but not hiding (really). I had a horrible sinus headache all day Saturday. It was almost gone yesterday, and is totally gone today.

Yesterday, I think I "stressed" my back a little (might have over-stretched just a little, I have a "twinge" but not much pain). Nevertheless, I really wanted a workout today, so I carefully did "Basic Step" and went easy on the stretching. Guess I'll see how I am tomorrow, I'll just do what I can--I really want to get back into it.

I really like weights, too. Although I love power walking (on a beautiful day particularly), I love sculpting and circuit training just as much.

Since I am almost starting from scratch, I think I am going to wait for STS until I am a little stronger. I'm sure it'll be great, but I want to hear what y'all think, too.

Stay well, please!

Magnolia

"OFFICIAL WEIGH IN" 166 POUNDS:D:D:D:D I'm actually 1/2 pounds less than week before Christmas. Since Nov 18th that is 7 pounds. Joan
greenstars.gif
YOU go girl!

Magnolia - Take care of that back! I thought I might be coming down with some kind of sinus this morning. But, luckily it went away by mid afternoon. :D See, I'll come look'n for ya if ya try to hide!! :p

Short break, hello all,
Wo ended up being legs and glutes from Bodyblast series.

Magnolia, be careful of the back.

Back to work,
Joan

Hi All
Magnolia, I woke up with a sore back too, don't know what I did, but it's okay now.

I did CLX BC3, and the first 12 min of BC1 because it took me that long to figure out I was doing the wrong workout!!! I have to go easy on shoulders too.

Jann, I thought I worked pretty hard doing Burn Intervals (although my heart rate only got to 136)!!! I used 5 lb. weights. Have you noticed your appetite has increased? Mine sure has. Chalene mentioned it in the workout too.

Since all of you seem to like weights better than cardio, does anyone else have the problem of gaining weight when doing weight workouts? I know that I do eat more because I am really hungry, but it could be that I just don't give it a long enough chance to work. I love cardio because it decreases my appetite and gives me so much energy, weights make me hungry and tired. So what's going to happen when I do STS?

Joan, I love legs & glutes! There are so many good premixes on that DVD! If I didn't have my workout planned for tomorrow I think I would do either premix #16 or #17.

Have a great day everyone! Maybe we will here some good news about STS today!

Bev

Goodmorning,

I will check in later with wo I think it will be abs and Leslie Sansone. I still feel my knees but they aren't really bad.

I didn't gain weight the three years I lifted but I didn't lose either. I wasn't following a diet at the time. I don't really notice being hungrier when I lift .

I hadn't even opened the package of Cathe's Kick , punch and crunch, since I found my joints couldn't take kick boxing. I was just looking at the cases yesterday and looking for lower body work and found it. Really good wo. I didn't even look at premix but will try them. I didn't do lunges or squats except plie squats. I added some additional floor work instead.

Joan

Good afternoon, Y'All!

I hope everyone is well.

My goal for this week is to get 5 or 6 workouts in. Today I did Lower Body Burn (Fit Prime from Women's Health and Fitness Network). I used to think this was a relatively easy workout. Not so today! About half way through, there is an exercise that requires balance and my legs really started to shake pretty violently. It just proved to me exactly how out of shape I have let myself get. Now I'm really motivated to get back into the groove and work harder. I just have to try to stay well!

Hope that you are all well. Have a great day!

Magnolia

Hi all –

I did CLX Burn it off – didn’t enjoy this one. And Recharge – this one is ok. I didn’t feel like I got a good workout so I jumped on the treadmill for another 100 calories.

Joan I love KPC I have done that one a long time.

Magnolia Stay well!! I have all of the FitPrimes too!

Bev I can’t remember what my number was for Burn Intervals. I do remember it being fun. I am always hungry! I don’t think it matters if I do weights or cardio. I’ll pay more attention.

Finally checking in!

Well didn't have a good weekend. After I posted on Friday, later that afternoon I was dizzy and my headache came back. I really think it is my sinus. Saturday I woke up and felt like death so I didn't go to the Little League registration on Saturday. That just sucked! Anyway, after lounging on Saturday, by Sunday I was feeling good! Did a short walk on Sunday and last night we walked for 2.5 miles with weights. I will walk again tonight. I see my doctor on Friday for my annual checkup, I will talk to her about it then! If it isn't one thing, it is another! At least I sleep well!

Have a great evening!

Tina

Another break,

Tina- glad you're feeling better.

Magnolia- I tried a new exercise that used balance in it yesterday. You stand on one foot and with the other foot you write the alphabet in the air. You don't put that leg down until you do it all. Then you do the same thing with the other foot.

Haven't done anything yet. ok I'll stop goofing off and go do something.

Joan

Tina I hope you are feeling better today.
Joan What did you end up doing?

Today is a rest day, I am feeling the CLX workouts. It's a good thing. :D by using the nutrition software and staying with in my calories, I did manage to take off 1 pound last week. :D

Good morning everyone,

Yea Jann:D a pound is great. I've accepted my 1/2lb a week rate. I would love to be surprised with a pound once in a while.

I ended up doing an hour on treadmill. I was reading a thread about pp/ss. I have never opened that package either. I thought that might be what I try today.

Joan

Thanks Joan!! I think that one pound loss is because I gained 4.5 over the holidays. :eek: I was hoping that it would come off as fast as it went on!! ;)
I have been playing around trying to get all A's I just don't think I can. I need to let that go and concentrate on Calories, fat, and fiber. I started mixing spinach in with my daily salad. I am hoping that helps a bit.
I've read (Dr Oz) that I should try to keep my morning meal the same every day. ugh. I do like oatmeal, I also like Kashi cereal.
How are you guys handling diet? Are you eating basically the same foods everyday?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.