50 and over week of Feb 8 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I only did 25 minutes on treadmill today. I thought something was better than nothing. I increased appt hours today to 9:00 to 4:00. Then dh and I split the house cleaning. At least it's almost done for another week.

I think tomorrow job is painting Elliot's new room. They want to move her to "big bed" before baby comes.

I will definitely get in disc 3 tomorrow. I want to do disc 4 on Tuesday, but may try for Monday. You never know how my week will go.

Bev did you start sts?

Jann, Beth or Magnolia - Are you having any trouble with calendar? When I scroll arrow over calendar a box pops up and says internet explorer script error. By the time I close it another pops up and I can't log on date.

Eating was not that great today.

Joan

Hi Everyone

Joan, how did disc 3 go? I did that one the last 2 Fridays and really liked it. Firewalkers are my very favorite legs exercises! I did have a problem with the wall squats, picking up the weight and putting it down!

I got good DOMS from Disc 2, I love that feeling! I'm following the rotation with cardio, so last week I also did Imax 2, Kick, Punch & Crunch, Drill Max (premix 3) and 2 of the STS ab workouts. DH is only doing the weight workouts. I feel really, really good! Tomorrow we are doing Disc 4. I can't wait to start another week!

My workout manager works ok, but it still says that I've done 45 workouts this month and 167 this year.

I hope everyone is doing great!!

Bev

Bev good work.

I'm just able to do discs and not much else. I felt disc 2 much more than disc 1. Since this was first time through I did not use weight on wall squat or paper plates. I know I will feel this one.

I know I need to get in abs but after wo I'm too tired maybe I should do them first.

I'm going to try disc 4 tomorrow if I have time. Rather than two times for first week. I plan on getting through cycle 1 and 2 by May and then start 3 until Jann is ready to start. Then I will do whole program again. Disc 1 and 3 probably should have been heavier, but since I am really out of shape I want to be careful. I will increase weights each week.

I wonder why there are dead lifts for both back and leg discs? I will sometimes have to do discs on consecutive days.

Bev you are doing great with your STS – wow. Adding that cardio looks tough. :)

Joan I think being careful is a very good thing. Sounds like you are doing very good too! :)

I took a rest day today. I had such a busy day yesterday I needed an extra rest today. Will jump back into it all tomorrow. This wedding planning is taking more of my time than I thought it would. Seems like everything is coming at me at once these days. :confused:

Joan, I also thought discs 1 & 3 were a lot easier than disc 2 and I did not have the soreness like disc 2. Disc 4 increases the weight to 65%, so maybe that will make a difference. I like to feel it, but not to the point I can hardly move!

Jann, how are you doing with CLX? I thought about doing the burn interval workout sunday, but I decided I had better rest up for the week ahead. It also looks like a tough week with some long cardio added.

I have been really good with my eating until the bag of (Quaker) Tortillaz I just ate! A 3 serving bag/130 calories per serving, certainly not the worst thing I've ever eaten, but still.... I've lost about 6 pounds now and really don't want to have to lose it again.

Beth and Magnolia, hope you had a good weekend!

Bev

I love reading about STS. I am very excited to get started.
CLX is going Very Well. I took a second rest day yesterday. I think sometimes it dose catch up with ya. :eek: I started using Cathe’s NS last week and I actually lost 2 pounds from last Monday to today. Very Happy About That! Since I gained 4.5 pounds over Christmas I can’t in my mind really consider me losing yet. Mind games.:confused:
Back to Push phase with Burn Intervals today.

Bev about those chips... been there done that!! ;) Congrats on 6 pounds!!

Good afternoon, Bev, Magnolia, Jann and Beth,

Bev I know I went too low on disc 1. I reduced 60% 1rm because I was so tired that day. I will only go up the 65% of the new value today. Although I may wait until tomorrow for disc 4. I really felt disc 3. I didn't use a lot of weight. but it hit muscles I haven't used in a while. I think the bonus legs and the firewalkers are the best part of disc.

Jann and Bev good going on the loss.:D

Official weigh in-163lbs. That's 1lb down from two weeks ago. No weigh in last week. A total of 10lbs lost.:D

Joan

Official weigh in-163lbs. That's 1lb down from two weeks ago. No weigh in last week. A total of 10lbs lost.:D
Joan
highfive.gif
Way to go Joan!! I can't wait until I can say that!!
happy-109.gif

Hi, everyone!

Congrats, Joan! 10 lbs. is great!

Bev, I'm with Jann about the chips--been there & done that!

CLX arrived today, and I have been looking it over. Looks like something I am going to enjoy. I am anxious to start, but my weekend was a little weird. I had some pain in my left arm that seems a lot like "tennis elbow." Don't know how I would have gotten that, but applied ice packs to the elbow at intervals all day Sat. Then, Saturday night, I couldn't sleep because of pain in my right leg! It radiated from my hip all the way to my ankle, but Sunday I pinpointed it to my right knee. So I have been having a couple of unscheduled rest days because I am not sure what the problem is. I am somewhat better today, but will call my doctor tomorrow if the situation is not improved. I am using ice packs several times a day on both my left elbow and my right knee and taking Advil.

I hope you are all doing well. I love hearing about STS, and hope y'all continue to enjoy and see results.

Stay well, please!

Magnolia

Joan and Jann, congrats on the weight loss!!! I wish I could magically lose 10 pounds, but it just isn't going to happen, I gotta work for every pound.

Magnolia, hope you are better! I'm always getting aches and pains and wonder what the heck I did! I sure do miss the CLX shorter workouts!

Monday was Disc 4 and Yoga Abs, but I didn't have time for the Ab workout. 65% was a little tougher, and some of the exercises didn't have 1 rm so I guessed. A million pushups again!!! I did a lot of them on my toes though!

Tuesday is Low Max and Yoga Abs that I didn't do Monday! It's going to be long!

Bev

STS and weight increments

First of all.. Joan and Jann --weigh to go!! I wish I could see my scale moving. I am trying something new this week on the eating- a friend read "Crack the fat loss code" and actually went to Orlando to do the classes and the fat melted off of her- I have had the book for awhile but studied it last weekend and I am giving it a go- It means no carbs for this first week which is really extreme for me, but hey, with that and the STS, somethings got to give.

I agree that the back day is the sore day. My weights didn''t seem that much either but I do feel it. The problem I am having is finding a way to add the one and 2 pounds to increase the increments- like this week It called for 27 pound dumbells or 17 pound. I ended up just using what I had which wasn't enough. I tried explaining to my husband why I needed the $400 bowflex adjustables but it seems like a waste when I already have a lot of weights- What are you guys doing?

Magnolia- I hope you're elbow is better. Maybe you just overworked everything.

Bev- where are you getting the rotation for the low max and abs? I am impressed!:cool:

Good Morning All!

Where is everyone? Busy doing your workouts? (Probably not at 2 am).

I had forgotten why I do not like Low Max--it has leg exercise intervals instead of cardio intervals! I like it much better and get a better workout doing the Step combo's only premix. I somehow fell on my step and kind of hurt my foot, not bad, but it doesn't make me like Low Max any better!

Beth, I have 4 platemates @ 1 1/4 lbs. each to increase dumbbells by 2 1/2 lbs. each (you can google platemates and find several places that sell them). I also have the 1/2 lb. each pace weights: http://www.paceweights.com/products/index.htm. They come in a set of 9 or 18 and can be used on dumbbells or barbell plates. Also Cathe's weighted gloves have 2-1/2 lb removeable weights in each glove. All of these are really handy and have gotten a lot of use doing STS!

The link for the rotation with cardio for Meso Cycle #1 is http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257971
The link for the rotation with cardio for Meso Cycles #2 & #3 is http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257972
You can also download it to your calendar in the workout manager.
I didn't have time to do the abs on Monday so I did them Tuesday.

Beth and Joan, where are you in STS? Wednesday is Disc 5 for me, Back & Triceps!

Bev

Last edited:
Morning!!

I was running around like a crazy woman yesterday! I think all of pieces for the center pieces are now bought and ready to be assembled. Whew! :D

Beth Thanks. I usually don’t lose weight like that. I think it is because I gained it so quickly over the holidays. Let me know about that book, sounds interesting.

Bev "ouch" I have hurt myself with a workout before. I then refer to it as the hip hurter or shoulder pain workout. ;)

Magnolia How’s that arm?

I have 4- 2 1/2 pound and 2-1 ¼ pound platemates. I have never seen the pace mates in a store would like to have a couple of those. I also have Cathe’s weighted gloves. I used them yesterday with my CLX workout.

Yesterday I did Push Circuit 3 and added Cathe’s weighted gloves while doing it. A lot of back and leg work – nice! Today is burn if off – I may do a Cathe aerobic workout instead.

Take care all!

Hi, Joan, Jann, Bev & Beth.

Bev, it sound like you are going great guns with STS. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll see some great results, just please be careful & don't hurt yourself.

Oddly enough, my leg stopped hurting sometime Monday afternoon & was fine by bedtime. Elbow is better, but still a little tender. Thanks all for asking. Now I have a cold!

Jann & Bev, I have been reading the CLX books. The food plan looks interesting, did either of you do that along with the workouts? I really like the South Beach Diet, and can only blame myself for what's been going into my mouth lately, but Chalene's recipes look fantastic. I was reading some of them to my husband last night and I think his mouth was watering.

I am going to see how my elbow is in the morning and if I can get away with taping it, I'll try Burn Circuit 1. We are going out of town on a little vacation in about a week, so I am reluctant to dive into the full CLX program right now, but maybe I can get into the workouts a little before then. I also plan to throw a little Cathe cardio into the mix.

Y'all have a great day!

Magnolia

Bev and Jann thanks for the platemate hint- I am going to order some but I kind of wish I had had them before I started STS

I am finished with disc 5 (yesterday) I am bumping up 6 and doing it today because on Monday I had a skin thing done and didn't feel like doing it- so I did it yesterday which puts my legs today- since it is a different part of body I dont think it matters

This no carb thing feels like it may be working but has zapped my energy- ortherwise- I would opt for cardio- but I like the pace of STS right now

The Cathe store does not seem to be working- no vest or glove shows up-- I am going to call them or otherwise see who else carries them-- thanks for the hints--Have a good afternoon everyone- Beth:D

plyo legs

I did disc 26 for my cardio and an extra leg day!! Burned 425 cal and it was really fun.

I am still going to do disc 6 for the "leg" day...

cheers!

Hi ladies,

Magnolia glad you're better. Get that vit c, you want to get rid of cold before vacation.

Beth and Bev your workouts are amazing. I had hoped to be doing cardio and discs in Jan. when I had time. Now I fit in disc when I can. That's what I like about program I always know which wo to do next.

Jann you're doing a lot more than I did for wedding, hope you're having fun. I may have to order clx just to know what you are talking about. I'm not sure even the shorter wo would help me now. I had appts from 9am until 8pm. with no break. When I get off computer I will do disc 4. The go back to work.

Joan

Hi, Ladies!

Took Burn Circuit 1 for a "test drive" this morning. Short, but you really feel the work. I could have gone heavier on a couple of the exercises, but I'll get that right next time.

Bev, thanks for posting the site for the weights. It might be a good investment for me--not terribly expensive and a good solution when you don't have a lot of space for equipment.

Joan, Jann & Beth, hope you're having a great day, too.

Stay well, everyone!

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.