50 and over week of Feb 27 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
I can't believe it's almost March. Today it's supposed to be 68 degrees.

WI 160.8lb with no loss. I didn't drink much water and I had hamb. They did say I should limit hamb. to once a week.

Jann I think there is always more fat and salt when you eat out. But you wouldn't want to stop going out. We're in this for the long haul.

I don't know why the 160 mark is so hard to get past.

Joan

I was wild and crazy today and ate 694 calories. Tomorrow if followed correctly is 380 calories for the day.

Good morning,

Day 1- 165
day 2- 170
day 3- 169.4
day 4- 165.4
day 5- 163.4
day 6- 162.4
day 7- 162
day 8- 161.8
day 9- 160.8
day 10-160.8
day 11-160.2

Lost .6lb. The scale really doesn't want me to hit 160 but hopefully tomorrow. With all the salt I am eating I wouldn't have been surprised with just a water gain on one of the days.

I'm glad I lost. The suggestion for a plateau was to eat nothing but 6 apples for the day.

Joan

Sunday stats:
Calories burn 2347 consumed 1210
Steps 9,272
Eating - Clean
Well, this is what happens when I don't get on the treadmill or workout... :rolleyes:
Monday weigh in I lost .8 pounds, I lost 1.2% body fat. :)

I have no energy today, again. I will workout... I will!! :eek:

Yesterday I felt like a slug. And the stat's show it.

Monday stats:
Calories burn 2470 consumed 1253
Steps 8,983
Eating - OK

Today has already been better. Hiit 30/30 very modified, 3 miles on the treadmill!! :D

This was a terrible eating day. I had about 1200 calories. I guess I'll have a 6 apple and just water day tomorrow and start over.

Joan

[[[[ Joan ]]]] Hang in there!! It's only one day.
Beth what did you end up doing?

Well, doing Hiit, then 3 miles on the ol'treadmill stats are looking good today! Too bad the scale didn't move an ounce!!
mad.gif

Tuesday stats:
Calories burn 3012
eek.gif
consumed 1286
Steps 16,600
Eating - Clean -- I had spaghetti pie, home made and a small piece. I used 2% cheese and whole wheat pasta.

Going to the doctor today for my post surgery follow up.
Hope to get in 30 minutes this morning on the treadmill.

Jann When will they check thyroid levels? You're doing great on diet but something is slowing weight loss.

I found out what happens when you over eat. Up a pound. They warn you to eat less than 500 calories for the 3 days after so drops get out of your system or you will gain. It was a taste of mashed potatoes that did me in. I wasn't so much hungry as I just wanted different food. I've learned my lesson. I also need to drink a lot more water.

Magnolia We miss you.

Beth How is diet coming.

Hi Cathy I know you are just busy with work and grandkids.

Joan

hah! I have been avoiding you all because I caved!!!! the combination of workload and my husband and his cookies just got to me! Also, this is a different drop and I am wondering if it is the homeopathic version which does not work! It isn't the same as last time. But, I have avoided this conversation because I know I am making excuses!

So, i lost about 4 pounds. Something I am never able to do otherwise. I think I will start again tomorrow and just keep plugging away at it.

Jann be sure to let us know how your apt goes. Where is everyone else?

Beth don't avoid us. We're all human. I am eating the 6 apples today and will get back on the program tomorrow. I wasn't that hungry but at least the set back will hopefully keep me from cheating again.

Joan

It's a day of "what the heck!" I ate enough peanut butter today to feed a small elementary school!! :D:D:D

I got my numbers from the doctor today. My thyroid function is dropping, so she put me on synthroid. The bad news, she thinks the reason I am not losing weight on my current eating method is because I am insulin resistance. :confused::confused: Pre-diabetic. I showed her my food diary, my weight gain numbers over the last month and fat %'s from the last month. I told her I am not a big eater, I exercise regularly and I am stuck and have not been able to lose for a while. So she is running blood tests in 7 weeks to show my thyroid numbers plus my sugar numbers. She want's to rule out thyroid by staying on the synthroid for 8 weeks and then I go back to see her. CRAP CRAP CRAP. I told her I had the DNA test done and told her the results. She said that just from looking at me, she could tell that the way I carry my weight, that it's not a good plan for me.
So she suggested -- I know YOU all told me -- I need to go on a low-fat, low-carb high protien diet. :rolleyes: She said not anything as strict as atkins, but, middle of the road. No more than 30grams of carb per meal 5'x a day. Limit sugar and everything white.

Time to re-boot! :eek::eek:

hah! I have been avoiding you all because I caved!!!! the combination of workload and my husband and his cookies just got to me! Also, this is a different drop and I am wondering if it is the homeopathic version which does not work! It isn't the same as last time. But, I have avoided this conversation because I know I am making excuses!

So, i lost about 4 pounds. Something I am never able to do otherwise. I think I will start again tomorrow and just keep plugging away at it.

Jann be sure to let us know how your apt goes. Where is everyone else?
You can run, but you can't hide!! :eek::eek:;);)
Get back on that horse, girlfriend! :D

Jann

I bet that the plan metabolic has called meta slim which is very similar to these other plans would work for you. It is clean eating spread throughout the day. Small meals. Protein heavy but with carbs and some fat. I Just always had trouble with those kind of diets because I cant seem to plan ahead enough.

I did Pilates and the STS workout week 1 day 1 yesterday. I did the weights while watching tv. Whatever it takes!

I am stuck at 160.2lb. I can't seem to eat perfectly. I am hitting about 600-650 calories. I lost 3.2lb the first week and 1.6lb the second week.

calories eaten Sunday-694
Monday-650
Tuesday-1200
Wednesday-434
Thursday-650

I did start walking again. I need to sneak in at least the walking. I don't think it takes too many calories to sit at a computer all day.

Joan

Beth I work from 9am until 2am and sleep the rest of the time. It's hard to walk, walk, walk. Unless I can hook computer to treadmill and walk slowly.:)

I am thinking of just doing this the 21 days and waiting 6 weeks and doing it again. I wonder if I would get an additional 5lb lost. I wouldn't mind staying the same for 6 weeks and then losing. I think 140 or 145 would be good enough. Even if it takes a lot longer.

Yea wi 159.8. Not much but I'm below 160. I will give it until Friday and see what I am going to do. I may do the 40 days and still do it again after vacation. Five pounds is more than I would normally lose and I did get two days worth of eating.:D I still hope I can keep the weight off and I don't gain it back when I start eating 1400 calories.

Joan

:D:D:D:D:D Go Joan Go!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I took my gwf off for the weekend. No workouts Sat or Today. :confused:
Back to it tomorrow. I am looking at the South Beach diet... not doing the actual 2 week phase 1, starting with phase 2. It might be something I can do.

Magnolia... I am starting to get a bit worried... Please pop in to say you are ok. :(

We met our puppy yesterday. We can bring him home April 9.

Attachments

• pup1.jpg
    pup1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.