50 and over week of Feb 15 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Just starting the thread. I haven't done anything this weekend.

I'm still planning to try to do 2 discs tomorrow.

Joan

Where is everyone? I hope you are all having a great weekend. I couldn't get a wo in Sunday.

I've decided to start sts over again. My work won't really slow down but surely I'll be able to take an hour a day. The " I have to have my refund NOW" group is almost over.

I was getting too discouraged with my half hearted following of the rotation. I have put the complete rotation in my calendar including cardio.

Joan

Hi all - I've taken a couple of days off myself. My body is just so tired. I couldn't give it my all. :( Back on track to day. I am going to cut back on the cardio for sure.

I'll go back to the old thread and catch up! :)

Hi, Ladies!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and a wonderful Valentine's Day. Mine was very nice.

I decided to start getting up a little earlier to get a workout done before the madness begins. This will be a very busy week, and just 45 minutes earlier seemed to make a lot of difference today. I did Burn Circuit 1 with the heaviest weights I own. I need to make a trip to the local sporting goods store, I'm afraid.

Have a great afternoon!

Magnolia

Hi Ladies!

It doesn't seem like Monday here. I am worn out from last weeks routine so I just did a long walk today.

Joan- are you really starting over again? I felt that way last week because the routine with the extra cardio was wiping me out- It is some serious weight work-- but, I think they are getting even better everytime and I decided to continue going through the motions.. I did 6 and 7 Saturday (legs and then bicep chest) but had to take a nap in between-- Whatever you do-- don't give up on it

Magnolia- Sports authority is having a weight sale this weekend- I don't know if that helps- I am going to order the pace weights but have already decided that means changing from the vinyl to the iron hex weights

Jann- I hope you are recovering and getting ready to jump back in!

Haven't wo yet and will check in later with personals. I just wanted to say that I didn't have any touble using pace weights on vinyl.
Joan

Back again,

I'm not really discouraged. I just felt that without the ab work and cardio, at the end of three months how could I say it really worked like it should.
I just have to find the hour a day.

I did abs first, I know I wouldn't have followed up with them.

I kept Elliot overnight. I worked until 3am and then she woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I got an hour nap in from 6pm until 7.

Going to take shower and fall into bed.

Joan

Good morning, all!

Joan, I hope you managed to get some sleep before you had to start work yesterday.

I am also going to order the pace weights, but it'll have to be after I return from vacation. I'm just going to get by with what I have this week. I have a set of handles, though, and thought maybe I could get some more plate weights.

I have been getting up about an hour earlier to get in workouts this week. So far, so good. I am not a morning person, but maybe I need to "fake it" in order to get in a workout. Anyway, I did Basic Step today. Tomorrow is Burn Circuit 2.

Have a great day, Y'All!

Magnolia

Hi everyone,

Arms are sore from disc 1 yesterday. I got closer to the 60%. It was definitely a good call to do abs first.

I didn't weigh in until today- no change. That's good news. I haven't planned meals in a couple of weeks and was afraid of a gain.

Magnolia Good job on early wo. My bones and joints take a while to get going in the morning, 9:00 am is an early wo for me. No sleep before work yesterday but I got to bed about 10:30 last night. That's early for me.

Jann I think listening to your body is the best way to do it. I started over on sts but if I'm not through with 3rd cycle by the time you want to start I'll just stop and start over. I need having a schedule like this, so I will be doing a lot of sts. I'm really thinking of getting clx for next tax season.

I'm embarrassed to admit I couldn't pull myself all the way up with the pretend rope in the ab wo. I remember I couldn't do them 5 years ago but was able to after a short while. I didn't know I had lost that ability.

Keep reminding me that I never again want to stop for more than two weeks ( let alone two years) from lifting. If you start losing muscle after two weeks and lose all your gain after 3 months, no wonder I'm starting from scratch.

Will check in later with wo.

Joan

Good evening everyone,

I just finished Imax2. Of course it was a completely modified wo but I did raise my heart rate.

I feel so much more involved in sts now that I have something to do everyday. I hope I can keep it up.

Did you see Biggest Loser? They had something that looked good for pullups and other exercises. I'm sure they plan to sell it.

Back to work.

Joan

Good Morning, Ladies!

Joan, I'm glad you managed to get some sleep, even though you needed an earlier bedtime. I agree with you about losing muscle after two weeks of no wo's. I am certainly living proof of that! My mistake was not getting back into my workouts much sooner after I recovered from the flu last year (I had it twice). But stay determined and do your best, and I am sure you are going to see and feel the results you want.

I was up early this morning and did Burn Circuit 2. It was tougher, and I used heavier dumbbells, so I am feeling it right now.

Have a great day!

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

Magnolia- good for you for retraining your biological clock and starting early- I have read that helps to burn fat all day if you can get it done in the morning (I too, however, am not a morning person)

Joan, I didn't see the biggest loser (at least not that part) but I bought the iron gym attachment for my door for under $20 at BJ's. You can used it to hold the bands or, I have also discovered, that if you put a chair under the door and go through the motion while assisting as needed with your legs, it is actually harder that the bands and I can tell it is working. I also use it on the floor to do the pushups because I cannot do a push-up unassisted. I have hands that must be arthritic because they absolutely scream when I try. I can hold on and do the knee push ups and I can definately tell it is working.

Well, as far as diet-- I gave up this week- I am not pigging out but I am eating alot- It didn't work last week so I might as well eat

On to disc 9 tomorrow and abs as well-- have a nice night!! Beth

Good evening everyone,

Just finished disc 2. I'm feeling a lot better about wo. I need to do something everyday. Abs are very sore. I am glad I started over and incuded the ab wo.

Beth you may need to eat more with the amount of exercising you are doing.

Dh is in Florida for a couple of days for work. :cool: That doesn't seem quite fair.

I'll go to gym on Friday to make up pull ups.

Joan

Good morning. I am sorry for the mia lately. Seems my body is not healing the way it should. Went to the Dr and she burn my incision shut – thought that would work. It did not. it tore back open in one day.:( I am waiting to hear from her today on what I have to do.
Take care!

Good Morning, Ladies!

Beth, I agree with Joan--maybe you need to eat a little more since you are working out pretty hard. It's very tricky to get just the right amount of food, particularly protein if you are working with a lot of weights.

Joan, good for you! I also need to do something every day. However, I decided to take a rest day today, even though I still got up early. I'll get more serious about all of this when we get back from the trip.

Jann, I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with your recovery. I hope I don't sound overly religious, but I am praying for you. I hope that you will "turn the corner" very soon and will experience complete healing quickly. Keep fighting the good fight.

Have a great day, Y'All!

Magnolia

Hi Jann, Bev, Magnolia, Beth, and Pauline and anyone else who wants to join in.

Jann take care of yourself. I wonder if you should lift at all until it heals?
I just got back from obgyn. I made appointment for bone scan and got phone number for colonoscopy. I probably won't get that done until after tax season.

For the rest of the group I was nagged into mammagram (it was ok) and going to the doctor. Just because it had been 10 year since I had gone to doctor or had pap you would have thought I was doing something wrong.:eek:

I will check in with wo later.

Joan

Back again,

Not going to be able to do wo today. I think I will make it rest day. I should have more time on Sunday.

Joan

Joan I am so glad you are getting checked out. ((I was one of those who gently pushed Joan :p)) I have a friend who is selling her CLX - she and Charlene didn’t click. I can give her your user ID and she can PM you if you like.

Magnolia I’ll take all the prayers I can get {{Magnolia}} Thanks! My shoulders are weak too. I can’t come close to matching Charlene. :confused:

Beth – UGH UGH UGH diet!! I do really well for about 2 weeks and then boooom bad, bad, bad!! :eek: I have Cathe’s band for the door. It works pretty well.

Bev I am loving the push phase I am so sad to stop!! My body is really responding to this series of workouts. My waist is shrinking and I have Never Found Anything to do that like this. :cool: If I could eat better I would Really look like I work out. ;) I have never been on a road trip. They look like a Lot of fun!

No workout for me today. :( I am trying to get my 10,000 steps though! :D

Waving to Pauline!!

Happy Saturday ladies!
I am off to my DIL to be Bridal shower today. It should be a lot of fun. It's an alphabet theme. We were all assigned a letter. We are to bring a gift that starts with that letter. She should be receiving some creative gifts. ;)

30 minutes on the treadmill this morning for me.

Good afternoon, Ladies!

I hope you are all well. I am getting ready to leave for vacation, and thought I would just take a minute to check in.

I'm having some pain in both elbows, which began before I got CLX, and I am sure it has nothing to do with those workouts. However, I need to rest & ice them for a few days, and this trip is my opportunity. There is a gym where I am going, and I will take advantage of the treadmills I know are there.

Since it's a cruise, I'm not taking my computer. There is a computer cafe on board, but I think it's pretty expensive, so I will just check in when I get back.

Please stay well, all.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.