50 and over week of Feb 14 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Happy Valentines Day

We went to Dairy Queen for dinner. We are actually celebrating next weekend. I wanted to quickly eat out and didn't want to wait. I did get a dozen roses.

We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow. I hope it is like it's been in the past- quickly plowed off the roads.

No wo yet. I hope the work slows down soon.

Joan

Do you have a bag Jann? Or does it need one?
I do have a heavy bag. There is a 20 minute extra workout on the MMA boxing DVD using the heavy bag. You don't need one for the main workout. I really liked using the bag. I hope Cathe makes more workouts using it.

QVC has the WII system w/Jillian Michaels game. It's 330.00 I don't know if that's a good deal or not??

Jann Is it the system or just the balance board? I paid $199 for board with wii fitness plus the Jillian. I had gotten the game system for Christmas.

Last edited:
Beth I have never been able to just throw punches in the air. It hurt my joints. I mentioned it to my brother and he said we were really meant to hit something and joints would hurt less with a bag.

Jann Is it the system or just the balance board? I paid $199 for board with wii fitness plus the Jillian. I had gotten the game system for Christmas.
No board just a mat and socks.

• Wii console
  • One controller
  • One nunchuk
  • One component cable for HDTV
  • Wii Sports game
  • Wii baseball bat
  • Wii tennis racket
  • Wii golf club
  • Game blaster
  • Messenger bag
  • Cooling stand
  • Vertical remote holder
  • Fitness mat with carry bag
  • Textured foot socks
  • Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 game
  • Console measures 8-1/2"L x 6"W x 2"H
  • Textured foot socks fit men sizes 5 thru 12, women sizes 7 thru 14

hi gals, what would be a good sub for the gym styles? don't have 'em and ain't gonna get 'em. :)
gearin' up for a new week. would like to lose a couple more lbs. didn't do very well today. went out for mexican and ate waayy to many chips. but, as scarlett said, "tomorrow is another day" :)

Good morning,

I did disc 16 this morning. My lower back is still bothering me so I was glad that I only need to work my upper body.

I had a great time snow shoeing on Saturday. The Hidden Valley area had 50 inches of snow so it was really hard to get myself upright after a fall.

Jann - I waved to you when we drove by the Frederick, MD area.

Hi ladies,

Jann I don't know what the system cost. Although I thought it was only $199 w/o Jillian and socks. Maybe socks take place of board to tell when you are walking/running.

HELP I just found out this weekend that dil must go back to work in Oct. I thought she would take whole next school year off. I guess she will take maternity leave, off summer and then take family leave for 6 weeks. I really haven't been worried about exercise and weight loss because I thought I had a year and a half. With most of the time me not working so I could devote hours a day. Starting March 1(maybe I will have a little more time) I need a plan. I will have 30 weeks and I wanted to lose 37 more pounds. Although I would be happy with 30lbs. I have never lost a pound a week. Any ideas?

Hi, there!

We got back from our trip last night. Missed hearing from all of you. It was so beautiful there and about 80 degrees. We got a rude awakening when we got to NY, though. We're expecting snow here starting tonight.

Today is jet lag and grocery store day. Guess my wo for today will be Laundry Max!

Have a great afternoon, y'all.

Magnolia

Magnolia Welcome Home -- ahhh 80 degrees. I bet that warmed you all the way to your bones. I am soooo jealous.

Joan well, I passed on the system. I don't really need it... you know one of those things where it would be nice. :rolleyes: Oh -- I wish I had an answer for you Joan. I am so struggling with weight loss too!! :(

Linda -- I waved at the screen while reading your post - :D 50 inches of snow :eek::eek::eek: You could have buried yourself in that much snow!!

Cathy hmm gym styles... any of the parts series would work. What do you have?

Cardio day was suppose to be 30/30. I jumped on the treadmill for an hour instead. I've been doing house max most of the day since then.

Good morning,

I did Cathe's Low Impact Circuit - premix #1. My lower back is still bothering me and trying not to aggravate it. My energy level is really low...I wanted to stop half way through the workout but forced myself to finish. I think the weekend activities tired me out.

Well....got to do some dusting around the house.

Good morning, Y'All.

I am dealing with serious jet lag. All day yesterday, my bod thought it was 3 hours earlier than it was here. Then I got a nasty sinus headache about 9 pm, and not even extra-strength Benadryl would knock it out. I have the remnants of it right now, and I am about to take some Zyrtec. Today, I'm concentrating on re-setting my body clock--putting myself to bed at my regular hour and getting up at my usual time. I'll have to see how I feel a little later today, but I may be taking another rest day.

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, and that you each have a wonderful day today.

Magnolia

good morning!

I am sorry to hear that you guys are sick (Linda and Magnolia).....In this day of super flus, it is better to go with your body and rest!

I gained 2 pounds over the weekend:( Made a double chocolate cake for ds birthday and of course.......you know the rest)

So feeling disgusted with myself, I just did insanity pure cardio, felt like I was going to throw up,,,, am resting for a minute and now I am going to do disc 16..

I have written out my food plan for the rest of the day and week and I intend to stick with it!!! If I were a chicken or lettuce I would be hiding right now!

I am having a crazy day...

I got in disc 16 this morning - my shoulders are still burning!

I checked the rotation and I should have done the HIIT pyramid yesterday :eek: OH well -- looked at the wrong week.

BBL later to do personals. :D

Beth don't be to hard on yourself {{{Beth}}} You have to treat yourself when it comes to our kids. B-day cake is a good reason. :D I am sure it will fall right off of you. I am borrowing Insanity from a friend. I don't plan to do the system just try out of some of the workouts.

Magnolia -- ugh jet lag. It really takes time to get back on track sometimes. I go to California at least once a year and it can take a day or two. I hope your headache is getting better. :)

Linda Stretch that back out. My favorite lower back stretch is sitting with my feet together on the floor in a diamond shape (similar to the inner thigh stretch) and stretch. The further out you can put your feet the lower the stretch is for your back. :)

My day has just been so crazy. They just canceled school again for tomorrow. This will be the 11th day in a row. :confused: My youngest DS is so upset. What can they do? The roads and sidewalks are still snow covered in some places.

Have a good evening ladies!

Good morning,

Welcome back Magnolia.

I just realized I didn't post yesterday. I keep popping in to read the thread between clients during the day. It seems like the phone always rings when I am about to post.

Still no time to exercise. I did get the BBL yesterday. I'm hoping a new dvd will inspire me.:rolleyes:

Good morning,

I took a rest day today. My lower back is still bothering me, plus I have had this headache since yesterday. I took a nap yesterday to try and sleep away the headache...sometimes that works for migraines. The onset of the migraine headache explains why my energy level was so low yesterday morning.

Magnolia - hope you have recovered from the jet lag.

Jann - yes....I do a lot of stretching for my lower back. It feels so good, especially when my lower back makes that cracking sound.

Joan - let us know what you think of BBL....even if you only have time to watch segments of it.

Beth - I continue to have problems with my eating. I start out good in the morning but it seems like it goes down hill as the day progresses. Thanks goodness I exercise or I probably would have gained more than I have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.