50 and over week of December 28 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good evening Bev, Jann and Magnolia,
I'm a little early with the week. We leave at 5:00am to fly to Las Vegas.
I'll catch up with everyone when I get back next Sunday. I will be glad when we can finally settle down and exercise in January. I only hope I didn't gain everything I lost.
I finally got in 4.5 mi on treadmill. No weight lifting this week but at least I got area back in place.
Everyone have a good New Year's eve.
Joan

Have a GREAT trip Joan and Happy New Year to you also! We will be here ready to go right there with ya in January!

I jumped on the treadmill today and then followed with some free weights. The scale scared me a bit today. :( No sugar for me today!! :eek:

Wow I guess I get to talk to myself a lot this week - ;)
I did a Firm workout by Allie this morning, it was one of the pink ones Sculpt something... 45 mins 200 calories. Feels good!

Hi everyone
Hope you all had a nice Christmas! I haven't done a workout since the 19th! I think I've gained about 10 lbs. over the Holidays, 8 to be exact! And it goes on so much easier than it comes off! I get so overwhelmed with everything I need to get done and it looks like this week will be busy too, but I will make time to work out!
I'm waiting for my ChaLEAN Extreme workouts that should be here today! Maybe something new will help motivate me to get moving!
Bev

Bev I just ordered CLX too!! Want to start it together? I am not sure when I might get mine though. :confused:
It does go on sooo much easier than it comes off! I weighed in this morning. I gain about 4.5 so far - the week is not over - :eek:

Hi, Jann & Bev,

I'm visiting home. When we come here, we usually stay in a nice hotel, as my son & daughter-in-law don't have a very large house & she works two jobs. We just got here, and I checked out the fitness center here in the hotel--it's awesome! They have treadmills, free weights, stability balls & anything else you can think of! I brought an iPod full of walking music, so I am looking forward to hitting the treadmill tomorrow. I think I maybe hit bottom last week. I have not weighed, but I felt like I had OD'd on food. I have been careful since then. I don't really expect to lose much this week, but I am trying to keep from gaining more and I need to this old bod back into the habit of working out.

I also have internet access here, so I plan to check in this week.

Magnolia

Good morning! My CLX shipped should be here Monday!
Magnolia how’s the hotel fitness room working for ya? What kind of music do you like on your ipod?
Joan I hope you are enjoying your get-away!
30 minutes on the treadmill for me today. :)

Happy & Healthy New Year to you, Jann, Bev & Joan! This is in case I don't have a chance to check in tomorrow.

Jann, I walked 2 1/2 miles on one of the treadmills yesterday in the hotel fitness center, followed by Basic Stretching on the Total Body Stretching DVD. It was nice to move. Actually, I just love music. My iPod has classic rock & roll, country, Dean Martin & Perry Como, and classical music. However, yesterday I used a power walk mix I purchased as a download. I'm anxiously waiting for Cathe's iPod workouts. It would be great to have them when we are traveling.

Today looks kind of busy, so I am not sure I'll have time for the fitness center, but I'll probably try to squeeze in something later. Have a great New Year's!

Magnolia

Jann, Magnolia and Joan, hope you all had a great New Years Eve! I'm glad to see you have continued to exercise during the holiday's. So in a few days life gets back to 'normal' for me, like my life is ever normal! Hopefully I can quit eating all the junk and get back to working out! I still haven't done a workout since the 19th of December and now I'm really afraid to step on the scale!
I got my CLX on Tues and have watched the first DVD (Burn basics & healthy eats) and the 2 cardio and am now listening to the audio CD. The whole program reminds me of 90X--only shorter workouts. I've kind of looked through the food plan and the workout book. Jann, are you planning to do the food plan? Also, are you doing the workout plan as is? I always think Beach Body does not have enough cardio, but maybe I should try it as is?? Let me know when you want to start and I'll be ready (I hope)!!! It doesn't matter to me what day of the week we start. There are 2 rest days per week. At least the workouts are short, so they are a little easier to squeeze in on busy days. I'm excited to have someone to do this with!!
Bev

Hi Bev, Magnolia and Joan!
Yesterday I squeezed in Body Sculpt fusion. Today I am going to try to get in some type of good step workout. Maybe LIC since that is my favorite!
Magnolia I love listening to music when I walk! I tend to go towards a lot of Cher, Shania, Bon jovi, Beatles, just about anything with a beat! LOL I bought a cardio mix from Costco a while back. My DS borrowed it and I have not seen it in a while. :confused: I never got to load it on my MP3 player. I have not bought an iPod yet I am waiting to see what Cathe puts out for them first.
Bev The holidays are tough on the ol’body – huh? ;) Yes, I am excited about getting into a real rotation. I think I mentioned I go back to the doctor on Tuesday I am hoping she says I can start lifting a bit heavier. I still have a one inch deep hole in my tummy which I was hoping would be closed by now. (It’s been 3 months since surgery) so she may make me wait until it is completely closed.:( I am so ready!!

Have a great day!! :D

I hope each of you had a great New Years. I got sick! Wed. afternoon, I just couldn't seem to get warm enough, but felt fine otherwise. Then about 1 am, I got really sick. I was in the bed all day yesterday. Okay today, though. Thankful to be up and around. I missed the treadmill today, but maybe tomorrow, I'll feel strong enough. If not, I'll just wait it out.

Jann, I love the Beatles! They take up four play lists on my iPod! Then there's also Eric Clapton. I'm convinced that MP3 players are a great investment, especially if you want your own workout music when you are traveling. Most hotels & cruise ships offer fitness centers.

Please stay well, everyone!

Magnolia

Bad day all around today. :confused: No workout. I hurt myself somehow trying to move some things around. My stupid stomach has been bleeding more than it should (sorry if that's tmi :() Will be taking an easy for a bit.
:mad: I so want to get back to being me!

Rant over -

I hope the rest of ya's are getting back on track. Have a great day girls.:) Magnolia I am glad your sickness was short. Joan hope to "see" you soon! Bev I keep checking out how everyone is using their CLX - can't wait to get it to check it for myself. I'll let you know ASAP!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.