50 and over week of December 21 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning Jann, Bev, and Magnolia,
No workouts yet. The party was great and I have family coming over today to eat the leftovers. I hope they eat them all or I have willpower to send it all home with them.
Jann I just saw a picture of your exercise room. Now I really appreciate how
much missing wo meant to you.
I'll check in later,
Joan

Good evening everyone,
It only took all day but I finally put treadmill back in place after party and got my 4 miles finished. Another 20 miles and I may burn off all the extra calories I ate this weekend.:eek:
The family took away most of the leftovers, so Monday is another chance to start over.
Joan

Thanks Joan - I love my workout space!!:D Glad your party was a success! I have my Christmas party tomorrow night at our house. So much food. I will do the same as you, sending it home with the kids.

Today was 30 minutes on the treadmill... it sure is busy, busy, busy these days! Moved my DS home yesterday from college. So now I can get back to Christmas.

Good morning!!!
I almost did all the Time Saver's last week, all but the legs (my favorite). And I was also looking forward to doing LIC Total Body Sculpt premix, but I haven't done anything since Friday, and Tues, Wed and Thurs this week look really busy. I hate having a whole week off!
Jann, where can I see a pic of your workout room? (I love mine, too.)
Joan, I guess 100 posts makes you a Catheite? Congrats! I have a long way to go!
I ordered ChaLEAN Extreme--should be here by Dec 29. I think I'll start it then and do it before STS--for a while anyway. I have a real hard time sticking to any beach body program for very long and I always have to add in some Cathe cardio anyway.
Have a great day!
Bev

Morning!! It’s Christmas eve eve – I have my family over tonight! No workout busy in the kitchen!

Bev its in OD http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255900 Post a picture of your space. I love seeing other peoples workout spaces. :)
YOU are getting ChaLEAN???:cool: I can’t wait to hear what you think. I have been looking and reading about it and forcing myself to wait for reviews. I like the fact that they are short and to the point. I tried P90X I just didn’t like Tony. Something about him didn’t agree with me. I do have a couple of Turbo Jams and like them thrown in on occasion. Can’t wait to hear. :cool::cool::cool:
Joan LOL just chatting away here. ;) I can tell from your results checking in is helping so chat away my friend! :D I love checking in too!

Good morning, Bev, Jann & Joan, and Happy Christmas week! It has been a little frustrating not having any time to get in a workout this week, and I also hate to take a week off. It's even tough to walk the parking lots, because there was a big snow storm here on Friday and it has been bitterly cold (not to mention slippery) since then. I'm hoping housework counts for something. My husband asked for gift suggestions, so I told him I wanted the Timesaver DVD.

My in-laws will come over Christmas afternoon for dinner and they'll stay through brunch on Friday. Then over the weekend, we will leave for home to see my grandson and daughter-in-law (my son is in Iraq). I'm a displaced southerner, but now live in the northeast because of my husband's job. Anyway, I hope you each have a wonderful Holiday.

Magnolia

Jann, I love, love, love your workout room! Especially the mirrors! I have 3 'full length' cheapies spaced apart a little. What kind of flooring do you have? I am looking for something better than my puzzle mats (over carpet) with my heaviest weights on one side so they don't move so much! Also what did you use to hang your bands and stuff on the wall? I have everything on the floor in a mess!!
I'm not sure I can post a pic, I've never tried it! It probably won't be until after Christmas.

Magnolia - It is frustrating when our lives get in our way of working out! New year is coming and hopefully we can all get back on track. Hang in there! Iraq [[hugs]] I will pray for him.
Bev - Thanks! :D The flooring is a foam that is used on cheerleader spring boards. It’s really good for impact moves! My knees have been so much happier! I use to have puzzle mats also. I like this foam so much better. I got the wall pieces from the container store – they have everything you need to organize just about anything. Let me know if you would like some help posting a picture. I think I have it down, now. :confused:

Back to chopping!

Good morning Jann, Bev and Magnolia,
I hope everyone has a great Christmas. I will have everyone over Christmas eve and again on Christmas. Since my brother's family drives in Christmas day , they will stay with me until Saturday. More food.
Official weigh in- I stayed the same at 167.5. I was so thankful. I ended up with 4 days of eating.
I got another 4 miles on treadmill for Monday.
I will be going on vacation from Sunday Dec 28 until Sunday Jan 4. You won't hear from me during that time. I'm hoping sts will be waiting for me when I get back. I'm sure I will need it.
I would like to hear about the ChaLEAN also. Shorter wo would be good when I babysit. I will start on sts as soon as I get it but in May I will have Elliot again. After Jan 9 I will not be babysitting, but "tax season" will have started.
Magnolia I'm sorry you won't see son over Christmas, but I bet you can't wait to see grandson. You didn't buy any presents did you?
I'll check in again when I decide what to do today. Maybe more treadmill.
Joan

Good evening,
I still haven't got my weights back out so did 4.25miles on treadmill.
I don't have to babysit tomorrow but still need to grocery shop and get last Christmas presents.
My brother just called and they are bringing my nephew's girlfriend with them.
They knew that was fine with me but now they say she is a vegetarian. Ham and turkey are on the menu.
Joan

Merry Christmas Jann, Magnolia and Bev,
No wo Wed or Thur. but cooking for the week is done, now it's all leftovers. Hopefully they won't look as good tomorrow. I am definitely going to walk on treadmill tomorrow but would also like a full body Cathe dvd wo. With a house full of company it may be hard to work in the schedule.
DH gave me a flat/incline bench (besides the pace weights and weighted vest). Sts I am ready.:D Before I used my step, but it was really too short.
We also got a new camera and if I can figure it out I will post my picture and picture of my workout area. This may take a while.:eek:
I called my ds in Portland, Or and they have had 12 inches of snow. Of course they can't handle it so the city shuts down. Instead of going to his friends house for Christmas, he walked to the 7-11 and got the last frozen pizza.:(
Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Joan

Merry Christmas!

The food just keeps on coming. :eek: I plan to workout some time today.
Looking forward to pictures Joan. Sounds like a real nice fitness Christmas for you! :D Portland 12 inches of snow! :confused:

Have a great day girls!

I have been getting my 10,000+ steps in that's about it. Yesterday I jumped on the treadmill for a hour to get them all in. Today I am going out shopping so that makes it a bit easier to get them in. :D
Take care all!

Good morning, Jann, Joan and Bev. Belated Merry Christmas. Mine's not over. My in-laws came to our house for Christmas dinner and stayed over and my husband's uncle joined us yesterday for brunch. So we threw in some of the leftovers from dinner the day before in slightly creative ways. I insisted that everyone take home "doggie bags," and they did.

I hated to have no time to work out, but when we visit the kids at home, I usually walk a lot. We treat ourselves to a stay in a nice hotel, which usually has a gym, and I try to get a little workout every day. Hope that works this year!

Have a great weekend.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.