50 and over week of August 15 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

At least for the next few minutes. I'm getting a late start.

I need to get a lot of work done today. My office is a mess. If nothing else I want to get in the treadmill today. It will only be in the low 90's .

We babysit again tonight.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

DH and I gave the front porch a good cleaning today. That was quite a workout in itself. It looks much nicer out there, anyway. I'm sitting here enjoying it, and I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off. There must be a good movie on somewhere!

I think I am going to have to go with the shortest possible workouts for a while, so I think I am going to make my own rotations for now. I am doing fairly well on my diet. I weighed this past Monday and had lost 7 lbs., don't know how it will be when I weigh tomorrow, though.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Good Morning, Y'All!

I did HiiT 30/30 this morning. I have to modify or substitute for a few of the moves, but it surprises me that it is only a few. It's nice to have a workout that pushes you so hard in so short a time.

Got lots to do today.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia I meant to ask if weight loss is a first week extra water loss plus some fat or is this a normal week?

I have been reading Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle again. He is big on setting goals. I'm trying to decide on what a daily wo goal should be. Until it gets fall I just don't feel like doing much. I want it to be enough that I will do every day but not so much I won't and just give up.

Official weigh in 168.4lb. I knew I would be up after eating out Saturday. I hope it is temporary. I think I did better eating on my own than with nutrisystem.

Joan

Joan, on the South Beach Diet, the first two weeks are the strict part of the diet, during which you don't eat cereals, breads, fruit, etc. The first time I did this diet, I lost an average of 1 lb. a day. I'm sure a lot of it is water weight loss, but the point of that part of the diet is to get control over carb & sugar cravings. After the first two weeks, you add back cereals & breads plus fruits gradually. The weight loss slows down, but it does continue. The first two weeks are the most difficult, but it's not so bad after that, and you are eating a good balance of lean protein, vegetables, fruits and moderate starches. The food is wonderful, and if you like to cook, it's great. You even have dessert. I did not lose any weight last week, but at least I know why, so I can hopefully eliminate the problem. I have one friend who went on this diet because his cholesterol was really bad, and it dropped to within a normal range.

I looked at an ad for that book you mention, and it sounded good to me, but I have a lot of carb cravings, so I thought I would be better off doing this diet.

Have a great evening.

Magnolia

I was just going through Cathe dvd's trying to find something and decided to do cross train xpress. I did Power Circuit which was cardio, legs, back and abs. Tomorrow is ticeps. You can do it with the cardio or just the one body part a day. You're working out 6 days a week but if I just do treadmill, then weights are only 10-15 minutes extra.

If I didn't have the old catalog that explains the wo I would never have tried. This will be great during tax season. I surely can find 15 minutes a day to lift.

Joan

Can you hear me screaming? I am so mad at myself. I used weights I could lift last year with STS and now my shoulder and elbow joints are extremely sore in my right arm. I should have know better. I know I won't be able to lift anything today. I don't even think I could pick up Luke.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Wow, Joan! I'm so sorry you are hurting! The same thing has been happening to me. I'll use weights I know I could lift a year or so ago, and it just about kills me! :eek: I hope you're feeling better soon.

This morning, I decided on a change of pace, so I did an old Firm--Better Body & Buns. I remember I used to snap right through that one, no problem. I had to stop to get my breath several times today, and I had to use light to moderate weights, but I did it all! I think it made me more determined to get back into shape.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

sorry to be awol again, getting g/kids later and tomorrow, so won't be around tomorrow either.

anyway, w/outs so far.
sat == the firm's new calorie explosion. VERY HARD! i think alot like cathe
sun- tracie long's "finding your core"
mon- calorie explosion again. love it.
tues- tracie's "core strength"
tomorrow , wed, - riding , playing outside w/g/kids.

so, hope to catch up w/everyone later in the week.

Good morning,

Cathy you always sound so busy I can't believe you even need to exercise. I love my grandkids but I'm glad I'm getting a little break right now. I still see them a couple of times a week.

Magnolia somehow we need to figure out a way to never take more than 2 weeks off from lifting or working out. Do you think you can stay on the South Beach type eating for life just adding a few calories at maintenance? I think I'm more worried about maintenance. I don't know why I have not made it to goal weight in 30 years. Of course I haven't kept maintenance at the higher than goal weight either.

Kathryn from the boards helped me plan the cross train xpress. She suggested back, off, chest, legs, shoulder, biceps, triceps, off. That was just what I needed since I didn't do anything but treadmill yesterday. My brother explained why my shoulder hurt from one armed rows. He said if you didn't do them perfectly you used more your shoulder instead of back. He said I should do my modified pull ups and not move my arms just use my back. I may have him watch me while I do it when shoulder is better.

Joan

Warning- complaint again.:D

Elliot is now going to preschool at the same special ed and preschool bldg where her mother works. It is 1/2 hour away from me but it will be convenient for dil when she goes to work in Oct. Come Oct I will have to put baby in the car and drive a half hour to pick Elliot up every Tues and Thur. Tomorrow will be the 2nd day of preschool. Dil called to see if I could pick up Elliot tomorrow because if Luke is sleeping she would have to wake him up.:confused:

I know no one can take advantage of you unless you let them. It is not a problem of time and I don't mind doing it. I guess my only problem is the non recognition of the extra work I have to do to save her work. Last week she asked me to babysit Elliot because she,dil needed a break. ( I babysat 2 other times that week) Between Oct-Dec I will not have a day off unless school is out. Once I put both car seats in I am limited to where I can take my mother because I can't put wheelchair in the car. Dil doesn't think that is a sacrifice on my mother's part. Or at least doesn't think about it at all. The preschool is 15 minutes from them and 1/2 hour from me. I told her I couldn't babysit for her hair appt in Sept because I had the last plastic surgeon appt. She said well it's not for a treatment is it. I got the impression I was supposed to reschedule the doctor. I didn't.

It's a good thing I have the forums. I write it all down and then can let it go.

Joan

Good evening, Y'All!

Well, have not worked out officially today or yesterday. I was a little under the weather yesterday, and today I had some housework to finish and getting ready to go to my mother's family's reunion this weekend. They're country folks in Ga., so there'll be a lot of great food there. Just have to be careful of portion control, I think.

Joan, I can't offer you any advice on your situation, but at least you can vent here. Maybe that helps. Hopefully, you'll be able to work something out between the two of you.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Magnolia.

Magnolia, Don't worry about me. Just posting gets it off my chest and I don't have to complain to dh. Dil called at 10:30 and said Luke had woke up and she picked up Elliot.

I did get Step & intervals in today. This one is with chest wo. I gave rest 2 days to make sure. Shoulder is still sore but I think it will be ok.

For the last 3 days Nutrisystem has been about 1450 calories. That is what I need to lose a pound per week but I think I liked alternating between low and high.

Joan

It seems silly but it makes me happy to be able to print calendar in wo manager. I don't know why that makes it more likely I will exercise but it does. I guess I will get the gold stars to put on it next.:D

Yesterday was supposed to be leaner legs but morning was spent with ds. I had to drive him to vasectomy. Last night we went to hospital to see niece who just had baby boy.

I may combine shoulders, biceps and triceps tomorrow but we will see.

Joan

i know exactly what ya mean, joan. i keep my calendar of all my workouts and i put them in the w/o manager too. but, you can print the calendar!!!!??? i didn't know that. how do you do it? i am very anal about some stuff and i have the last 3 yrs of cathe calendars all together to look back at my w/outs. and, i think you should get some gold stars. :) you deserve it.

well, it is good to be able to sit down and have time to post. been a very busy week. and i worked 5 hrs. at the clinic yesterday and did allie's maximum calorie burn.
according to my pedometer i logged 24,000 steps at work & 8 miles. no wondr i was tired.

and , for whoever asked, i had fun w/the grands. nicola (5 yr old g/daughter) and i rode for awhile in the morning and owen (3 yr. old grandson) and papa had their day of haircut, park and dairy queen. LOL! owen loves his day with papa. then we napped & played in the big water trough, and then we took them home that evening. and now, i am working the rest of the weekend and monday afternoon. so, i am gonna take a nap in a bit. i am wore out.

joan, i have always wanted to do cross train ex, but never have. it looks like fun.

magnolia, i don't remember better body & buns. don't think i have it. who did it? well, maybe i do, is it tracie?

Cathy Look under the calendar and it is a button to press print calendar.

This is their "new" feature. I used to be able to print it until the last time they improved website. I like to write in possible wo and at end of month log them all so it accumulates miles gone. I know I could use regular calendar but I like this one.

yeah, i just saw it, joan. WAYYY COOL! i love it. just printed mine. we can be goobers together. send me some of your gold stars. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.