50 and over week of Aug 8 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
I had planned to start thread last night. Then I posted on old thread and didn't start one. I don't know where my brain is.

I'm eating a lot less calories on Nutrisystem but I'm also not moving as much. I'm feeling more energetic today. I want to get something in as wo.

BBL

Joan

probably the same place my head is , joan, never-never land.:)

yesterday ii did fat blaster & tracie's new power up. today is rest. well, g/kids were here, so not sure about "rest", but no workout anyway. possibly swimming in the afternoon.

well, i am exhausted, tried to take a nap after chruch, but that didn't work & then had a headache and took kids swimming this afternoon. DH is now taking them to DQ and mom & dad are picking them up. i am sitting in a dark room vegging. don't think a workout is gonna happen today.

Good morning,

Cathy Hope it is just a headache and not a migraine.

Official weigh in 166.6lb. I lost 2.2lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea:D

With the Nutrisystem I have averaged about 1200 calories a day. I am just doing the treadmill until I figure out what else to eat with nutrisystem if I am more active.

Jann Weren't we supposed to get some free downloads when we ordered the nutrition plan? I know we were supposed to get the workout blender but that is going to be free.

Hi to Beth and Magnolia.

Joan

I will take out a couple of exclamation points from the last post. I can't add or subtract early in the morning. I lost 1.6lb. I'm still happy.

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, congrats on the weight loss. Good for you! Just keep doing what you need to do, and you'll have success.

Cathy, I also hope that wasn't a migraine. Have you had migraine headaches before? I hate headaches. I don't have them as much as I did, but I still have too many of them. Luckily, they are more annoying than anything else.

DH and I have been on phase one of the South Beach Diet for the past two weeks. Today, we got to move on to phase two. We are both doing pretty well on it. The food is actually very good. You have to really like to cook, and each of us does, so not much of a problem. They have a new cookbook out, and it has super-quick and easy recipes (except the last chapter, which has make-ahead things, but they're not too difficult.)

No organized workout today--shopping & housework.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Good morning, Y'All!

Just did the lower & upper body only premix from High Step Training. I have very low energy today. I think that comes from getting just a little less sleep the past three nights than I need. I was going to add a core workout to this premix, because it is short, but I just don't have it today.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Magnolia

Good morning,

I wish I could get diet and exercise going at the same time. I just don't have any great desire to wo and I don't know why. I did do 15-20 min of Imax because it was on tv. Got to love those commercials.:eek:

I also did a walk on the treadmill for 1/2 hour. I've told myself I have to at least do that every day. It's not much but better than nothing.

Joan

Right now it is 102 degrees in the pool area where my treadmill is located. I wonder if it will cool off later?

I did do a couple of laps through the grocery store before I started shopping.

Long story coming up warning.

My brother entered the Marines with his best friend from High School. They were together in Vietnam and both got out alive. My brother was interviewed by someone from the Smithsonian because he was one of three people who had survived all three of the worst battles of the war.
Nothing thing to do with this story and the friend was in a different unit but that tells you something of the bond they have. After coming back from the war this friend drank but still could work. My brother let him sleep on their couch until he came in drunk. My brother wouldn't let him be around his kids. He did let him stay in his shed.

This friend moved to Indiana and for the last 17 years has been sober and worked at a machine shop. He lived in a rented home that was recently sold. He and his girlfriend (together the same 17 years and has kept him sober) have been living in a $40 a night motel and had been able to pay for two more nights. They needed $600 to get an efficiency appt. Probably first and last month rent. He called my brother today and asked for help. And then I get the call.

Here's the question. I sent the money and really almost believe they will pay me back. Why don't I feel better about keeping someone from being homeless? Earlier this week I sent $1000 to this same brother to pay his homeowner's and car ins that came due in the same month. This brother retired from the post office and is getting 80% of his former pay. But he still has two kids in college. And I know he had to empty his savings to pay the college bill for this year.

My husband and I will not have any pension except what we have saved and social security. I guess my problem is I know I have done a good job of saving but who knows how much is enough. Dh and I have good jobs and a good income now but that ends when we retire. I feel like my whole family uses me as their emergency bailout fund.

I almost feel better about helping the friend because I will make a difference in their lives rather than my own brothers.

Thanks for listening.

Joan

Dear Joan, What a caring, giving person you are. God Bless You.
Sometimes it comes to a point where you do have to stand back and really look at what you are doing for these people (family or friends) . If you are feeling used then you need to talk to them. Explain to them what you expect in return. You have to look out for yourself no one else will. I have found that out to be true. It sounds like you don't mind being there when needed and gladly give of yourself, just not over used. I hope you find an answer. {{{{{Joan}}}}}

Good afternoon, Y'All.

Joan, God will bless you for your kindness and generosity. My husband and I have been in somewhat the same spot. There is, however, a limit to what you can do, especially in this economy. Perhaps there is a gentle way you can let them know that you aren't made of money. I think the fact that you helped the friend and kept them from being homeless says a lot about you, and you should be glad you did that.

Have a great evening, my friends!

Magnolia

hello all, whew! busy week. had a presentation at a private school on tuesday and today spent the day in austin at a training seminar. worked on monday, and g/kids were here yesterday before i left for austin yesterday. i spent the nite w/ a friend in austin last nite. i am so tired. so, did not workout tues. or today, but i am just too tired. tomorrow i gotta hit it hard and heavy.

magnolia, oh yeah, i 've had migraines for the last 8 yrs. but, haven't had one in quite a while. thank the Lord. it has been such a long week, i dont' even remember posting that. LOL!, but, it wasnt' a migraine, just from the heat i think. it's been unbearably hot here the last 2 weeks. and, have been outside alot.

Hi, Y'All!

Cathy, I think I might have had a couple of heat-related headaches when we were melting in those triple-digit temps, but I usually get migraines when I am having a severe allergic reaction to something. The last one was about two years ago. We just never forget because they are so bad!

I pre-ordered the new workouts yesterday. I read that the backdrop she is using is scenery of Hawaii. They'll be gorgeous!

I am doing Housework Max again today. Just too much to do around here right now!

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

I'll be ordering the new wo too. I don't know why but I will probably wait until they mention the price increase. I like the current background but Hawaii would be nice to see in the winter.

It has still been record hot here. Over a hundred or at least high 90's most days.

I haven't taken mother out since it has been so darn hot. I don't know if she can make it up the stairs or not. I was planning to do followup mammogram and doctor's appt in Sept when it was a little cooler. She just told me she feels some lumps so we will have to do it sooner. I think it is just scar tissue but she is just now feeling it.

Joan

HOWDY! just finished alison's (the firm) new workout. calorie explosion! i love it. it is definitely one of the hardest they have ever done. i think it is harder than super cardio, for ya'll that are familiar w/the firm.
is everyone having a nice weekend? think i am going to go swim w/grandkids this afternoon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.