50 and over week of April 5

JoanC

Cathlete
Good Afternoon Shelley, Norma, Gracie, ShoeGoddess (love the name), Debbie, Beth, Magnolia and Jann

Jann I hope the wedding was wonderful.

Jann, Beth and Magnolia there are a lot of new messages in the social group area. I hadn't checked there in a long time. I hope everyone joins us here.

Back later,

Joan

Good Morning all,

Back to "official weigh in" 167lbs. I'm thankful it's only up 3 lbs.for the month or month and a half. I have done Cathe dvd or treadmill for the last 5 days. I would have expected a loss except for the crazed Easter candy eating frenzy yesterday.:eek:

I have stayed the same for the last couple of weeks and seeing the small calorie burn when I am not exercising I am happy with that.

I'm still busy but I can see the end now.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Ah, yes, the Easter candy menace is lurking! It's just my DH and me here. Except for my in-laws, the rest of my family is in GA and SC. I send goodies to my son & his family, but I also make a small basket for DH & me. We ration it out, knowing there won't be more candy when it's gone (at least until Christmas, anyway).

Jann, how was the wedding? Beautiful, I imagine.

I hope you're all fine.

I am only doing some cardio and stretching this week--next week Push Phase starts. For us, this week leading up to Easter is at least as busy as Christmas--for church singers it's a marathon.

Have a great afternoon!

Magnolia

Good Morning,

I called doctor for results of my bone density test. I have osteopoena (sp) which is the start of osteoporosis. I can't believe no one was going to notify me. I had almost forgotten about it. I think my cat's vet does a better job. The receptionist always calls in a few days to see if the cat is better.

I signed up for my medical records online and found that the last blood test showed I was low in vit D. No one mentioned that. They just gave me my cholesterol and blood pressure #'s which were all good. They did not show bone density test online. I guess I had better be more active in taking care of myself.

No major wo yet but I have at least gotten a half hour everyday since last Wed.:D

Hope everyone is well.

Joan

HI all!
Joan do you have to take anything for the osteopoena? I know doctors! No followup. My DH is going through that with his latest blood work. How's your monitor working for ya?

Magnolia Sounds like a very busy week! I can't wait to hear what you think of Push.

THE WEDDING WAS PERFECT! Oh my gosh! I did not want it to end. From the rehearsal dinner through the reception just perfect. About mid-way through the reception my new dil's Mom came over and gave me a big hug and said "we pulled it off" Yep... it was great. I'll have pictures. Beth looked like she could have modeled for a cake topper - just beautiful. My son looked pretty darn good too! :D

I have not worked out since sometime last week. I am still running around taking things back, putting things away, had my new gardens put in on Monday etc. etc. etc. :D

Good Morning All,

Jann, I'm supposed to take 500 mg calcium/Vit D twice a day. and have another bone density test in two years. I know weight bearing exercise helps also. I quess I have another reason to get back to lifting.

I don't wear monitor all the time. I'm like the princess and the pea.:rolleyes: I can't even wear a wedding ring or watch or other jewelry. I feel every pressure. It's not really annoying I just am always aware of it. I'm not going to wear it until I have the time to wo. It seems amazingly accurate.

I wonder how many other people who write in on the open forum and ask about weight loss realize how sedentary they are without their wo. Everyone seems to want to use their daily calories to be the amount off the calculator plus their wo calories. If you put in that you are moderately active it already includes the wo. I knew better than that but I really didn't know how few calories I really burned in 24 hours. I actually burn more calories sleeping than sitting at my desk.

Back to work.

Joan

Where is everyone?

I know I have been absent a lot lately too. One good thing is I am looking forward to exercising.

I just read a thread in the open discussion about someone buying a two piece swimsuit and getting to their driver's license weight. So I wondered how many of us weigh what it says on our driver's license?

Just a hint I would love to weigh what my driver's license says.:eek:

Back to work.

Joan

Hello!!

I have had company this week and my son's last week of high school tennis. It has been crazy!! Jann I am glad the wedding went off well. I thought about you. Mr friends are from DC and they said the weather has been cold, but I'm sure that didn't effect the mood.

Joan, I can't even remember what I weighed when I got my license- it has to be less than now, although I weighed ten pounds less in the doctor's office than on my home scale. That was encouraging!!!

I start meso 3 next week and I cannot wait!!! It really is a fun program!

Tomorrow- I think I will walk-- have a great evening! Beth

Hi -
I have not worked out for a week now. I can not believe how busy I am. I just finished getting everything back in boxes, things washed and put away. I have been working outside for a couple of hours every afternoon also. The days are flying.
I hope to get a rotation put together and start it tomorrow.

Beth I can not believe you are starting meso 3 already! Are you seeing any strength gains?

Joan I still plan to start STS on May 3. I am going to do the 3 month rotation. I won’t be doing the cardio Cathe has supplied I like having choices. ;)

I just looked at my license I remember changing the weight when I renewed. So I am close to what it says. :confused:

Happy Good Friday,

Jann I am scheduling sts 3 month today to start May 3. That will work perfectly. I will be on vacation April 21-28. Please nag and nag and nag and nag and nag if I don't keep up. I plan to do sts, abs and cardio and log in calories.:D I probably will substitute cardio also.

Beth Yea for 10 lbs. :D:D I hope I can follow sts as well as you have.

Magnoli I know you're busy. Have a great Easter.

Joan

Good evening all,

I just finished making deviled eggs, potato salad , cole slaw and baked beans to go with the ham tomorrow. Is is any wonder I'm overweight? But it tastes so good.

I'm only finishing a couple of returns a day. I still have 12 to complete because more people dropped off returns. Sunday evening I may print up extensions.

Happy Easter,

Joan

Jann I am scheduling sts 3 month today to start May 3. That will work perfectly. I will be on vacation April 21-28. Please nag and nag and nag and nag and nag if I don't keep up. I plan to do sts, abs and cardio and log in calories.:D I probably will substitute cardio also.
Joan
Oh I can be a nag --- just ask the husband - ;)
I must be crazy! :p I ordered the GWF -- So we can log together!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.