50 and over week of April 4 check in

Happy Easter everyone.

I'll be off the boards for a while. My b-mom passed away yesterday after a long struggle of being sick.

Take care.

hope all had a blessed Easter.
did gym style ch & tri's. only GS i have. liked it. got it on a download for $8. if i could get he others for that i'll get them.

hey, where is everyone??? what does jann mean, her b-mom. does anyone know?
well, i managed to eek out advanced cardio blast this afternoon, but it was hard. really tired today, and now i have a headache. tomorrow is a cardio & sculpt(allie's aerobic body shaping) and rest on wed. the rotation i'm doing has us on a 6 straight days of workouts and then a day off. not sure if i can keep that up all month. may have to have 2 days off a week.

Good evening all,

Jann so sorry to hear about your birth mother.

I don't think work will slow down before April 15th. We will be leaving for vacation Tues April 20th and back late Wed April 28th. I will need everyone's help in getting back into the wo mode. At least I will have the time to check in faithfully.

Too tired to stay up and work so I think I'll go to bed.

Joan

Good morning, everyone!

Sorry to have been absent the past couple of days, but Easter Sunday is always really busy for us, and I must have eaten something at Easter dinner that just didn't agree with me. Was up most of Sunday night. I am all better today and, in fact, just finished FitPrime Metaboost. My appetite has diminished, though, so I think I'll just go with it.

Jann, I am very sorry to hear about your B-Mom. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Joan, it won't be that long now, this will just make you appreciate your workouts more. It has affected me that way.

Cathy, hope your Easter was wonderful. What rotation are you doing? Sounds interesting.

Hi, Beth & Linda. Hope you are well.

There's wonderful news about DIL! The experimental treatment they have given her seems to have worked. The last news we had last week was that her tumor had shrunk perhaps as much as 6 centimeters. Now they are saying that it continues to shrink. They will wait until it reaches a certain size, and if it is positioned correctly, they will remove it. Thanks for all your prayers, but please keep them coming--we are far from out of the woods yet.

Hope you all have a great day.

Magnolia

Good afternoon,

I have decided to do Cathe's April 2010 rotation. Today I did STS Disc 25, Chest & Back and Ab Circuit - Pilates based. I will need to rearrange the workouts based on my schedule. Glad that I will be using the Meso 3 DVDs in this rotation since I usually stop the STS rotation after Meso 2.

Jann - sorry to hear about your b-mom.

Magnolia - great news about your dil.

Joan - Bet you will be glad when the tax season is over.

Everyone else....Hello!

Hi Everyone!

We are getting ready for a trial so its been work work work and no w/o!!!

Jann- I am sorry to hear about your b-mom (birthmom?)

Magnolia- I ate something over Easter too that set me back!

Linda- I am doing (or was until work hit) meso 3 too! Don't you like it? THose heavy weights make my muscles sing!!

Cathy- where you been?

Joan- I KNOW where you 've been!!! It's almost over!!:):)

Thanks everyone. Yes my b-mom is my biological mother. She gets buried today. I hope to start working out again tomorrow. I need to get back to normal.

Magnolia I am so happy to hear things are going better for your DIL.
Hi to Beth, Joan, Cathy, and Linda!

hey jann, you're adopted? that is so cool. did you get to know your b-mom well? i work at our Crises Pregnancy Center and deal w/young pregnant girls. we are always overjoyed when one chooses to parent or place for adoption rather than abort their child. mainly what i do is council with the ladies that have endured abortion in their past and are now trying to deal with the decision they made. that was a brave and wise decision your mother made. and, i'm sure very hard.

magnolia, i am doing the firm's rotation for the year. they are doing a periodization rotation throughout 2010. i really like it. the first 3 months were not so hard. the focus was cardio this month is tough, it is a 6 straight day w/only 1 day of rest. the focus is weights this month, so pretty tough. but i'm gonna try and stick it out. yesterday i did the firm's aerobic body shaping, and i did do advance cardio blast on monday. i am resting today, thank the Lord. i'm wore out. then, the kids came over yesterday and i logged 8 m. on my pedometer at the end of the day. i'm kinda tired today. :)

Hi, Everyone.

Cathy, I saw that rotation on The Firm's website. Looks interesting and tough. I imagine I would get really worn out by that one, especially right now while I don't seem to have a lot of endurance. Have fun with it. How blessed you are to have your grandchildren close enough that you can have them with you regularly.

I am really wiped out today. Not sure why, but I think I'll be going to bed earlier tonight.

Hope you all have a pleasant evening.

Magnolia

Good evening,

I did STS Disc 26 - Plyo Legs and Ab Circuits Stability Ball. I do like lifting the heavy weights, but I'm not a fan of the plyo legs....all that jumping. I needed to modify the jumps to preserve the knees. But I had a great workout and burned a decent amount of calories. If I had a squat rack I would like to go heavier with the weights....maybe later.

Cathy - glad you're enjoying the Firm 2010 rotation. It's nice to have something like that to motivate you to exercise, although it seems the grandkids keep you running around.

Magnolia - It's good you're listening to your body. Hope you get a good nights sleep.

I had a horrible night of sleep last night. I think I made at least 10 trips to the bathroom and tossed and turn until around 2:00 am. The animals were restless (probably because of me) so the dog wolfed every now and then and the youngest cat was making lots of mischief making sounds downstairs. Hope tonight will be better.

Good evening ladies,

My dh asked me if he had been snoring lately since I had been sleeping on the couch and getting back in bed at 4am. (He usually stops snoring later in the night) I told him that I hadn't been sleeping on the couch I had just been going to bed at 4am. I don't know why that surprised him, I always work late. Of course I usually am done by 2am. I will be very glad when April 15th gets here.

I took a half hour this morning for a consultation with a plastic surgeon. I am thinking of getting 4 treatments with the fraxel laser. AND if I lose enough weight, a face lift. I plan to get serious with my diet after vacation (and careful on vacation). Oct 1st is the deadline. I'm not sure what a reasonable amount of weight can be lost in that time. It would be 18 weeks. I would love to lose 35lbs but will be lucky to get 10lbs.

Joan

hi ya'll
magnolia, i was totally wiped out yesterday too, i think alot of it was the 6 days of tough workouts, this week the w/outs are a bit shorter, so hopefully won't wipe me out so much.
did supercharged sculpting, 40m. sculpt. not terribly hard, but good workout. and this afternoon took the grands to the park. absolutely beautiful today. cool, 70's. sunday is gonna be the hard day. it is a heavy lower body and i'm trying to figure out what to do. if i really want to torture myself , guess i could do butts & gutts. :)

and yes, i am very blessed to have teh kids so close. i love them so much! we do have fun. if ya'll go to my facebook you can see a video of my granddaughter riding, if you're interested. tomorrow is a cardio, not sure what i'm gonna do yet.

howdy, today was a kickbox workout. and then, outside work most of the afternoon
have a great weekend!

is anyone around???

Cathy I'm hoping that everyone will be back inforce by May 1st. I know I will. I've been peeking at the posts even when I'm too busy to do anything else. I can't believe you get so many workouts in with your busy life.

We always go out to eat on Friday nights and ask for the same waitress. I have told her not to put bread on the table for the forseeable future. I know I can trust her even if it is a weak night:D. I don't even really like their bread but when they bring it out before your food I'm hungry and will eat anything that is put in front of me.

Still crazy busy here. The returns I am doing now are all really big and I am lucky to finish 2 or 3 in a day. On a good day I have finished 20 returns.

Weather is beautiful here. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hi, everybody!

I didn't mean to be absent, but I have been somewhat under the weather. Not sure, but I think it's allergies. I have had no energy. Yesterday, I did a minor amount of housework, then I was exhausted.

Hope everybody is well.

Have a great weekend.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.