50 and over week of April 27

JoanC

Cathlete
Good Evening everyone,

I just got back from airport. I had a great vacation, but am ready to get back in shape.

Tomorrow will be a weigh in and I'm very afraid. The rest of the week I will be planning meals and getting ready to dive into sts next week.

Joan

Back again,

I weighed in at 171lbs this morning. Almost what I started with back in Nov. I'm hoping by Sunday I will have lost back to 167lbs that I was before vacation.

I'll be back later with wo.

Joan

Hi Joan I wouldn't worry about the weight gain like you said I am sure it will come off fast. That happens to me all the time. Are you ready to get started on STS? I put the workouts in my calendar starting on Monday. I may start on Sunday because I will have the time. Either way Week One will be next week. Are you still in? I have done all my 1RM's and have printed my workout cards. I am ready.
I've been wearing my GWF and found out I don't burn nearly enough calories everyday. I have really good days then days I barely burn any. Are you going to enter your food journal here at Cathe's or are you using the GWF site?

Here's a wedding picture. The wedding was wonderful and I really can't stop smiling about it. :)
3488708528_ba35c22507.jpg

Good Morning,

Jann pictures are beautiful. :D

I will be using Cathe's site for nutrition. I have a ton of custom foods already entered. I am more than ready to get started. I think I will wo in evening again just not as late. If I do wo 10:00 or 11:00pm Sunday I will call it Monday.

Another reason I am even more looking forward to getting in shape is a new face mask I found on vacation. It really got rid of deep wrinkles on my cheeks. I feel like if I lose weight my face has a chance now of matching my body. My skin is WHITE. I have always been careful but about once a year I get sunburned. At 49 years old (menopause) the wrinkles came overnight. It is called Instant Stretching & Revitalizing Mask. I got mine at the Tropicana . Bet-el, the sales girl, did one side of my face and even my husband noticed the difference. It is expensive and I would never had bought it wo seeing the results. It is available at www.deadsea-premier.com I bought but haven't tried their other mask that is black. You use a black stone to take it off your face. It works like a magnet.

I think the gwf is one of the best purchases I've made. It is amazing to learn how little you can move in a day.

I ended up with no wo yesterday. I left the payroll taxes until I got back from vacation and didn't finish them until late Wednesday. The other reason is the huge blister on my foot. I only walked between 7500 and 14500 steps per day on vacation but got a huge blister on the bottom edge of foot.

I'm using same 1rm's but may put in adjustments I made first time through.

Hi Beth and Magnolia.

Joan

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Back Joan! I am jealous of your vacation. It sounds like you had a great time- you must have worn your gadget to had tracked your steps!

Jann, what a beautiful picture! I can imagine how proud you must feel. I am not there yet, but maybe in a few years.

Good luck to you both on the STS. I have 2 more weeks left in the whole series and I have seen some significant gains. I will be finishing about the same time you start and not sure what I will do, but then, I am definately repeating the series. It is not boring at all. For the last meso cycle, Iam taking the two upper body days up to my gym on a clipboard because I have increased the weights so much that I need the smith machine. I am sore all the time- but in a good way.

bye now - oh and hi magnolia!!:D

I wondered where y'all had all gone!

Jann, that's a beautiful picture, and they are a great-looking couple. I know you are very proud. My son got married on mine & DH's wedding anniv., so every year we all try to celebrate together. I really love my DIL, she's the best thing that ever happened to my son. Wait until the grand babies start coming--it's great. You can have all the fun of playing with them, and when they need a diaper change, you just give them back!

Beth, I think being sore after a good wo is just your muscles' way of telling you they're still there. Believe me, the older you get, the more important it is to know things like that!

Joan, I think you are determined and you have a good plan. That weight will come off.

Off to Boston tomorrow to visit a very dear friend. Y'all all have a great weekend.

Magnolia

Back again,

Beth please post results when you are done with sts. I wish I could have stuck with it during tax season but now I know I will have to have shorter wo from Feb-April.

Magnolia have a good trip.

I was down to 170lbs this morning.

I did 30 min of Low Max and 30 min of Denise Austin vhs. I was surprised that I burned 164 calories with Cathe and 258 calories with Denise. It might have been the order I did them in or the modifications (no step) on Cathe.

I almost used 2000 calories today. I don't know how I will be able to get in 2400 calories consistently, but I really want to lose 2 lbs per week.

I started diet yesterday, but may have a cheat day this weekend before the start of sts.:eek:

Joan

Good morning all,

I have to get house cleaned today and if it doesn't rain I will mow grass. I can't wait to see calories burned.

I'll be back later.

Joan

Back again,

I had 1hr 52min of lawn mowing and used about 700 calories. That would be about 350 calories per hour or 175 per half hour. That doesn't seem right based on the amount of sweat I generated.:D Total calories today are 1387. I'm not exactly sure how many I started with before mowing. That could be part of the problem. The armband did slip down because of the sweat and I don't know how long it was on forearm or if it stopped working for awhile.

Joan

I have a cheat day a week. Sometimes I use it sometimes I don't. That way no guilt. :) I bet your bugg slide off - :confused:. When I work outside I really can burn some calories.

I jumped on the treadmill today and did some free weights. I wanted to watch Oprah I taped from yesterday. She had Kirstie Alley on. I really like her.

Magnolia enjoy yourself. Thanks! The kids want to have children. I don't think they are in any hurry though.... That's the next step!!

Beth I would like to hear about your results also. Thanks. The wedding was so much fun, planning included.

Jann , I may try to do disc 3 first, and then 1 and 2. I hate legs, I wonder if I get them out of the way first if it would be easier?

I know in meso 2 they are in the middle.

Yea I just used 2448 calories today. Unfortunately it took 3 hours of moderate activity in addition to my normal calories. Besides mowing I had 80 min on treadmill. That was 573 calories. Of course to lose the two pounds a week I'm supposed to eat 1400 calories when I burn 2400 calories. Today I ate 1626 calories so in the next 9 minutes I need to use 178 calories. Probably not going to happen typing.

Good afternoon all,

I slept in today. The grass was so tall I need to rake today. Raking used more calories than mowing last time. I can't wait to see how many calories a minute I will use.

I found on gwf if you point arrow over a time, it shows you calories per min used. I use .9 calories a minute during sleep and 1 calorie a minute while awake. Mowing used 7 calories a minute. I'm hoping to find an activity that uses more calories a minute.

Back later,

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.