50 and Over- Tuesday

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all .

There seems to be some questions on how this check-in works... I thought we could try starting a new one each day, as the week long ones get so long... if everyone is ok with that?

Anyway, good to see so many checking in here! I didn't realize how many "over 50" of us there were!

I did High STep Circuit this morning at 4:30! Pretty good workout.. I can't do high impact any more and this one is easy to modify.

Kathy H- Wow what a workout! Did you use a particular one for the chest/Tri superset or did you do your own? p.s I have a couple of the I-Train workouts.. love them!

Josie: sorry you had to spend your whole weekend in the car! But great news on the weight!
Linny- I love my treadmill! It's really my favorite form of cardio. Hope your legs get back to normal soon
Drover- not sure about what is happening to your posts

Have a great day;-)

Deb

Hi, Deb! Where are you? It is SOOO cold here in NY this morning. Or maybe it's just me. I think I've officially begun perimenopause. I've been on a 28-day cycle, and suddenly for the last 2 months I'm on a 25-day cycle. I also get a kind of fuzzy-headed feeling more often, and I'm becoming forgetful. And I've been chilled to the bone for about 4 months now, although admittedly it has been unseasonably cold. They say it's going into the 80s today, but I'm sitting here in my winter robe.

KathyH, you have to establish an account on picturetrail to post a pic. I believe it's free for the first few months, so you can try it and see if you like it. www.picturetrail.com

I've got a busy day at work ahead, so I'd better finish up my coffee and get going. I hope the 50+ group continues to grow!

Hi Deb & Nancy & Everyone else who follows!

Nancy: Thx so much for the link. I'll get some pics posted in there soon. It does sound as if your starting perimenopause. Irregular periods spotting one time, heavy the next + all the other symptoms. The forgetfulness was the worst for me.

Deb: You get up at 4:30 & to do a circuit workout? WOW kudos to you. I hate doing circuits & could never get up that early.

My superset weight training I got from fitnessfreak366 in the Hardcore checkin. I'm not following a dvd.

Chest: Incline press: 40# bb superset with:
Db Flyes 20#
(3 sets/10 reps)
Flat Bench Press superset with:
Db Flyes 20#
(3 sets/10 reps)
Pushups (going to failure) superset with:
Diamond pushups (going to failure)
Triceps: Bb Tricep Extension: 40# bb superset with:
Lying Db Extension: 15#
(3 sets/10 reps)
Overhead tricep extension: 25# db superset with:
Kickbacks: 15#
(3 sets/10 reps)
Dips using a 42.5# Bb in lap superset with:
Tricep pushups did 12/12/8
(dips 3 sets of 20/10/10)

Tonight its cardio. I'll be doing Amy Bento's KBX premix that uses the bonus bag. LOVE that one!

Last night I did GS legs 49" premix & then did Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest ab premix which is called Belly Burner 19". That ones HARD!

Enjoy your day everyone! BBL, Kathy:D

Deb: I get up at 5a to workout for about an hour. Last nite I went walking with 20yr old son 4miles in an hour.today was stepblast and shoulders from pure strength.Tomorrows my day off so I'll probably workout a little later and a little longer.~Linny~

Nancy: I live in NH and it was cool and drizzly this morning. Sun is starting to peak though now. I try to send warmth and sun your way: ) ~Linny~

Yes!!!!! Down 6 pounds

Did Push Pull triple set upper body....icing my rotator cuff now.

Power to the check in!

(I'm a little excited!)

Rhonda:7

Way to go Rhonda! 6#s is A LOT! Great job too on PP 3 sets. I've done that one too but its been a while. I don't blame you for being excited. Keep up the great job! Kathy:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.