50 and Over - Our Favorite Day - *Friday**!!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

I did HSTA today using the workout blender, and doing the w/u, Cycles 1-3 and the stretch.. was only 42 minutes but very hard for me for some reason today.. next week's rotation will be using ME with cardio..still in the BFL format, only I think I will do the ME timesaver once, then lower, upper on other days with cardio in between. I like to hit each body part twice when not lifting heavy. ( circuit like HSTA doesn't count in my mind as a weight workout!)

Kathy: I will be doing the BFFM method as soon as I get my mind around it and stop thinking about ice cream at night! I also need to shop and get some more good food in the house this w/e. I think I am going to buy S&H on Ebay, even if it is used.. I have had pretty good luck with these, then I want to do a one body part per day rotation using this.

Melrose: let us know when you get the book, we can have a "major" discussion on ziz-zagging etc!

Josie: Happy vacation to our Gazelle! One thing about running, you can do it anywhere with no equipment!

Garance: thanks for the title of the cookbook.. I am going to look for it on Amazon, for pricing, then try Ebay.. my husband says I need "EA".. Ebay Annonymous! Did not watch the daning show buy my nail person mentioned last night that it is really good.. I have to look for it because Dancing with the stars is over and that was the only night time show I watched!

Rhonda: you lucky dog being off for 2 months! I also love those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwichs..they are not on the BFFM program thought;( "What is the name of the Spreen workout that uses the body bar? 9 pounds seems kind of heavy if you are tossing it around LOL! Cleaning shelves etc sounds more like work to me.. relax girl you just got off of work!

Have a great day all!:)

Deb

Morning Everyone!

Deb: I can't believe you did HSTA again. Circuits don't count in my mind either as weight training. How do you use the workout blender? Never tried it. 42 min. sounds great for that particular w/out. I'll be changing up my rotation b/c summer's here & I don't want to workout on weekends. Its time to play & have fun! My rotation will be 1x each using MM & ME in its entirety, 1x Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest, 1x cardio/yoga & 1x cardio of my choice. Saving the weekend to do some serious bike riding w/my son. We usually go 26 miles or more. I don't consider bike riding a w/out.

BFFM is easy once you get the hang of it. You won't be sorry. Don't forget to weigh yourself everyday.

I'm planning on buying the SB Quick & Easy. Everybody raved about it. I'm also eyeing the Tosca Reno Clean Eating Recipe book. It hasn't been released yet.

Rhonda: You could probably afford to eat that Skinny Cow due to all the running you do!;) Every weekend I've been bad, bad, bad w/the ice cream. Must chant Will not buy it this weekend, will not buy it this weekend.:7 Is the Spreen w/out you did the Bootcamp one? I don't remember the hi-lo/kickboxing using the bodybar. Cleaning shelves, etc. sounds like something I would do. I'm always attending to projects when I'm on vacation. So little time, so much to do. Enjoy your summer & relax.

Sunday I hope to get to the beach w/DH weather permitting.

Today's my rest day! Yippee! Have a great day! Kathy:D :7

Hi ladies--

Today I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps. I just don't see how Cathe does 40 lbs on the flies and lifts! I do 30 and almost always feel it a couple days later.

Tomorrow is my day off, also to sleep in.

The results show for So You Think You Can Dance was on last night. Unlike Dancing with the Stars, where it's pretty obvious when they aren't any good, it's just really sad to see ANY of these dancers eliminated. I like this show, too, because the judges choose from the bottom three couples and have the liberty to correct for audience stupidity (I'm thinking of Sanjaya here).

Sunday I will do Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing. From reading the thread over on the Open Forum, I'm thinking I will just use a dowel to start with, and maybe I will do the premix.

Geez, I cannot find a really riveting novel to read. I am doing a round robin of Michael Chabon, Jane Smiley, and Vikram Chandra right now but don't really find any of these compelling. I guess I will have to wait for Harry Potter.

Hi Garance!

Perhaps you would like to read (if you haven't already) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. He wrote The Kite Runner. I read The Kite Runner & enjoyed it immensely. I can't wait to read his latest.

You'll like Absolute Kickboxing premix Combat Intervals. She works your core at the end.

I started watching So You Think You Can Dance & I thought the 2nd & 3rd couples were outstanding. Was too tired to watch the rest.

TTYS, Kathy:D

This is the Spreen tape I have been doing:

http://www.ciavideo.com/newsite/videoDetail.asp?2705

I did the combat drill premix (60 minutes) with a nine pound body bar. The body bar definitely presented a much larger challenge to the core and shoulders than the broomstick I used initially. I liked that core section. I was able to complete it with a 5 pound dumbbell. I think it is a good addition, but not a well rounded workout in itself...definitely low impact.

Spent most of the day cleaning. The best part of cleaning is getting done...however that is going to be sometime in the future. It is going to take me a few days to unwind.......................

Everybody have a great weekend!

Rhonda

Happy Friday, All,

Powermax absolutely wiped the floor with me yesterday. I think I may only do 2 of the segments next time, instead of all three.

Today I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. I really enjoyed this one, and can tell I'll be feeling it in a major way the next couple of days.

What, no Skinny Cows on BFFM? Just kidding, I knew it, but oh, my goodness - I'm about to have one right now (had dinner about 30 minutes ago). How can I rationalize finishing off my stash of Skinny Cows? I know - the book is pretty long - I'd better read it all before starting, right? No? Rats.

Garance, have you read ''The Red Tent?'' I enjoyed it very much.

I'm working tomorrow, and am going grocery shopping after work, so it will be my rest day.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.