50 and over month of February check in

JoanC

Cathlete
I start out so gung-ho and then let work stop me. Sunday I worked all day and night until 3:30am Monday. Got up at 8:30 worked all day Monday and then worked until 2am. I am exhausted but did get all my client's w-2's done.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

I may need to get a trainer again. I hate to spend the money but I always kept that appt. I always let being busy be my excuse. I haven't even walked since last Thurs. I have followed my diet but at 1400 calories a day I stayed the same without exercise.

Joan

Back again.

I want to thank Beth for wishing me a happy birthday on facebook. No I didn't go there but I did see it in my email. Even though I was exhausted it made me come here. Coming here and seeing how everyone else is trying to do something got me to at least walk 1.3 miles.

I know we can do this even if sometimes I don't believe it.:eek:

Good night.

Joan

Joan we are doing this day by day. Hang in there!

Burn circuit 2 again today. Feeling stronger.

Yesterday I had a terrible day with food. I didn't feel hungry, I felt like I needed just something, so I ended up grazing. :mad: I need to find something to satisfy that feeling. Back on track today.

Joan, sorry things are so hectic for you. I think it's awesome you are staying on your diet while being so tired! And happy belated b'day!

Jann, I also get frustrated with those grazing days when nothing seems to satisfy. That's when I ususally sabotage myself, iykwim.

Thanks to my youngest DD, I went to gym last night. If it hadn't been for her I would have stayed on the couch and been more miserable by the hour. Any extra movement I get is a wonderful thing:eek:

Morning all! I did Bob Harpers kettlebell workout this morning for cardio. I am so lazy with cardio, I look for the easiest way to burn calories. :p

That stupid 1 day of grazing put me up on the scale!! :mad::mad: 1 day. I am back on track again.

Kims -- It's nice that your family loves you enough to get you off the couch! :D

Hi, Y'All!

Well, I had intended to have a stretching workout yesterday, but instead had tummy problems and felt worn out all day. :( Today, I did Basic Step again. It helps to do things that I am very familiar with and that I know are short.

I am sticking to the diet I have placed myself on, but have been eating a lot slower. It does help, I think. I enjoy my food more, it lasts longer, and I fill up on less. I have found myself on the same nasty plateau that seems to crop up whenever I get to a certain weight. This time, instead of giving up, I am trying some new strategies. ;)

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Good morning and Happy Weekend :D

I don't have great things to report fitness wise for this week. I made it to the gym once but this has been a week of daunting fatigue! :mad:
I have been so thankful that my job is part time and doesn't require much movement...but just this week.
Otherwise I wish the job wasn't so sedentary, admin stuff. I really believe I need to be some what more active. Actually, as I'm writing this, I realize that if I slept better I'd have the energy I needed for the afternoon.

Ah well, I will keep on working at it. Never Giving Up!!! NEVER :D

Y'all have a FAB-U-lous weekend!!!!

HI all!

Magnolia sorry about tummy problems. I hope you are feeling better today!
Kims One day at a time. Do what and when you can.

I had my granddaughter yesterday, so no workout. Today I am picking back up with my rotation. CARDIO -- yes again. gesh. I may go ahead do which ever circuit is next also just to catch up. See how that works??? :rolleyes:

Good morning,

I've decided I need to take time to post and exercise. As the work comes in I feel like I need to do it in case there is not enought time later. What if I get sick? That's the mindset I have because I have no one else to back me up for work. I have been walking in the short breaks but only getting about 1 mile a day. Yesterday I took 3 short naps:eek:.

weigh in 177.4 This is the most I have ever been. I went crazy eating from Friday to Sunday. I wanted some chocolate Friday night. Since I didn't get any I went from overeating dinner out (poor choices and long island tea) to going to the grocery store and getting junk. I ended up eating a candy bar anyway. I wish I had gotten the candy first it might have stopped me. Ok I've confessed but I need to figure out why I can't follow a diet without messing up. I always gain more than I have lost over a couple of weeks.

Kims from my gowearfit armband I know the extra activity during the day is the secret. My work day during tax season plus sleeping uses only 1400 calories a day. That is what I am supposed to use if I slept all day. I use more calories doing housework than lifting. It's hard to go below 1400 calories for an extended time.

Jann I'm not giving up. One day at a time.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, don't get discouraged. I think you are doing very well to get in some activity. It's tough when there's so much else that needs your attention. As for the food thing, I think that's just something that happens to all of us. It doesn't mean you can't stay on a diet, it just means you're human. I do that sometimes, myself. Just make today a new day, and do the best you can.

I did a FitPrime today--Metaboost. Have a lot of house work to do every day, too.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All!

Well, I decided to change things up a bit and see what I could handle, so I did the Express premix from Athletic Training. I forgot how much fun those workouts are. I needed to do something short and also wanted to know if maybe I could challenge myself a little and see if it's time to start adding the more advanced workouts. Maybe it is.

I hope you are all well today. Joan, I am sure you are very busy.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Good evening ladies :D and thanks so much for the pats on the back. I'm sending them back to you...cyberwise.:D

I hoped to have some exercise-ish stuff to report, but sadly, that's not gonna be the case.
I am still recovering from this icky head cold thing. I have a headache and lots of sniffles, but thankfully, the fever is gone.

So since I feel better today, I plan to feel much better tomorrow :)
Not sure whether I'll try to do a bit of cardio or go to the gym. But I am gonna try.

My eating is very good, though. I have to focus cause my size 14 pants for work have a touch of snugness that is very troubling.
They were getting lose 2 or 3 weeks ago. It has to be too much sugar.
I've cut it out except for my raw honey I use for my tea and coffee. I consider that a health food and I ain't givin' it up! :p
I feel soooo much better when I stick to veggies and lean protein. Soooo much better.

Well, that's all I've got for today. I am feeling confident that I'm gonna get this 20 off...and soon.
That's important for me, what's in my head, iykwim:D

Good morning ladies,

Dil was very sick Sunday night/Monday morning I thought it might be food poisoning since she went to a superbowl party. But Luke got sick Tuesday morning. Doctor said it was flu. I did see it mentioned in the paper about 30 people getting sick at a nursing home. It is usually spread in daycare and nursing homes where people are close to each other. I don't think they even had to hire a substitute teacher because most of the class was sick too. I asked them not to breathe on me when I made a supply run for them. Of course Luke wanted to hug me. I couldn't say no. Taking lots of vit. c.

Yesterday I had appointments from 9am until 8p with little break in between. Today I have to actually finish those returns.

I plan to get an upper body wo in today. (I started to say I may get wo in but thought that was the wrong mindset.)

kim sorry we aren't more hardcore and make you exercise. This is the longest stretch of time that I have not lifted weights.

I think not exercising keeps me from coming and posting. I will try to change that at least.

Joan

Gosh if working out was a requirement for checking in - well -- you guys wouldn't see me as much!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hang in there group. :D

I am having one of those days, where every single thing is getting on my last nerve. :confused::confused::confused: I wish I could meditate. :p

I forgot to ask, are you guys pre-ordering?
I decided too even though I was disappointed about the free shipping. I mean $.03 -- really!! :(

'kim sorry we aren't more hardcore and make you exercise' :D

Shooooot.....If I can't make me do it and my IGF (Inner Fitness Girl) can't get me moving, y'all don't stand a chance...LOLOLOL:eek:

I enjoy that you ladies seem to have to deal with some of the same things I do and y'all keep on pluggin' along and that's very helpful.

I'm still getting over whatever I had over the weekend. I'm lots better but still a touch tired.

I don't think I will be pre-ordering, but I'm not for sure. I still haven't read the descriptions for these workouts yet.

....and later....
My IFG came to the forefront and saved my day. She told me she was tired of feeling unmotivated and wanted to get back to bizness, so that's what we did....Leslie's Walk and Kick, I believe the title is. 30 mins.
We are in a much better mood :D

Last edited:
Good morning girls! I could not sleep! Too much to do! I know that it will hit me later but here I am. If I get it together in the next half hour I may go to an early morning spin class.

So, about preordering. I'm sure I will end up buying the two new workouts. But, I have to say that I have noticed an irritating characteristic about myself. It seems as if the more choices I have, the less I actually do of them. It's as if I almost get so caught up in deciding why to do that I don't do anything. Ideally I'd like to do one workout at one per day and then go to the group classes at my gym. But I never can decided what to do at home. I start a rotation then almost immediately change one thing or another to fit my mood, then before I know it, no more rotation.

Joan, you'll love this....DH decided that he would support me on any diet since I was so Upset with myself about the weight gain over the holidays. I think he realizes its ALL his fault! Lol, except that he is responsible for the junk food that comes in this house. Anyway, we both went on the hcg diet and he lost 8 pounds the first week and a steady pound a day since! I, on the other hand, have lost about 4 total.

Why is this so hard???

'But, I have to say that I have noticed an irritating characteristic about myself. It seems as if the more choices I have, the less I actually do of them. It's as if I almost get so caught up in deciding why to do that I don't do anything.'

This describes me to a T !!! :eek:

Good morning all!

It's a new week with new commitments!!! I'm going to overcome my obstacles this week by making a plan and sticking with it! I just did hi reps and my plan it to alternate days this week cardio and weights. The flexibility for me is going to be that I don't need to decided ahead of time which tape to do... I get to pick it at the last minute... That way, I don't have to argue with myself!

Has anyone tried a fitbit?? For some reason that has my attention these days.

HI ladies!

Well, I am just coming off a 3 day stomach flu!! :( I ended up in the hospital Friday night because of severe hydration. They put 2 bags of fluid in me. Then as I was getting ready to leave and my blood pressure dropped to 86/33, so the admitted me. :( And then pumped 6 more bags of fluid in me. Good grief. I am not feeling at all normal yet. I am much better though. Gosh, I never had anything hit me so hard.

Beth -- I don't have the fitbit, I do have the gowearfit, (body bug). I use to use daily. It really does help. It's a nice little reminder to get off my butt!

Kims -- One of things I love most about our little group. We are in this together and completely understand. :)

Hey Magnolia and Joan!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.