50 and over month of December check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Magnolia Hope cold? doesn't last much longer.

Jann Love the picture of you and Reggie.

wi- 169.6lb

I just reread some of the T-Factor diet. That diet is low fat but you can eat carbs. He says your body stores about 2000 calories worth of glycogen and each 500 calorie worth holds a pound of water. I had never remembered seeing exact numbers of how much is water weight. I guess I will gain 4lb back when this is over. Weight loss so far is 5.8lb -4lb or 1.8lb.

I was so hungry last night that I was ready to eat something. I decided to wait to see if I lost anymore today. At least after another cup of tea and my last shake the hunger went away. I drank the last shake close to midnight. I should have had it earlier and just went to bed.

I switched to a monthly thread for Dec because I keep forgetting to start a new weekly thread. I will probably go back to weekly at the first of the year when I don't have the kids.

Joan

Joan- now that you have broken the 70's you should see it come off faster. Just dont quit. Here are some suggestions that I forgot about. Waldon Farms make a No calorie chocolate sauce. It is greazt with frozen (but slightly thawed) strawberries. You can take your time eating them. Good job

I have a head cold, now traveling down to chest- Im out until this goes away...

Jann- tongue in cheek- I think she meant the other picture!! Ha! Ha!

Magnolia- Hope you are feeling better. I don't know how you people stand cold weather. We're only in the 50's and I got a cold!

Hi, Y'All!

Still fighting the cold. I am getting a little stronger every day, and hope to be working out next week. We'll see.

Beth, as a transplanted native Georgian, I'm not crazy about the winter weather up here. I wear winter underwear all winter and warm clothes. Happily, when it snows, I don't have to drive. It's the blizzards and ice storms that I hate the worst. Well, enough complaining.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

I agree about the cold, I don't like it. Two days ago I picked the last of the snapdragons and the last 2 days when I went out at 7:30 to pick up the kids it was 28 degrees.

WI this morning 169.2lb

Yesterday ended up with about 630 calories. I know terrible since it's only supposed to be 500. Today was worse 925 calories unless I have the second shake and then it would be 1045. Took kids to McDonalds for our monthly kids meal. I didn't order anything but unfortunately did finish some of their food.

Dh was in California this week until last night. Since we usually go out Friday night to eat, I told him we could go out but I wouldn't eat. He thought that would be weird but it worked fine.

I always plan foods for my Christmas party that I would like. This year I'm making a lot of things I don't like.:D I hope someone else does.

Joan

Calories ended up yesterday at 925 and wi was 169.6 so up .4lb.

I know it is just water but still:confused:.

Today calories will be ok but not eating the prescribed foods. We will see what happens. If nothing else I think I will always turn to this diet in the future after a big eating day(week). At least you get off the weight you would have gained. I am not as hungry as I usually am with 1200-1400 calories.

Joan

Joan How are you getting the decimals on your scale? Since mine doesn't do that, I could have lost or gained a little but not know until too late. I didn't do too well this weekend either. But your right, if nothing else it does work a couple pounds at a time.

Omgosh Joan that is still really good!

Beth I have tanita scale, I think is pretty good. It shows weight every .2 pounds and every 1% of body fat graduations. Now, what I have learned is to get to know your scale. Because I use the same scale same time every time I weigh, I believe it is true to me. If I were to say it is 100% for real, compared to a doctors scale, maybe not. I use it as a guide. I think body fat can only be truly done by much more expensive type testing.

I have been really good about walking Reggie 20-45 minutes twice a day. I'll start back with weights tomorrow. Decorating is done. I have some shopping and baking to do. Wrap gifts, write cards and mail, send packages to Marks family out west, and that should be it until Christmas eve eve. That's when I have my family party here. :D

Beth I have a Taylor scale that I bought at Target. I love it. It does measure in 10ths and if you get on scale and 10 minutes later get on it again it will be the same. My old scale if you got on 5 times you would get 5 different answers. It remembers 3 or 4 different people. I press 1 to wake scale up and then when I weigh it tells me how much I have gained or lost. After a few seconds it shuts itself off to protect the battery.

WI 167.8lb down 1.8lb yea But it won't last. We went to Kimmswick this afternoon. It's about an hour away. They had a cookie walk. You buy and empty bag and when you go to each store you get a homemade cookie. At the end you have two dozen cookies. Fortunately or unfortunately they had sold all the bags. We did go to the Blue Owl but wait time was 2 hours. This restaurant was featured on Oprah for one of it's pies. I ended up with 2 pieces of pie and a piece of cake to take home. That was just what I got for me. I did share some with my mother but I think it might have been more than 500 calories for the day.!!! I also had a bowl of white chicken chili. Oh well it was all great and I will be back to 500 calories tomorrow.

Jann you can come and decorate at my house if you are done.

Hi to Magnolia and Cathy.

Joan

It seemed like it was pretty easy to go back on diet today. Of course I was up a couple of pounds but calories really weren't that much because I didn't anything but the chili and pie(and cake),:eek: Or at least they weren't 7000 calories the equivalent of the 2 pounds.

Joan

I love to decorate for Christmas!! I even went over to my DS house to help him. :D

I didn't get to workout again today, I did walk Reggie 2x's though!!

Talking about metabolism - My doctor put me on Female Vital Solution. It's a All 8c combo spray. I take 2x's a week. I've been taking it now for 2 weeks. It really seems to be helping. :D I am not really counting calories but I am trying to watch the sweets and carbs. I also started walking and I am dropping about .2 pounds every couple of days. Not a lot and it will take forever, but I'd rather see the scale go down. Over the summer I put on some weight from meds and not working out. I am at the "all no you don't" stage!!

Well, it's raining :rolleyes: No walk yet. So I did sts full body 1 round premix. omgosh. I love weights. I always forget how much... :eek::eek:

It's suppose to possibly snow tomorrow night/thurs morning - :( Today it's 50 out there. Crazy.

Hi, Y'All!

Sorry to have been absent. I'm still sick with this cold. I sleep a lot, not usual for me. I am too tired to even walk around the block, and there is so much to do! My house needs cleaning and decorating. Well, at least DH has gotten the outside decorations up, and tonight we're decorating the tree. The gift shopping has not been a problem, since I prefer doing it online. Almost finished with that! If I am not better before Monday, I am going to the doctor.

Stay well, everyone!!

Magnolia

Jann what is Female Vital solution and is it working?

Magnolia Get well. I guess the only good thing is you probably will be well for Christmas.

I have been trying to up calories a little but it is easier to stay under 500 than to up to 1000. I keep getting closer to 1300 calories.

Joan

Female vital solution is a homeopathic remedy. I take remedies for menopause systems (which I have none except a growing waist line :(). I am squirting this in my throat 2x's a week. I think it may have lost it's magic though :rolleyes: I've been maintaining for days now. I am not working out as hard as I could/should. Need those weights to give it a fair chance. Yes, I think it is.

Walked Reggie this morning and this evening. I had hoped to get in some upper body. I ran around doing errands for to long.

My cold which was ending turned into the stomach flu. I've never been so sick as last night!, my gosh I bet I lost five pounds!,

Magnolia. How r you feeling?

Jann. I love weights too!, that's one thing you can do in nasty weather.

Joan, I guess you're winding up the diet?

Beth I didn't want to switch from the diet to a Christmas party eating the next day. I thought if I increased calories slowly I would keep off all the weight I lost. I had lost 7.6lb but did gain back 2.4lb but I have lost .8 of that since so loss of 6lb. I will try diet again after the 1st when we get back from vacation.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, I congratulate you on your results! That's great!

Jann, I like weights, too. I will really love them when I can start working out again.

Beth, so sorry to hear you have been sick! I hope that you're all better. There's nothing worse than being sick at this time of the year!

Speaking of which, I just started a round of antibiotics for the walking pneumonia that I thought was a cold. It's weird since I had an active day yesterday, ending in a 3-hour choir rehearsal last night. I should be fine to sing in the concert on Sunday, provided I rest up between now and then and take my pills. Believe me, that will not be a problem!

This concert is a huge part of my Christmas. For a semi-pro like me to have the opportunity to work around professional singers and musicians is akin to a baseball fan attending fantasy camp! It would be sad indeed to miss.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia - Don't mess around with pneumonia ! Even if you feel better stay away from everyone else's germs! I know you love the Christmas concert though! Just take care of yourself!

Joan- your plan seems to be working so that's great. I probably would have just stuck with it until I overate the one night.

I have something wrong with my stomach. I thought it was the flu because I woke up so so sick 2 nights ago, but I can't put anything in it without a rumble sound and gas pains. I wonder if I picked up a parasite or something from all the salads I had been eating. I guess I'll go to the doctor on on day but tonight I have to get through a Christmas party. It sure has cut my appetite!

Jann do you have a puppy park near you? Dexter and I went last week and it was so much fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.