50 and Over 5/10/07

linnyrn

Cathlete
Hi Ladies: Yesterday I had some sclerotherapy done on my legs. I quess you can say I'm vain about my veins. Just hoping it doesn't do much bruising.
I was thinking earlier about my period and it looks like the last one I had is 8 weeks ago tomorrow. I hope I don't need to be concerned.
Today I did LowMax and shoulders from PUB.I plan on working it tomorrow too. Have a great night ~Linny~

Hi All,

Linny: sounds like you are taking care of something we all have and wish we didn't! What is the time frame for healing for something like that? As for the period, this is the time that it should be going away! I am 54 and have not had one for over 3 years! Yea!

I think I am going to start a rotation with more cardio: something like this:

Day 1 Total Body ( like ME or MM)
Day 2 HIIT (treadmill)
Day 3 Circuit ( I like High Step Circuit)
Day 4 Steady State Cardio ( I-Tread 40 minutes)
Day 5 Circuit
Day 6 HIIT

I have to try something different! I can't seem to get the right mix to lose some weight!

Deb

This week I've had a back problem so I took it easy this week. Today I did Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio and did the extra stretch in addition.

Monday - off due to back injury
Tuesday- Totally Cool Step + bonus abs
Wednesday-Humble Beginnings step with push ups and sit ups for toning
Thursday- Solid Gold Step + bonus abs

Hi Ladies!

I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'd love to join you. Some background on me. I'm 53 YO & I'm in post menopause. Have been working out for 23 years. I'm married for 23 years and have a son who's 15. Not easy trying to bring up a teenager.

I started working out in a gym (Living Well Lady!) & have been using Cathe's dvds for 15 years. I've been on this website for 15 years. Had the pleasure of meeting Cathe at the 2005 RT. Eventually I had plateaued doing Cathe & switched to P90X. That put into a whole new level. From time to time I enjoy attending fitness camps w/friends. I started 2 weeks ago using the BFFM meal plan by Tom Venuto to help me lean out & get rid of my sweet tooth.

I find it gets harder as one ages to see results especially in legs. I've also had a couple of injuries 1) my left hand and 2) my right shoulder. I must still have an impingement in my shoulder b/c there's a definite clicking sound. I still workout even though its uncomfortable. My hand injury is completely healed. Still don't know what caused it. I had to lay off heavy weights for a while. I tend to switch rotations every 2 weeks, however, this time around I decided to experiment w/supersetting. My rotation starting on Saturday will look like this:

Sat: chest/tris/abs
Sun: cardio
Mon: legs/abs
Tues: back/bis
Wed: cardio
Thurs: shoulders/abs/cardio
Fri: REST

I also have osteopenia & take Actonel. I've found I have to be very careful w/back exercises. I tend to ache far more than I used to.

Now that I've written a long book on myself I had better quit while I'm ahead. lol Take care ladies, Kathy:D

Hi Ladies: Welcome, the more the merrier.
A little about myself. 50 yrs young pre menopausal(finally got period yesterday). 2 sons(20 + 32), 1 daughter(31), 2 granddaughters(8+13).Love to work out with Cathe.
Deb: I was just reading about HIIT. Shows like a very interesting concept.Tell me how it goes.
Hi Kathy:So glad you joined us. On sclerotherapy~I just went for a test area to make sure I don't have a problems. So far so good. Sting a little and a bit of bruising but its only been since wednesday. I'll tell you how it looks in a few days.
I think I'll check out Tom Venuto site.
Did LIC and Bis from PUB today. Just seems like my waist is getting bigger and bigger: (
Have a good nite~Linny~

I would like to join to.

I am 55 years old. Had my last period in January 2007.....and I am thrilled because I feel so much better without the PMS swings.

I love Cathe. Although I cannot do high impact any more, with adaptations I still have a mighty workout.

I just rejoined Weight Watchers (I am a lifetime member) and hope to loose 20 pounds. Many women seem to gain weight around when menopause begins, and either they loose it or keep it for the rest of their lives....guess which group I want to be in.

I went to the 3 Fat Chicks Web Site, but could not find a link to the avatar that can be attached to reflect weight loss. Can anybody give me a link.

Regards,

Rhonda:)

hi ya'll!!! so good to talk to women my age. YAY! i turned 52 in jan.i can still do the hi impact and stuff, but how do ya'll do with cathe's long workouts? the only real workout i have of cathe's is drill max. the others i have recorded off fittv and after commercials they are only 45m. are all of hers as long as drill max? i just ordered cardio fusion today. is it gonna kill me?:p

today i did boot camp and K,P,&C, but like i said they were only 45m each. but they totally kicked my rear.:+

my name is cathy, by the way, so, i'd like to meet everyone.:)

Hi ladies! I'm so glad to find this check-in! Deb, thank you so much for letting us know about it.

I guess I should introduce myself too. I was 51 in March. I've been working out since my mid-twenties. I used to love the Firm, but discovered Cathe maybe 6 years ago or so (?) for strength training. My cardio has always been power walking to music, first in the park, then on the treadmill. I've never done anything high impact, and I've never had an injury, but lately my knees are sometimes a bit tender.

I met my husband 11 years ago, and we married in 2001. I have no kids, and he has a son who will be 30 (!!) this year. My stepson was married in 2005, so we now have a fabulous daughter-in-law too. I'm a lawyer and I work longish hours, so time for exercising is always an issue.

I'm still on a regular 28-day schedule. My Mom was almost 60 when she finally hit menopause, so it could be a while yet if I turn out to be like her.

I've met KathyH, who also lives in New York, and can vouch for the fact that her work really shows and she looks AWESOME!!! Kathy, you should add an avatar so everyone can be inspired. ;)

Linn, how are your legs looking?

Jam, how is your back?

Rhonda, I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying menopause!

I have a feeling that if every Catheite who is over 50 joined this check-in, the group would be fairly substantial. There are many of us.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.