50 and Over:~Waiting for Turkey Day ~" Wednesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning !

Today was I-Tread Cardio and Tammy Lee Webb's Abs of Steel. I am getting panicky now thinking about tomorrow and all the work I still have to do around here to set up the tables etc. DH goes into work a little later today so he will be helping. I am going to try a "make ahead" gravy that I got a recipe from RecipeZaar.com. I hope it comes out ok.

Josie:
11 carrot cake loaves? This must be a Thanksgiving tradition in your family? sounds yummy:* .

Jen:
I agree, the person in those DVD's does take some getting used to! I only did it once..could not get into it at that time but I think they are good stretch workouts.

Garance:
Pure Strength... one of my favorites! I can't believe we have not had any snow here. Actually it was 53 yesterday when I was doing some errands. Yes I am watching Dancing with the Stars. I think Marie has to go! I hope the final 2 are Mel and Helio. They are the best dancers. I hope Helio wins, however I do like Max, not Mel so much. I can easily believe a Thanksgiving dinner can be 5000 calories!

Off to feed the animals, myself and get moving around here!

Have a great day and a Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Deb:9

RE: 50 and Over:~Waiting for Turkey Day ~

Happy Wednesday, All,

It's the last day of 80-degree weather in Houston today, yay! Tonight we get a real, live cold front!

Deb, try to have some fun during this crazy day!

Garance, I think I would explode if I ate 5,000 calories in one sitting! However, over the course of the day - picking here and there, having one piece of pie after the feast, then another in the evening - oh, yeah, it can easily be done.

Today, I plan on doing Low-Max.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen,

I made all of my pies last night 4 pumpkin and 6 sweet potato. I did not get a chance to run last night, because at the last minute I had to pick my DD from practice.

I will be running tonight and tomorrow. On Friday, my DH and I are going to Laughlin, Nevada for the weekend and I will not be working out at all. I will be gambling. Wish me luck!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Josie

Hi all,

Just popping back in while I am getting things done around here. The squash is made. DH does not want me to make the "make ahead" gravy, so I will pass on that one. He makes the gravy but does it all at the last minute while guests are milling around etc. Oh well that's his thing so I am caving in!;-)

Garance:
I got a new pair of Clark's from Zappos, the "Althea's".. they are pretty nice for jeans etc.

I may be back later!

Deb

Hi everybody--

I did PS BBA this morning. Once again my knee is feeling crappy. I cannot figure this out. I guess I will call next week about an appointment again. Maybe another shot of cortisone will get rid of the inflammation, or maybe I need an MRI.

I baked my four pies this morning--two sweet potato and two pecan. One of my guests is bringing an apple pie, corn pudding, and brussel sprouts from her garden. I'll whip out one of our butternuts tomorrow to make the squash. My husband takes care of the turkey and the gravy--like your DH, Jen, he does this at the last minute. I will do the mashed potatoes.

I will check out those shoes at Zappo's--gives me an excuse to avoid my next set of papers and grading. Only two more weeks of classes when the students return next week. Amazing how this fall semester has flown by.

The grey continues, but it's a bit warmer today. My sons sent me a big bouquet of flowers for my birthday that just arrived yesterday. Beautiful apricot-yellow roses and rust and yellow chrysanthemums with some kind of berry and a funny green vine-like filler. They are coming tonight. They are gorgeous hunks, by the way. The older one did some modeling when he was in college to make extra money. Both star athletes--track, wrestling, soccer, and basketball. My husband always teases me by saying that their athletic genes come from me, and I didn't know I had those genes when I was young because I'm so nearsighted that my hand-eye coordination wasn't there for any sport. Both of my sons have his eyes--20/20. Lucky!

Well--off to check Zappos and waste some time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.