50 and Over: ~~Worrisome Wednesday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I am worried about all of you (and DS"s)! It seems like we are having one type of injury or illness after the other. In the other thread I follow everyone has the flu!

Today I did a 35 minute I- Tread and the Tamilee Lee Web Abs of Steel.

My eating has gone down hill since Thanksgiving. Not with sweets or junk food but all the leftover turkey and stuffing! We had the last of it for dinner last night ( DH did not want Chinese as planned), so I was glad to have it finally gone. Who can eat turkey and stuffing without gravy? Not me! I feel bloated and know that I have not lost an ounce in almost 2 weeks. I just hope I haven't gained x(

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: protein shake with water
B: Cherrios w/blueberries, skim milk
S: LF Yogurt
L: Turkey on WW, grapes, skim milk or Indian food if my friend at work can get out!
S: LF Stringster, apple
D: Lean Cuisine
S: WW chocolate ice cream bar

Jen:
For this to come on all of a sudden ( your allergy) seems like you had to eat or touch something that set it off. Very strange. At least you can start adding the weights back in to your workouts.

Josie:
I also have Windsor Pilates and thought it was just ok. I actually like Denise Austins better.

Garance:
I may do a 2 day split using the 4DS upper body pre-mix and the lower body another day and do 4 days of cardio next week. I need to burn more calories!

Linny:
Happy Birthday ( belated) Good to hear your son is getting better. Good luck on those test results. I never heard of a rash being menopausal but you never know! ;-)

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Happy Wednesday, All,

Linny & Deb, I went through menopause 10 years ago, in my early 40s. That's pretty early, but I started having periods at age 10, so not entirely unexpected. So that's out as a cause of this allergic reaction. I think it has something to do with my immune system being so screwy - that's the cause of the Type 1 Diabetes, Hashimoto's Syndrome, and probably the trigger thumb. The ER doctor mentioned seeing an immunologist - I'll see if I can find one who takes my insurance.

Garance, I don't think you're a whiner at all. I've had knee problems in the past and it's a lousy thing to deal with, because you're in pain with pretty much any little bit of movement. Kudos to you for continuing to work out.

Linny, so glad your son is doing better. Yep, that prednisone is good stuff, but I'm still not going near the scale until I'm off of it.

My son, DIL, and grandson came over yesterday afternoon and wanted to go for a long walk with the baby in the stroller, so I still haven't used weights yet - today for sure.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

Worrisome is right!! Last night I dislocated my left knee (slipped on a stair) and had to go to the emergency room to have it re-aligned. They called my orthopedic surgeon, who is an angel, and he arrived at about midnight, shot my knee with novocaine, removed a lot of fluid build-up and then manipulated my knee back into alighment. Once again, it was like magic, because I couldn't unlock it, and then Pop! I could. I'm wearing a neoprene brace at his recommendation, and taking Vicodin for pain, which isn't too bad. But I am hobbling. So just when my right knee is getting better my left knee decides to do its usual thing.

So no anything for me today. I'll have to crawl up to my seminar and sit and listen to my students' presentations on Bertolucci and Coppola, but that's it.

You're right Deb. This has been a problematic month for the over-50s. I guess that's why we need to stick together. The aerobics junkies would never understand. They'd probably say,"Work through the pain!" That's why I cannot stand that woman for the insurance ad who says, all jolly-like, "What does it feel like to be old? You can do anything!" No you cannot!!! In fact, sometimes you cannot even slip a little bit.

I will tell you how my recuperation goes.

Bye.

Hi Ladies:
Deb: You're right about the medical problems. Poor Jen and Garance. It seems lately you guys haven't had a break. I went for ultrasound today and they won't have results back till fridaay. I'm on pins and needles.
Went out to dinner with my oldest son hadn't seen him since Halloween. It was good to see him. Before he came over my husband said "He's not coming over here! He can come over when I'm not home." Still alot of hot tempers about the apple-picking scene. I just hope I can have a nice Christmas with my kids this year.:(
Ladies have a great night and stay well.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.