50 and Over: ~~TGIF! ~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did a 45 minute I-Tread, burned 330 calories. The scale is stuck at 1/4 # before I would be at the 18 lb mark since starting in June. I can't get it to budge

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: protein shake with water
B: Multi-Grain toast w/natural PB
S: LF Yogurt
L: Ham on WW, grapes, skim milk.
S: LF Stringster, apple
D: Chicken Souvalki salad w/pita
S: WW chocolate ice cream bar

Rhonda:
Welcome Back! Glad your tests were ok. Menopause is kind of good and kind of bad! I am one of the lucky ones that so far have had minimal problems... a few hot flashes here and there but nothing that is intolerable. I am so happy that I did not have to consider any HRT because I am afraid of those side effects.

Linny:
When do you get your test results?

Garance:
Glad to hear your knee is better.. I LOL'd when you said the Gods were getting back at you for going for those tortilla chips! Regarding Dancing With the Stars..yes I also thought that the deck was stacked with women this year. To be honest, I thought after watching a lot of the shows that the Cheetah girl was still the best dancer out of all of them. I was disappointed with this season. No matter what the judges said, except for the Cheetah girl, I didn't think the stars were up to par with previous season's..eg Opallo, Joey Fatone, and Mario Lopez were awesome! any of them could have been the winner in my mind. I am headed over to that web site. I would like to try that curry recipe with chicken too.

Jen:
Hope you had a fun afternoon with your DG! I love them at that age!

Have a great weekend!

Deb;-)

Happy Friday, All,

Feeling a little itchy as I decrease the prednisone and Atarax, d*** it! I absolutely can not stay on this prednisone with my blood sugars so high. I've been searching on the internet. Some people say the only thing that works for them is meditation. Oh, boy, am I in trouble! My mind is always whirring so fast - I don't know, maybe my body is trying to tell me to relax and slow down (mentally, not physically). If so, I wish it would do it some way other than with itching! The prednisone also makes me hungrier than usual - great . . .

Deb and Garance, did you read that Helio Castroneves' fiancee broke up with him the day after he and Julianne won ''Dancing With the Stars''? Seems there may be a little hanky-panky going on between Julianne and Helio. Julianne had been engaged for a long time, but broke up with her fiance a year ago, while she was dancing with Apollo Anton Ohno. Things that make you go Hmmm . . .

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

Nothing again today, but I am progressing. Maybe by next Friday I can try doing some weights.

I just looked at LauraMax's thread over at the open forum about feeling old at 35 because of a few wrinkles and aches and pains. Made me smile, given our threads and the worries and injuries and physical challenges (menopause, weight gain, knees, rashes, etc.) we've been sharing lately. Wait until you are over 50 m'dear.

I agree about the Cheetah girl, Sabrina, Deb. She was eliminated way too early. I also think this season was less exciting--or maybe I am getting tired of it. I like So You Think You Can Dance better.

Teaching some really interesting poetry this afternoon--11 poems by Ted Hughes about Sylvia Plath called "Howls and Whispers."

Anyone finished their Christmas shopping yet? What are you buying this year?

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'll check in to see who shows up.

Hi Ladies,

I threw my back out picking up my dog to take him to the Vet. When I got home on Tueday, he looked very sick.

He was barely walking and had thown up everywhere, I had never seen him like that. He looks 100% better today, the Vet put him on medication for the next 5 days and a bland diet. In the meantime I could barely walk by the end of the day yesterday.

I took some Bayer back and body and feel a bit better today. I was supposed to run 14 miles tomorrow and the dunes on Sunday, but at this point it is out of the question.

What is going on with us? We are falling apart!

Have a great weeked everyone!
Josie

Hi Ladies:
Josie: So sorry to hear about your back and your poor doggie. I do believe we are falling apart. Dam those 50's. make sure you take an anti-inflammatory and try alternating heat and cold on your back.God Luck.
Deb: Got results back and they were negative for cancer(hooray!) I did have to take today off again due to heavy bleeding and feeling dizzy.Probably from all the blood I lost. So I'm pumping the fluids and eating iron rich foods. I can't wait till this bleeding stopped.
Jen: Sounds like hanky-panky to me (Helio).
Garance:Was it the same knee you fell on when you went to England?
I'll check in later~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.