50 and Over: ~~Terrific Tuesday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I did the 4DS Chest & Back weight work. I am down 2 pounds! Finally moved off of that plateau.:7

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: protein shake with water
B: oatmeal w/pumpkin, skim milk
S: LF Yogurt
L: Ham on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: LF Stringster, apple
D: Leftover Mexican
S: WW ice cream bar

Jen:
If you like CTX you would really like 4DS. It is the same concept, cardio and weights each day, only 4 days instead of 5.

Josie:
Glad to hear you are doing better! What kinds of cookies do you make?

Garance:
It is probably time for you to see a dr. Maybe the shot will do the trick. The curry dish was good. We wimped out and bought a pre-mix package at the supermarket, where all you do is add chicken. It even had the basmati rice with it.:9 . The play I saw was by A.B Guerney. It just finished on Broadway in June. Have you ever heard of him? He also did The Cocktail Hour and The Fourth Wall.

Rhonda:
Please post that low fat meatloaf and mashed potatoe recipe! ;) .It's very cold here too!

Hi to Linny and all that may check in!

Deb

Low Fat Meatloaf

A little over a pound of ground beef
3 egg whites
1 cup tomato sauce
chopped onions/peppers to your liking
3/4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
salt
pepper
other seasonings as you like

Mix together. Put in loaf pan. Pour additional tomato sauce on top. I usually let it sit in the refrigerator for about 1/2 an hour. Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hr.

Mashed Potatoes

Cut up the red skin potatoes. I don't peel them. Boil in water with peeled whole onion. When done, drain. Mash with fat free milk. Add pepper and salt to taste. I used shallot salt.

Rhonda

Happy Tuesday, All,

Deb, I'm keeping my eye out, but I'm not going to buy 4DS until the price comes down (I know, it may be years). I would pay the price except for the fact that she's higher than everyone else, with no reason as far as I can see. Amy Bento has much lower prices and fantastic premixes, some of which contain footage that's on her other DVDs. Tracey Staehle seems really reasonable as well.

Garance, I hope the cortisone shots continue to help you.

Rhonda, those recipes sound great.

My son, DIL, and grandbaby came over yesterday after we got home from work, so I didn't exercise. SIL brought supper, which was great (and healthy)- baked lemon chicken, fresh green beans sauteed with onions, and salad that had a little of everything, including avocado.

I'm definitely shooting for doing Step Blast tonight, although today is another day off for my son - he likes to come to our house whenever he's off - not sure if it's us or our cable TV he likes so much!

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

If you check "Ask Cathe" I started a discussion on my Reflection regarding the new workouts. The weights, bootcamp, and kickboxing are fine and worth having. However I find the step workouts too dancy.

Rhonda

Hi,

Just thought I would pop back in on lunch hour.

I agree 100% with Rhonda's opinion on the 4DS cardio portions, specifically the step parts. I really like the weight work a lot, I have only done the warm up in the kickboxing one, ( actually have the whole kick boxing segment on for tomorrow's cario). I feel like you Rhonda that if she is going to jump right in with no instruction or repetition, she should have an instruction pre-mix. She could have had one easily because some of the existent pre-mixes seem like they would not be used that much anyway. I was glad to see your post and happy that the reaction was not negative. You did a good job with how you expressed your feelings about it.

Deb

Hi everyone--

Nothing again today. I see the doctor on Thursday. My knee feels significantly better today, though.

Very cold here today--snow from yesterday, plus wind and wind CHILL.

I really liked the step cardio on LIS and didn't have much trouble with it, but the HIS routine has that final back-to-the-TV section that I was finding very hard. I was beginning to get it by mirroring it, though, pretending I was in back of Cathe and doing the routine that way. I think, prior to my various injuries, I would have managed to do it eventually. Never did Boot Camp because of injuries, but the Kickbox routine was very easy and fun. So--no complaints from my injured corner. All of the weight work was great.

What I like least about Christmas is all the stupid specials and repeats of old Christmas films on TV. Charley Brown, for instance. I guess it's been on too many times for me. That pathetic little tree. I also don't remember my boys finding it very appealing when they were little.

One more seminar, one more class. Onward march, pentagenarians!

Ok ....ANNOUNCEMENT!

We are officially going to call ourselves... ta da!

Pentagenarians!

I like it!

:D Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.