50 and Over: ~~Sunny Saturday & Sunday & Monday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend! Any interesting plans? I have the wedding today and then nothing planned for the rest of the weekend.. yeah! :7 . DH will probably go fishing at least one day. I will work in the yard. Weeds, weeds and more weeds..x( Today is a rest day for me and also a cheat meal day.. we usually go for Mexican for lunch, and probalby will, but I will try to have a salad because I am sure I will be eating too much at the wedding tonight!

Linny:
Yes, I think I will take your advice and use some ice for my eye.. it has gone down but only a little. You have had so much experience with this type of thing! How are the hives by the way? getting better? How many calories in one of the bars? are they protein bars?
Have fun at the lake :)

Jen:
Your B&B vacation sounds wonderful;-) Sorry to hear about your grandson, poor baby ;( Hope you are feeling better after giving blood. Wow I never heard of such a negative reaction. Thanks for the tip on the borac acid... does putting around the baseboards attract the fleas to go and eat it? is that how it works?

Josie: our Gazelle is off and running again!

Garance:
Sounds like you had a great workout! 62 minutes of step is awesome:) I am going over to Zappos to look at those shoes.. I need shoes for work that are comfortable but stylish that can be worn with pantsuits etc..Have to go to Borders and look at the new More magazine

Have a great weekend....

Deb;-)

Happy Saturday, All,

Deb, I don't think boric acid will attract fleas (they're after your blood), but it will kill them if they come in contact with it. If you have carpet in your bedroom, you'll also want to sprinkle the powder all over the carpet, wait a while, then vacuum it up.

Boric acid will attract roaches if it's mixed with flour or cornstarch. I believe I've heard you can also use it for ants if you mix it with sugar, but I haven't tried it.

I know for a fact that boric acid works great for roaches. I've had success with it for fleas, but it takes more than one application. It will kill the adults, but you have to keep treating for the eggs, which will go ahead and hatch.

My poor grandbaby has a big, fat lip! He's favoring that side of his mouth quite a bit. I can't tell if it's because of the stiches or the loose tooth. I sure hope he doesn't lose it, because it will be quite a few years until he gets the permanent one.

Yesterday, I did about 1/3 of Rhythmic Step, before I quit in frustration. I then did the warm-up, cardio section, cooldown, and stretch of BodyMax. That actually worked out pretty well, since BodyMax is about 90 minutes long, which is too long for me! Tonight, I plan to do the cardio/weight circuits, upper body, and abs of BodyMax.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend,
Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

I love these new shoes. They don't even feel like heels at all. I think I am going to have to order another pair in a different color. I am wearing them now with jeans.

Enough excitement about footwear. Today was my day off, but I spent the whole morning cleaning house, so I feel like I did a bit of exercise.

Gee, I had a friend who rented an apartment (it was furnished) infested with fleas. It took her awhile to figure out what was creating these red streaks on her legs and arms, but when she did, she called the owner and they had to get an exterminator, and then she had to stay out of the apartment for a couple days. It was a nightmare.

Watched Fracture last night--with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Boy, Hopkins can be so scary when he plays villains. This was a good one to rent.

Family cookout this weekend, but nothing else exciting. DH is starting his soccer refereeing season, so he's very busy.

Tomorrow I will do either Drill Max or High Step Challenge.

Enjoy the holiday!

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday.. today was Pure Strength Legs & Abs. My last week of this rotation. I think I will do one with one upper, one lower and one circuit workout, with the 3 other days cardio of some sort. I am anxiously waiting for the new workouts to have something differnt to do!:) The wedding was very nice.. however I ate stuff I would never eatx( . It's back to normal again today. DH is going fishing so I have most of the day to do things around here, like clean a closet or weed. yuk!

Jen: Do you think the boric acid is safe around the dogs? I washed all the bedding, then vaccumed the mattress. So far so good, no bites for the last 2 nights.. So sorry about the grandbaby! They bounce back pretty fast though.. adults would keep moaning and groaning about what happened! Not kids, they forget and move on;-) .

Garance:
Which shoes did you get? I went over there and looked at a bunch of new Clarks, they are pretty nice! Do they work well with jeans? Hope your cookout is fun!

I will check back later!

Deb;-)

Happy Sunday,All,

Deb, it may have been my vet who recommended the boric acid. We have dogs and cats and haven't had a problem. Boric acid doesn't work as quickly as spraying insecticide, though, because it's gentle. It's even used sometimes for diaper rash for babies.

Last night I did the cardio/lower-body weights circuit, upper body, abs part of BodyMax, and I have just one question - is Cathe trying to kill me? This is an endurance workout, all right. I was still gasping for air 15 minutes after I finished.

Today, I'm going straight to Costco after work, so won't work out. It's just as well - I'm not sure I could muster up the energy after yesterday!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

I did Gay Gasper's All Infused Step today--decided not to do a circuit workout after all. Good abs on this one, too.

Deb, the shoes I bought were the Clark's Indigo line, Belladonna style name. The reviews are absolutely right about this one. They don't feel like heels, they are super comfy, and they look great with jeans, slacks, or a skirt. They also are very in style--the chunky heel, the platform reminds me a bit of the Prada shoes I have seen in Vogue, but not quite so aggressive. Anyway, I am still thinking about buying it in another color. I bought the blue combo, but I like the mushroom as well.

Wow--a rookie pitcher for the Red Sox (22 year old) pitched a no-hitter last night. It was really exciting to watch. Apparently, if you have a no-hitter going, your teammates leave you absolutely alone in the dugout, for fear of jinxing.

I haven't done Bodymax in a long time, but I remember the pace--fast, fast, fast! BM2 is, I think, a bit easier, but I also do it on a 6-inch step and remove as much of the impact as possible.

Tonight--a leg of lamb cookout with family, and my MIL is doing the cooking. Yeah!

Enjoy the holiday!

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day to all!

Today I did an I-Tread, 40 minute, added some jogging and burned 314 calories! DH and I are planning on going to the Lands'End Inlet in Rochester, and then to the Dinosour Bar for lunch. I have not been eating as well as I should this weekend, hopefully I have not gained any weight. I don't even want to type what I have eaten..

Linny:
We will start the tracking again with tomorrow's menu!

Garance:
Those shoes are so cute!~ Not sure I want to spend that much though.. I'll have to think about it.

I will be back tomorrow am to start the week's thread..

:) Deb

Happy Monday, All,

It's nice and quiet here at work, except for a steady stream of people in the Sports department who can't get into their offices because they're locked out and need to call security. I think they need to give out a few more keys.

Sounds like everyone is having a fun weekend.

Tonight, I plan to do Christi Taylor's 9801 Hi-Low and Classical Stretch Toning & Slenderizing - sounds like more of a workout than a stretch.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

I did Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders this morning. Barbell set at 45 lbs, went down to thirty for lunges. Otherwise I used the same weights as Cathe on legs. On shoulders, dropped down to 5 almost immediately, and on the shoulder lifts, dropped from 15 to 12 on the second set of lifts. I will be interested to see if I get DOMS from this. I seldom do legs and I haven't done SH for a long time.

Lots of company today--nieces and nephews and brother and sisters-in-law--all up to see the pigs, honk DH's incredible horn on the big truck, climbing hay bales, petting horses, getting fresh produce from the garden.

The weather here has been glorious--sunny 70s, low humidity.

Tomorrow back to work--with a vengeance, since classes start on Thursday. Registration frenzy for the next few days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.