50 and Over: ~~Relax, It's the Weekend!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today is a rest day for me. We are going to a play tonight called "Crazy Mary". It is a comedy and I am looking forward to some light entertainment.

If people in their eighties are called Octogenarians, what are people in their fifties called?

Today's Menu:
protein shake with water
B: Out for breakfast, probably scrambled eggs with peppers, dry toast
S: LF Yogurt
L: something really light
S: LF Stringster, apple
D: dinner after the play
S: depends on what I have for dinner!

Jen:
Do you take benedryl? does it help at all? I did see those articles on Helio and his break up. I think there is something going on between him and Julianne. Did you see the kiss he planted on her when they did their dance over during the finale?

Garance:
I too LOL when I ready LauraMax's thread. My thoughts exactly.. " wait til you're fifty!" Did not even start Christmas shopping!

Josie:
You poor thing! We are all falling apart here. How is your back today? Glad to hear your dog is doing better. :)

Linny:
It does sound like menopause stuff.. I had the heavy bleeding thing too, maybe not as bad as what you have. It finally slowed down to almost nothing then stopped all together.:D .

Have a great day... I'll check in again later.

Deb;-)

Happy Saturday, All,

Oh, no, Josie, not you too! Poor thing - at least I hope your dog feels better! Deb, you're the only one in reasonably good shape right now - better watch yourself on stairs, etc!

Deb, Benadryl does work for me, but only if I don't take it every day. I get immune to it pretty quicikly. I have a few Zyrtec and Atarax left from my ER visit, but don't want to have to rely on them, especially after what I read on Askapatient.com. Have any of you been to that web site? Sheesh, makes you not want to take any meds.

Linny, I found a wonderful-tasting (didn't know there could possibly be such a thing) chewable iron supplement if you need one. It's from an online company, and really brought my iron levels up when I was anemic a few years ago. But eating iron-rich foods is best; I hope that works for you.

I finally had a day with no grandchildren yesterday, so did the Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps with 3-pounders. Needless to say, I feel nothing today. On to 5-pounders next week! Today, I'm doing Christi Taylor's 5004 Hi-Low, one of Cathe's Ab Hits, and stretch #2 from Cathe's Total Body Stretching.

It's perfect weather in Houston with highs expected in the mid-70s and a light breeze.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen:
Deb: Have fun tonight seeing play.Doesn't sound familiar to me. We going to movies in about half hour. I'll report on movie when I get back. Boy, I hope this is just the end of the storm.I hope I'm like you(heavy then nothing) I've been having alot of cramps today and afraid to go to far from home.
Jen: I'm going with iron rich foods for now but if I need it I may go the supplement route.I'd been taking zyrtec for 3 1/2 months and have been on at least 10 pds. Stopped taking it about a week or so ago and lost 4pds so far. So hopefully more to go.
I'm just about done with my Christmas shopping,but I have no Christmas spirit this year. I think alot has to do with family fighting. I'm unable to have my kids over here so I need to go to daughters to see them. I don't even want to decorate my house. I'll probably just do the tree and thats it. Everyone have a good weekend.~Linny~

Hi Deb, Jen, Linny, and Josie--

Wow, Josie, join the crowd! So sorry about your back. I have never had back problems (knock on wood!), but my husband has, and I think they might make me more miserable than knee problems. Hope your dog is doing better, too.

I cleaned my house, hobbling along, but getting it done. My knee continues to improve slowly.

I am having a Christmas party on the 14th--something we do every year--but this year we decided to have a lot of it catered. So I will make some sweets, DH will make his lethal nog and do a big ham from one of our pigs, and have the rest catered. It's actually a bartered deal with our caterer, who buys 3 cords of wood from DH, but would rather pay for it by catering and serving. I used to do all of this cooking and then be so exhausted that I didn't really enjoy my own party, except vicariously, by watching how much my guests were enjoying it.

Looks like snow is headed my way tomorrow night. But it's not Minnesota, which they keep showing on MSNBC. That looks like a mess.

Let us know about the movie, Linny. Have fun at Crazy Mary, Deb!

Hi Ladies:
Well back from movies saw August Rush,cute movie. A little bit of a tear jerker, good for a feel good movie. I'd give it 3 out of 4.
Garance: I like your Christmas plans. I actually don't plan on doing half of what I normally do this year. Probably order a sandwich meat platter and maybe buffalo chicken fingers and bring them over my DD's. I'll make a few goodies, not my usual insanity cooking.
Next saturday night my son asked me to babysit DGD, I haven't seen her since Halloween. I'll probably spent the night there. Maybe we'll do some christmas shopping for her parents.
DH went to get some takeout Chinese, don't have much appetite. My uterus is cramping like crazy. Grubs here~Linny~

Good Morning!

I started my 5th week with the 4DS workouts today, doing the Legs & Core work. I need to change things up a bit, but am liking this series right now and nothing else appeals.

We had a lot of snow last night and early this am. DH is out with the snow blower right now. We will be going out and doing some errands, then later experimenting with some chicken Indian dish for dinner. Garance got me started on this one!

Jen:
I hear you on looking up stuff on the web. It can get pretty scary! What about Claritin? It's not supposed to make you drowsy. That is what Benadryl does to me. It sounds like you are getting back into the weight work at the right pace, so you don;t have any set backs.

Linny:
The movie sounds like the kind you like to see this time of year. The play was strange, supposed to be a comedy but I didn't find it too funny. About a woman that was in a sanitarium for over 30 years, then her family ( 2nd cousins once removed) decide that they need to see how she is doing. ( they find out she is rich etc etc).. strange. I hope your family is able to work things out for the holidays.

Garance:
I am so with you on the catering thing. It's no fun to clean, cook, serve etc and then you are supposed to be a gracious hostess! You are lucky to have a bartering partner. Have you ever heard of the play? or read a script? its by the same writer that did "The Cocktail Hour" and The Fourth Wall. ( see note to Linny above)

Josie:
I hope you and your dog are feeling better.

Have a great day and for all of us in the north... stay warm!

Deb:)

Happy Sunday, All,

Just got back from the Christmas concert at my brother's church. It was wonderful. The church was full of poinsettias, tiny white lights, greenery, and a giant Christmas tree. The lights were off and the choir members came in with candles - so beautiful. My SIL was in the handbell choir. My brother was the featured soloist in ''O Holy Night.'' It was a wonderful break from the craziness of the holiday season.

Earlier today, I did Timesaver #1, the one with chest and triceps.

Linny, I quit putting up outside decorations when my kids moved out, and stopped putting up a Christmas tree a few years ago. My kids put them up in each of their houses and we always gather there. I don't miss the decorations a bit! I did it so many years when I had kids at home, and quite enjoy this new role. DH and I do stockings for each other and I put up a few little figurines here and there. I still send lots of Christmas cards each year.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.