50 and over : ~~ Wonderful Wednesday`~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

It is a beautiful day here...it's 57 degrees going up to 80, sunny low humidity. I love early fall weather!

Today was an I-Train and I did the first 2 segments of Tamilee's Total Body stretch. I need to do this more often.

Today's Menu:
Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder w/12 oz water/crushed ice in blender.
B: 1/2 cup cherrios with strawberries and skim milk
S: 1/2 cuo LF cottage cheese with applesauce
L: Tuna sandwich, peach, skim milk
S: LF stringster, apple
D: Lean cuisine w/some leftoverHunan chicken.
S: Slim a bear bar

Jen:
Good for you for being persistent. No one cares about your health as much as you do and you did something to make them stand up and notice! We are all with you and we know you are going to get positive results!:) Congrats on the grandchildren.:7

Garance:
Good for you for keeping up with the S&H and doing step as well! I did get the shoes yesterday. The jury is still out on whether I will keep them. I love how they look on the net, in pictures, but not sure if they are "me".. I have to look at them for a couple of days and see.

Linny:
I am doing a modified P90X.. I don't like the cardio because of the high impact.. I really torqued my knee when I did the complete 90 day rotation last winter. I think you are on the right road with your thoughts on getting into a routine with the new job etc. You will be able to set up eating times, pick good meals and before you know it you will be losing again.

Have a great day
Deb;-)

Hi Deb--

I did Kick, Punch, Crunch this morning and really enjoyed it. You're right--the fall weather is a real energizer.

Linny, the Bell Jar is an autobiographical novel by Sylvia Plath about her breakdown, suicide attempt, and recovery in 1953. She was one of those Mademoiselle college guest editors (remember those issues?)and when she got back from her stint in NYC to Wellesley, she fell into a terrible depression and tried to kill herself with sleeping pills. The novel also seems to be pretty acute about male-female issues in the 50s.

Deb, the nice thing about Zappos is that you can just ship the shoes back if they don't suit you--and for free. I have my brown ones now, too, and I just love them. I figure I'm all set now until it's time to get some new Rykas.

Taught L'Avventura (1960 film by Antonioni) this afternoon. My students were excellent, but these three hour seminars are pretty draining. Tomorrow it's just office hours and a dept. meeting.

Where is everyone??

Hi Garance

I thought I would pop back in to see if anyone was here today...
you're right where did they go!!? Did you do the whole KPC? I usually do the premix that is called "Kicking & Punching".. no impact and I get a pretty good workout from it. I have sent some shoes back to Zappos in the past... it is such a great source for shoes.

I'll be back tomorrow.. hope others will too

Deb

Hi Ladies:
Garance: Thanks for the info on The Bell Jar. I thought it sounded familiar, butI quess not. I never have done all of KPC,the parts I do are modified for sure. It was a little warmer today.I actually had to turn on my car's air conditioner.
Deb: Well my eating wasn't too bad today considering I didn't get lunch till 4,(slimfast bar).
menu for yesterday:
Spec K
protein drink
almonds
yogurt
1/4calzone
chicken/brown rice/peas
i/2 cheesecake
I went on home visits today, I enjoyed everything except when a client threw us out:-( . He was upset because he thought we should have come when the aide was there. I quess you can't please everyone.Tomorrow I have inservice on a new IV pump and more orientation. Have a great night.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.