50 and Over: ~~::Wonderful Thursday::~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I did the 4DS Biceps, Triceps and added on Shoulders. Not a bad workout. I used the warm up from the Boot Camp section since it was the same DVD. I really don;t like that jumping around! I even have to modify the warm up.x(. I am only down 1/2 pound this week. It's probably that plate of pasta I had for dinner instead of the planned Lean Cuisine. I will be going out to lunch with a friend that wants to go for Indian food.. just what I need, more heavy carbs! I will try to eat light.

Post workout: protein shake
B- cherrios w/strawberries, skim milk
s: LF Yogurt
L: Indian food
S: wheat thins & apple
D: DH surprise! ( hopefully something light)
S: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich or WW ice cream bar

Jen:
I am a Taurus, born in April. I will be 55 next year. I can't believe I wrote that!. It's a good idea to start light. The gloves should help. I need a new pair, mine are all ripped up! I also need a new stability ball. Mine will not get firm enough to use for anything except sitting on it. when Cathe uses it as an incline, I am practically on the floor!

Garance:
Be careful with that knee! I think you are doing a good thing by resting it. I agree with you on astrology. Your dinner sounds
yummy :9.

Josie:
:7 :7 :7 .. for the new baby!

Linny:
I think this new series will take her until at least Feb to get out. That will be good because it will be after the holidays and all the expense that goes with that!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Happy Thursday, All,

Josie, congratulations! I know you can't wait to meet Alex - his parents are mighty lucky to have you to take care of big brother Michael.

Deb, I constantly have to add air to my stability ball to keep it firm.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARANCE!!!

I worked Monday, but am on vacation the rest of this week. I have some vacation days I have to burn before the end of the year. We can't carry them over or get paid for them. Yesterday, DH came home at noon, and worked at home the rest of the day. He has a home repair business, and is usually on site, but needed to build some cabinets yesterday, which he can do at home. I helped him out (mostly kept the area clean, held onto the ends of boards, etc.), but didn't finish until I was too tired to work out.

A friend of ours came over, and started insulting me about thinking I could do physical work since I'm such a klutz, and I responded by offering to help him today. He works for himself, doing computer programming and setting up networks for companies, etc. Today, he is wiring an office that a company hasn't moved into yet (for Internet, phones, and fax machines), and I smarted off and said I would be his helper. Uh, yeah, this should be interesting. Well, at least I can hold the end of the cable he's running and pick up the trash. Anyway, that will probably be an all-day thing, and I'm pretty sure I won't want to work out when I get home. I think maybe I need to keep my mouth shut!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Good Morning Ladies.

Garance, Happy Birthday!

My run was great last night! Today I will be doing my upper body workout.

Jen, Stop volunteering!

Deb, Half a pound is better than nothing.

I did not have to take care on my grandson Michael, but I plan to drive to Sand Diego on Saturday and see Alex.

Josie

Hi Deb, Josie, Jen, and Linny--

I did GS BShBi today. My knee doesn't feel so bad, so maybe it's improving.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Predictably, the weather here is cold, rainy, dark, gloomy. Hogwarts on a bad day. I'm wearing a sweater I finally finished knitting, though. Looks pretty good.

Jen, was your friend goading you into proving you could help him?

Josie, I bet you cannot wait to see the new grandson. How far away are you from San Diego? Are the fires still a danger out there?

Deb, I agree with Josie--a half pound lost is an achievement for women over 50. Everything has slowed down--metabolically speaking--to a slow crawl in this body, anyway.

Have a great day everyone, and I hope the sun is shining for some of you.

Garance,

I'm only 2 hours away, so it is not so bad. The fires are gone, but they left a great deal of distruction in their path.

The weather here in LA is beautiful, it is going to be in the mid 70's on the coast. That is where I live. My husband is in Chicago on business and complains every day about how bad the weather is there.

Josie

Hi Everyone:
Garance: Happy Birthday!!! Hope you got your lobster.
Jen: Watch out with the hand,you don't want to have anything open up on you.Especially since weight lifting is right around the corner.
Josie:It was in the 60's todday in NH. On and off rainstorms, looked almost like we were going to have a thunderstorm. Weird weather for November. When we went to Huntington beach this past spring it was beautiful out there. I hope everyone gets back on their feet after the fires. Did they ever find out who started them?
Deb: If Cathes series comes out in Feb.,sounds like a great Valentine gift:) Have a great night~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.