50 and Over: ~~ Two days til the Weekend! ~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I did the Back & Biceps pre-mix from 4DS. I was smart today and did one of the warm ups first. This is pretty intense. It goes back and forth between the back work and the biceps. Just around 35 minutes with the 8 min warm up.

Did anybody watch Dancing with the Stars finale? Garance, I think you were following it? It is the only night time show I watch... now no TV until January when they start the new one with Carrie Ann and Bruno going head to head with dancing and singing teams! ( I do still tape All My Children and watch after dinner).

Today's Menu:
Post Workout: protein shake with water
B: Cherrios w/blueberries, skim milk
S: LF Yogurt
L: Ham on WW, grapes, skim milk.
S: LF Stringster, apple
D: Soup & Bread
S: WW chocolate ice cream bar

Jen:
I too and done with menopause. I have not had any symptoms ( at least not bad ones) for a while now. What does an Immunologist do?

Garance:
I can;t believe your other knee is now hurt:-(. I am sending good hugs & vibes your way: ((()))))...

Linny:
Keep us posting on the test results.

I am going for a bone density scan this morning in about an hour and a half to see if I have improved since taking the Fosamax. I have osteopenia which is the pre-curser to osteoporosis and take Fosamax once a week.

Have a great day,

Deb:)

I just want to say hi to everybody. I am sorry but I have not had much time for the forums.

Have been maintaining my weightloss pretty well. Up two pounds right now but taking steps to loose them again. Weight does certainly creep up.

One of my New Years resolutions is to take more time for myself. That will probably include visiting and posting on this forum more frequently.

Your long lost member,

Rhonda

Good Afternoon Ladies:
Deb: Good Luck with your bone scan. I've had patients on fosamax and they swear by it. I took the day off from work today. Woke up in a puddle of blood(and I wear a tampax to bed):( .Call in to Md, still waiting call back.
Rhonda: OH MY GOD! How are you? Everyone here seems to be having medical problems,hope you're ok.Sounds like you're doing pretty good in the weight loss dept. I lost 4 pds but its probably from stopping all my meds(or from all the dam bleeding).
I'll check in later~Linny~

First of all: I am almost 56 and am convinced I will never reach menopause.........This is a record I have no desire to break. I would really welcome menopause at this point.

Second: I am fine but I had to get a cycstoscopy (bladder) (spelling) and a retro x-ray to my kidney last month because of microscopic blood in my urine. That was another experience I could have done without. Somebody suggested it could have been caused by exercise.....who knows...But I don't have to have any other tests or treatments unless things accelerate. The good news is that it got me drinking much more water.

Had a bone scan last year. It was fine. Then again I may never reach menopause. I know all the Cathe weights helped. Don't have to get another for about 5 years.

Getting old sucks but the alternatives are worse.

Take care all.

Rhonda

Hi again--

I didn't do anything because of my knee, which is slightly better, but still makes me seriously limp. I am on Vicodin for the pain, which is really not necessary, but when I woke up at 4:30 this morning, I popped in 2 and went right back to sleep.

It was while watching Dancing with the Stars that I had my little slip (went to get some tortilla chips and salsa and was severely punished by the gods, I guess), so I missed the end of it because DH took me to the emergency room (you have no idea how shocking a dislocated knee can look). I think it's weird that the winner is always a man--and especially this time, when there were so many women in the final 5 or 6. What's with that, anyway?

Linny, you sound like me with the blood. I sometimes worried that I didn't have enough padding and tampaxing to get me through a class. It was HORRID! I had a grapefruit-sized fibroid that was causing me all that misery, and finally had a hysterectomy, but by laparoscopy, so my recovery time was about a week. Wisest decision I ever made, and I am so glad I delayed it until I found a surgeon to do it by laparoscopy. Regular hysterectomies have a LONG recovery time. So sorry, Linny, about your family conflicts. In some ways that kind of stress is much worse than a physical problem, because it's harder to treat and cure.

If anyone is looking for a great recipe for leftover turkey, go to Epicurious.com and type in "quick turkey curry" on the recipe search. It is sooooo good.

Well, that's my story for today. Thanks for all the sympathy.

Hello, fellow injured ones,

We HAVE had a run of bad luck lately, haven't we? Garance, what horrible bad luck for you with the knees, and you as well, Linny. Having a hysterectomy at age 28 is something I don't regret for a minute because I was having incredibly heavy bleeding for 2 weeks out of the month. I still have one ovary but had to have one removed at the time of the hysterectomy because I had bled so heavily that the blood couldn't come out fast enough, backed up the fallopian tube and burst the ovary into pieces.

I'm baby-sitting my 1-year-old grandson all afternoon because my DIL is having insulation blown into their attic and didn't want the baby breathing any stray insulation. It's highly doubtful that I'll get to an exercise DVD today, but I AM getting exercise.

Rhonda, I was just thinking about you this morning - great to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.