50 and Over: ~~ Terrific Tuesday!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning to all:

Today was P90X Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps. I love, love, this workout! I am 1.25 pounds down from Thursday... maybe I was retaining water or something which caused the weight stall. Can't blame it on TTOTM, or do you still get that after menopause?

Today's Menu:
Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder w/12 oz water/crushed ice in blender.
B: 1/2 cup cherrios with strawberries and skim milk
S: 1/2 Odwalla Protein bar
L: Ham on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: LF stringster, apple
D: Hunan chicken, salad ( maybe Wonton soup if DH gets it!)
S: Slim a bear bar

Jen:
Hopefully you are well enough to be reading this. We all want you to get better soon! Drop us a line if you can and let us know how you are doing.

Linny:
Sounds like you facing a long and tiring dayx( Hope you brought enough caffine to keep you going. The weekends are really tough for food choices, especially if you go out to eat. DH and I are so stuck on certain things that I have been able to make sure I pick somewhat good things from the menus each time. I always say that I get one "cheat" meal a week, and I save up for that one. Anything else is as good as I can make it. I found that my portion size was what was doing me in, not as much what I was eating. During the week I try to stick to 6 small meals a day.

Garance:
How is that LIC Timesaver for complexity? I wish Cathe's step workouts were simplerer.. more like Gin Miller's. My shoes should be here today :7 I can't wait to try them on. Weird question: do you wear them with nothing on your feet since it has been so hot? I think they will look really cute with colored opaques or tights in the winter, but too hot for now! Did you look at the Divine style? That party sounds funny:). Sounds like you are a tried and true baseball fan!:D

Have a great day!
Deb;-)

Happy Tuesday, All,

Deb, thanks so much for thinking of me. I was supposed to have my MRI to check for compression fractures today, but because apparently fools abound in my doctor's office as well as at the workers' comp office, they tried to put me off ANOTHER week. It's already been 2 weeks since the accident. That put me at my breaking point - I called in every favor I could think of, and found an attorney who seems to be looking out for my interests.

He's merely advising me, not charging me. I have not agreed to sign on as a client, and he has not advised me to do so, as long as I want to keep my present job. I don't know if it's because we have a mutual friend that I'm getting this treatment but it's in his best interest as well, because if I need anything legal the rest of my life I'll call him first because of the goodwill feelings. Right now, I'm checking in with him by phone once a week.

When I found out I would have to postpone the MRI again, he told me to call workers' comp and my company, told me what to say, I did, and suddenly things changed. Instead of waiting another week, I only have to wait an additional day, and that is because my appointment time had been given away.

I've been assigned a nurse by workers' comp, who is a joke. I wonder if she thinks she's fooling me by saying she's looking out for my best interests when everything she recommends will result in her insurance company having to pay less money for my care.

I'll update you guys when I have the MRI results. I hope it will be good news and I can return to work (and exercising) soon!

Jen

P.S. I can't even remember if I mentioned this before:

Updated score on Jen's grandchildren: Boys 4, Girls 0.

My son and daughter-in-law will have their second son in January. My daughter and son-in-law also have 2 boys. Where are my grandaughters? I want to buy cute little dresses! Oh well, one more boy and we'll have our very own basketball team!

Hi Deb and Jen and later posters--

I did S & H triceps, biceps,and abs. Deb, I think the step routines on LIC are pretty easy compared, say, to Rhythmic Step or Low Max.

I've been wearing stockings with my new shoes. I've just never been comfortable in heels without stockings (unless they are sandals), but the inside sole is pretty cushy, so you might like it. After all my gushing, I sure hope you like them.

Gosh, Jen, what did your lawyer tell you to say that triggered immediate action?

Well, back to work here. I teach this afternoon--The Bell Jar. Anyone here read that novel?

Hi Ladies:
Jen: Good to hear from you. Thats great that you have a lawyer friend to get advice from. Soundds like he's giving you the right info. Praying that you have no compression fractures and that you'll be feeling your self again soon. That nurse gives us caring nurses a bad namex( .
Deb:I have P90X CardioX which is pretty good. I haven't tried any of the others. Congrats on the weight loss,my weight hasn't gone anywhere yet:-( .I'm hoping now that summer is over and work has begun,I'll have more structure with meals.Yesterday was Corporate orientation(yawn)and today was VNA orientation(much more interesting). Tomorrow I will be shadowing a nurse during some homecare visits.
Garance: I agree that LIC is much easier in the step dept. StepJam is pretty easy too. Hmmm! the Bell Jar sounds familiar.Whats it about?
Have a great night ladies~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.