50 and Over: ~~ Tantilizing Tuesday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

Today was Legs & Glutes (standing only. Is it me or does someone have the speed on this turned up to 78 rpm ? ( I am showing my age now!). I could barely bend down and pick up the new weight and she was starting already.. even the warm up seemed too fast..x(

Today'sMenu:
Post workout: Choc protein drink w/12 oz water
B- 1/2 c Cherrios w/1/3 c strawberries, 1/3 c skim milk
S- L/F cottage cheese with applesauce
L: Out to lunch with corporate execs, hopefully a salad w/chicken!
S: stringster with an apple
D: Chinese takeout (Hunan Chicken w/1/2 cup rice)
S: slim a bear bar or WW choc ice cream bar

Did everyone see the announcement about the clips of the new workouts being up soon? Did anyone else have problems viewing the last ones? I still can't view those clips without a lot of starts and stops and the vocals are awful. I think you need a different media player. I asked SNM over on the "Ask Cathe" forum, hopefully they will answer today. I am excited to see these! Cathe said they are 6 minutes long.

Garance:
Wow you are really doing well with S&H! You should convince DH to get another dog! They add so much to our lives:) and nice job on not eating the bad stuff! a few pigs in the blanket will not hurt:7
actually they helped, as you were a pound lighter!

Josie:
Hope you are feeling better. I hope you are not coming down with something or possibly over training?

Linny:
Your friend sounds like she is doing exactly what I do! I always fit in a "cheat" meal once a week. I do Mexican as well, eat half then have the other half one night for dinner. I don;t feel like I am missing out on anything, and so far the weight is coming off. I really belive that for me, it is the sugar. ( p.s I got my Odwalla Super Protein bars yesterday. I didn;t read the ingredients too well, they have 16 gr of sugar each!Yikes..) We are all behind you here. You will succeed!;-)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Deb:7

Hi Deb and later posters--

A monsoon coming down here. Sheesh--it hasn't stopped raining here since Sunday. I did Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp workout today--approximately 50 minutes of hi-lo and kickbox, alternating. It's fun. I skipped the legs and butt portion since I plan to do S & H Legs and Shoulders tomorrow.

Yes, I saw that post about clips. I didn't have trouble last time viewing them, but I just wish we'd get the DVDs. Also saw that Brenda hurt her hip pretty badly.

Josie, you sound a bit down. Are you worried about your friend?

Today is a rather somber day, but I cannot understand why they are replaying the whole of 9/01/01 on MSNBC--Katie Couric and the Today coverage. Do we really need to replay old bad news? Don't we have enough current bad news? I just think it's weird. They also replayed Princess Diana's funeral on MSNBC and I didn't 'get' that either.

Kudos to you Linny for your determination.

Have a dry Tuesday somewhere!

Hi Deb and Garance,

I'm a bit sore from yesterday's workout. I feel much better today, and yes Garance I'm worried about my friend. I will be having lunch with here at noon. She is getting here treatment here at UCLA and will be here all day. Today I will be running in the evening I will probably do 6 miles.

Josie

Hi Deb,Garance,Josie and any who follow:
Deb: I have Legs and Glutes but have never played it. Now you really have me scared. I also had trouble viewing last clips but I tried the one on home page and didn't have any trouble. Maybe due to them having a new production company. Wow! I didn't realize that the Odwalla had that much sugar. I just checked the Berries GoMega and they have 20 gr and the choc. chip and peanut crunch have 14grs. I quess I'll be eating less often.
Garance: Pouring cats and dogs here too! I actually won a Kimberly Spreen dvd on Ebay the other day. It was Kickbox BootCamp, I hope its fun. I never tried any of her dvds before. I might try an Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle. They posted on VF that Brenda fractured her hip and needed a rod put in fromhip to knee. Ouch! Poor Brenda!
Josie: Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope your friend is doing better too. Please tell her that our thoughts and prayers are with her.~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from having lunch with my friend Jeannie, and she did not look good at all. I hate seeing her that way, she has always been so active, she always reminded me of the energizer bunny.

Linny, Thank you for keeping her in your prayers.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.