50 and Over: ~~ Monday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

Today was cardio and abs. I did an I-Train and the B&G Ball Core section. WOW! I don;t know why but I cannot do those oblique excercises where you lay sideways on the ball and using the band, do side lift type crunches.. I keep falling off the ball! LOL. Still a good core workout.

Today's menu:
Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder w/12 oz water/crushed ice in blender.
B: 1/2 cup cherrios with strawberries and skim milk
S: LF Yogurt
L: Ham on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: LF stringster, apple
D: Leftover Mexican from Sat lunch
S: Slim a bear bar

Garance:
Well I caved and ordered the shoes from Zappos! I read the comments/ratings and decided to just do it! One person said they look "clunky"... I sure hope not. I hope they make my feet look smaller:7 . I was going to order them in Blue, then if I like the way they look, maybe order the "Divine" in Black... but I ended up with the Black ones. If I like them a lot, I will just order them in Blue too! Did you see the Divine? They are pretty cute too.

Good for you doing that much of a circuit workout!;-) Those are tough! Your dinner sounds great and you were able to stay away from the junk they have at receptions! Make sure you let us know how the Cowpat Bingo went! Did you win:7

Have a great day

Deb;-)

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Deb: Had a busy weekend so I didn't get to download yet. My food choices weren't very good this weekend. I always fall off the wagon on wekends.Today is my first day at new job. Its all day orientation(yawn),I'm bringing plenty of caffeine.
Garance: Good for you making such good food choices. I'm going to have to check out those Zappos shoes. Well I'm off I'll check in later. Have a great day.~Linny~

Hi Deb and Linny and later posters--

I did the 48 minute Cardio Timesaver on LIC. It flew by this morning because the weather is so chilly--down in the 30s last night. Last time I did it, I was a pool of sweat and felt like I had just finished swimming the English Channel, but that's because it was so humid. Had to do a shorter workout this morning because we were having our furnace fixed at 8:15, and I needed to get my hot water shower done before that.

Oooh--let me know how you like the shoes, Deb. I don't think they look clunky, but that's because a lot of the designer shoes this fall have a heavier heel and platforms. I wear a size 7, so I'm not sure if the round toe makes my feet look any smaller. Maybe. I have already had several compliments on them. They make my legs look good, I think--longer.

The "Cocktails and Cowpats" party was really strange. First of all, it was freezing last night. People dressed in quasi-cowboy style. One particularly idiotic fellow (but very wealthy) was wearing chaps and a ten-gallon hat and kept referring to the steer (a castrated male) as a cow (intact female). The squares of pasture were auctioned off, and a lot of money went to Rural Lands, because the bids started at 200 dollars and went all the way up to 450. I think the tally was over 6000 dollars. So everyone is looking down the hill when the steer is finally let into the fenced off squares. He was clearly not happy and kept running along the fence, wanting to get out. The wife of Chaps was standing next to me, and kept saying how "proud" the "cow" looked. Noooo--to my practiced eye, this was restless pacing and prelude to a run at the fence. Finally, and totally anticlimactically, the steer squirts a tiny bit on square 7, and the whole thing is over. Took all of 5 minutes after about 30 minutes of bidding. Square 7 owners win 1000 dollars, so I guess that's a pretty good return. The band was playing western style music, but they had to go in to warm their hands pretty often because it was so chilly. The canapes were very good, but tiny. There's no way you could gain weight from them, and no one wanted cocktails because it was so cold. I had red wine. I had a good time talking with people, though.

Went to bed when Jeter hit that homerun. Very disappointing. Francona should have taken Schilling out after he gave up two hits IMHO.

That's all and quite enough from me. Hope you're doing better Jen!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.