50 and Over: ~~ It's the Weekend! ~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Hello to all that join in:

It's a wonderful weekend, weather is supposed to be sunny and warm duing the day, cooler at night. Perfect fall weather. Today is a rest day for me.

Today's Menu:
Protein shake w/supplements
B: scrambled eggs w/sweet peppers, oninons, ww toast
S: yogurt
L: not sure yet. DH will be on a fishing trip so I am on my own
S: stringster, apple
D; a Lean Cuisine or 15 bean soup

Linny:
Hope you enjoy the lake. Another good food choice day!

Garance:
Low Max really kills me and I only ever do the pre-mixes! Yes I am in the Northeast, in Buffalo NY. ..and no it is not snowing here yet! LOL We get this question all the time! What a nice thing to do for DH's birthday.. I just bought my DH a tripod for his birthday gift. He is really into his digital camera ( which I bought him for Christmas)

Josie:
When is the marathon?

Have a great weekend.

Deb;-)

Hi Deb and any later posters--

Today was my off day, so I cleaned, baked the cake for DH and tonight I will frost it. It's a terribly rich cake, so I will have to be very, very careful in MY serving size. My husband is a stringbean, probably from being in constant motion working outside.

In a previous life, I lived in Peterborough Canada for about 9 months while on an Assistant Professor's leave. It was pretty cold and snowy, but Buffalo always trumped us for snowfall.

This afternoon I have to watch Fellini's 8 1/2 again for my seminar on Wednesday. Great film! I was amused to see that the photo shoot with Sienna Miller for September Vogue was based on the film (yeah, right!) and lots of allusions to Fellini films, especially La Dolce Vita. Does anyone still know that "paparazzi" is derived from a photographer named Paparazzo in La Dolce Vita?

Tomorrow I will probably try Butts and Guts, which is a sorely neglected DVD in my collection.

Have a great weekend everyone! I will check back tomorrow.

Hi to all that check in today!

It's a beautiful day here, sunny, not too hot, no humidity.

Today was P90x Chest & Back 50 minutes, 238 calories burned

Todays Menu:
Post workout protein shake
B: Cherrios w strawberries and skim milk
S: Not sure
L: DH wants to get Mexican since we did not go yesterday
S: Not sure
D: boneless pork chop w/applesauce, salad, sweet potato
S: WW chocolate bar

Garance: how did the cake turn out? was you DH happy? What is the name of the course you teach? Peterborough is a little far from here, their weather should be about like ours. We really don;t get as much snow as even Rochester or Syracuse. Good luck with Butts & Gutts, I only did the pre-mix once, I do like the core workout with the ball.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Deb:7

Hi Deb--

I guess it's just you and me! I did (drum roll here) ALL 80 minutes of Butts and Guts this morning. I expect major DOMS. I have never tried the core work with the ball, but the core work on the regular workout is pretty demanding too.

The cake is really yummy and DH was delighted. He plans on eating half of it now and freezing the other half for later and nixed having some friends over to enjoy a taste. One of the reasons I felt like I should do a long workout this morning is that even my little slice tasted so full of calories. It's all the butter and the burnt sugar syrup both in the cake and the frosting that makes it taste like caramel. We're going out tonight for sushi. I think my husband's greedy delight will save me from eating very much of the cake, which is a good thing. Why destroy all the work I did this morning on my butt and gut?

My course is called "Auteur Cinema and the Very Long Film." It's an upper-level seminar, so after doing 6 long films by different directors, the students choose to work on one of the directors in depth. Their choices include Kurosawa, Antonioni, Fellini, Bergman, Coppola, and Bertolucci.

Tomorrow I will do cardio--not sure which one. Enjoy the rest of this halcyon weather over the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.