50 and Over: ~~ Frustrating Friday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning to all:

The reason it is frustrating is because I think I am reaching a plateau in my weight loss goal! I only lost 1/2 the last 2 weeks, and today I am up 1/4 poundx( . Is it my workouts? my eating? I have to switch up something.. eating too much? ( I don;t think so), too little? Anyway, I am trying not to get negative so I don;t just chuck the whole thing. With what Jen is going through, this is so trivial!

Today was cardio with a 40 min I-Tread interval.. burned 304 calories.

Todays Menu:
Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder w/12 oz water/crushed ice in blender.
B: 1/2 cup raisin bran w/skim milk
S: cottage cheese & grapes
L: Ham on WW, apple, skim milk
S: string cheese & 5 Triskets
D: Birthday party, hopefully they have some good dinner choices
S: I may forgo depending on what happened at dinner!

Linny:
Sounds like you are trying the Cardio + one body part rotation. I think this is what did me the most good and may be starting it again Sunday! Let me know when you have done your first download. We can compare what we think of them. Grace can get a bit annoying, but it's still a great workout!

Jen:
I hope the people at the building and your employer are supporting you in all the medical stuff etc. This is your first priority. How do you feel? Can you move around like normal or are you in constant pain? You need to focus on getting better and not on us! Don;t worry, we will be here with you all the way.

Garance:
I feel a little twinge in my lower back today, wondering if it is from the B&G workout yesterday. Not sure if I like this one or not. The core work was good and I might use it as an add-on to cardio days. This whole series kind of left me flat..some I have not even opened. You did the same pre-mix from Low Max I usually do. I don;t know how anyone can do that workout in its entirety! I think the knitter was Rhonda, who has not been here for a while. You are really making me want those shoes! I may have to look for something similar at a local store first, then if I can;t find anything similar, order them from Zappos.

Josie:
Good for you on the weight loss! :D I think the running is what is doing it for you!

Have a great day!

Deb
;-)

Hi Deb and later posters--

I did S & H Chest and Back this morning.

Deb, I found those shoes at Amazon in the color--mushroom and brown--that I wanted. They are slightly cheaper--about 5 dollars cheaper, but you cannot get the free overnight shipping. I will just have to wait awhile for them, because I took the supersave shipping, but that's okay. They are really wonderful. They have a cushiony inside sole--sort of quilted.

I went ahead and ordered the yarn from Patternworks--in Ruby--and the pattern book. I had to stop drooling. Where are you Rhonda the knitter? I knew it was someone here who was the knitter.

This weekend, a big poetry party on Saturday afternoon, a birthday dinner for a friend Saturday night, and then a fundraiser party on Sunday for a local land conservation group that my husband formerly was a board president for. It's a bit strange. You put money on a particular square of pasture, and if the cow plops some manure on that square, then you win something. It is being sponsored by a wealthy local couple. I don't know . . . . .

Hope eveyone has a great weekend--party on, girlfriends!

I'm here, overwhelmed by school work.

I love Filatura Di Crosa yarn. I don't have the current Patternworks catalog but they have really great sweaters. Let me know if I can help.

Need to go downstairs and exercise. Taken two days off and that is not good.

Rhonda

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Sorry to hear of your weight gain. Maybe its muscle. I'm going to try to download some I-Train tonite. Hopefully I can figure out how to. I have been doing cardio and 1 body part for some time now. I may be stuck in a rut.
Garance:Sounds like you have one busy weekend ahead.Good luck with the food temptations. I got my new More magazine.Has a good article on Best of Beauty of 2007.
Rhonda: The missing knitter:) . I love the little knitter under your name. Make sure you make time for you during this busy time.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.