50 and Over: ~~the day after!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well we made it through another Thankgiving dinner at our house. DH and I have been doing this for the whole family going on 20 years now. We only had 16 yesterday, which is an all time low. It is still the same amount of work whether it is 16 or 27!

I was pretty good on the eating.. a little of everything, and only a sliver of pumpkin pie, no whipped cream.

I'll be going down to the basement in a bit to do an I-Tread. Then DH and I have a lot of clean up to do. Mostly putting away all the large pans, crock pots, tables & chairs etc. We have to move all our furniture and set up banquet tables to have enough seating.

Linny:
I am sure your test will be ok and it is menopause that is doing this. I had the same thing done when it was happening to me.

I hope everyone had a great day and is ready to start back to normal eating and working out again!

Watch out for those Black Friday Shoppers!

Deb;)

Hi Deb and those to follow--

Yesterday and today my knee feels good, but because it is so unpredictable, I am still doing only weights. I didn't do anything yesterday--except watch the dog show on TV and a lot of standing, cooking--but today I got up and did PS ChShTri. Checked the scale--no weight gain so far.

I was pretty careful about taking small portions of everything, so I didn't feel all bloated and uncomfortable. It was a lot of fun seeing my "boys" and our guests included a professional photographer who took a lot of pictures of us.

You couldn't drag me out at 4 A.M. to go shopping if you paid me. That's just zany and I really don't get it. An orgy of spending after an orgy of eating leading to an orgy of eaters' and buyers' neglect when the scale goes up and the credit card bill arrives.

Thought you might find these rock star updates of their hit songs from a birthday card I received:

Ray Charles' "What'd I Say?" (a minute ago)
Rolling Stones's "Jumpin' Jack Hot Flash!"
Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to the John"
Beatles' "With a Little Help from Depends"
James Brown's "Papa's Got a Brand New Hip"
Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Lose Your Liver"
Bob Dylan's "Like a Kidney Stone"
Willie Nelson's "On the Throne Again"
The Who's "Talkin' 'Bout My G-G-Gerontologist"
Otis Redding's "Try a Little Maalox"

Have a great post Turkey Day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.