50 and Over: ~~ "Saturated "Saturday & Sunday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good afternoon to all:

Well we go rain last night and DH and I were caught in it walking 6 blocks to our car after the birthday party! I have never been that wet in the rain beforex( .

Today is my "rest" day, so DH and I decided to rip up the wall to wall carpeting in our bedroom ( 15 X 22) and get some orientals to cover the hardwood floor instead. OMG! did you ever try to rip up wall to wall? Needless to say, I have slivers, and punctures from the nails and staples in that strip thing they put around the baseboard that the carpet attaches to! We did buy 2 rugs, one 5 x 7 and one 4x6. We decided to put a plain beige one under the dog crates on the one side of the bed and the 2 new ones on one side and in front. Anyway, I decided to take a brake from the "rest" and start the thread for the weekend.

Todays Menu:
Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder w/12 oz water/crushed ice in blender.
B: 1/2 cup cherrios with strawberries and skim milk
S: none
L: Mexican at our favorite restaurant in between rug buying!
S: None yet
D: Not sure, I am thinking hamburgers with baked beans
S: Slim a bear bar

Garance:
I went over to Amazon and saw the shoes there after your post. You are correct, they are a little cheaper, still free shipping but not overnight like Zappos. I think I will make a trip to DSW tomorrow and see if there is anything out there like these. I will most likely break down and buy the Clarks. You sound like you are having one busy weekend!

Rhonda:
Welcome back!:7

Linny:
If I can download these, anyone can because I am no computer genius! You can download right to your desktop, then burn the CD from there. The More article looks good, may have to go to Borders or Barnes & Noble and check it out.

Well back to cleaning the floors!

Deb;-)

RE: 50 and Over: ~~

Good Morning!

Well we finished the room at about 8:00 pm last night.. it looks great. My knees are killing mex( but it was worth it.

I am going to start a modified P90X rotaion today, using all the upper body workouts and subbing for cardio with I-Treads, using Pilates for the Yoga and the Tamilee stretching instead of Tony's. Just to mix things up a bit!

p.s anyone else having trouble viewing the older dvd clips? Lots of people reported on the Open and Ask Cathy forum can no longer view these. I am one of them! Supposedly SNM thinks it's our version of Media Player but no one has changed anything. Dave ( the guy who is really computer savy) thinks Windows did an automatic update and messed everyone up. I think he is right

I'll be back later!

Deb:)

RE: 50 and Over: ~~

Hi Deb and any other weekend posters--

I did the High Step Challenge (68 min.) this morning. I really do like this workout for the variety, but I also do some modifications to eliminate the higher impact moves, and I do the step-ups on a 12 inch step, not 14 inch.

The poetry reading, symposium yesterday was very interesting. The two poets were very different from one another. Not sure I will buy either one of their books, though. The first poet just seemed to be reading one long poem. She should have introduced each poem to give her audience some idea of what it was about, because you couldn't tell from her voice. The second was kind of gimmicky.

Dinner last night was excellent--an appetizer of a grilled tomato soup with a cheese-filled brioche and a "lighter fare" choice of mussels in a wine, garlic broth. Had some bread to sop up the juices and a Manhattan before and a glass of white wine with my meal. No dessert, and no smidgen at the reception earlier. So I was very good.

Tonight is, yes, the "Cowpies and Cocktails" party--what you described as Cowpat Bingo, Deb. Still seems a little weird to me, since I see enough manure up on our farm and don't find it to inspire a party mood--or much of anything else, for that matter. I think we will probably leave early to watch the Red Sox. I hope they hammer the Yanks!

Deb, you may find something that LOOKS like those shoes, but it's the way they FEEL that I find so remarkable. They just don't feel like heels at all. You should try them from Zappos and if you don't want them, they pay for the return shipping. I've done this twice in the past when I tried some shoes on, wore them around the house for a bit, and it was pretty clear that I was not going to be able to tolerate them.

Rhonda, if you do get the Patternworks catalog, it's the sweater on p. 58. The yarn is named "Superior." It doesn't look that hard to make--just two out of the four lozenges are colored in to indicate difficulty.

Well--back to some work before the party. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.