50 and Over *Thursday*

linnyrn

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:
I don't see ya Deb so I'll start the day.
Did LIC and triceps from PUB, feel energized. Son came over at 8:30 last night, too late for me to walk. So he went on his own.Good for him! It took me awhile to get him motivated to work out but I think he finally gets it.
Sunday is my wedding anniversary, 7yrs and still happy. Went and ordered a cake for us. Too bad I have to eat it.
Have a great day ladies.~Linny~

Good morning Linny and all that follow!

I took today and tomorrow off from work, so did not get up at the usual 4:30, slept in till 5:30! Did an I-Tread and KPC Abs+ stretch. I really like this ab work and the stretch is good for what I believe is Piriformis Syndrome ( someone on this site mentioned it and I am so grateful!.. to find out it could be this and not another herniated disk!.. Cathe actually does a stretch in KPC that is recommended for this problem..

Linny: good for your son to do the walk on his own! His Mom must have some good influence on him! Happy Anniversary .. and go ahead and eat that cake! You're turning into a real chemist with mixing the foundations! Let us know how that works out.

Rhonda: you lucky stiff getting off for the summer! Have not heard much about Channel and moisturizers.. interesting.

Kathy H: When I first bought PP/SS, I liked PP a lot, but never could warm up to SS.. I will need to try some more of the pre-mixes. I did read some of that thread on the make-up,which lead me to ask here, because I believe us "over 50 crowd" have different issues to deal with! Looking forward to your review on "Squeeze"

Josie: come on girl! get back in the game! weights are challenging and make you feel strong and unstoppable! What weight workouts do you have? I agree with KathyH, you need to try something new..if you always do total body, do a 3 day split etc.. or design your own (like using the Body for Life workout style) and crank up your own tunes! that always gets me going.

Off to do errands etc

Have a great day!

:D :D :)

Morning Ladies!

Deb: Good for you for taking from work. I was LOL over you getting up at 5:30!! That's the time I wake up every morning to get to work. I always forget about KPC. I should do the core work & the stretch. Thx for the reminder. I had requested Cathe to do a superset workout, however, I feel that's not what we got. I still like SS though. It does have a lot of equipment changes & if your not ready for it, you miss out on a few reps. Can't stand that.

Linny: I wish your son could get my son motivated. He's more academic not at all athletic. I've tried everything. He's inconsistent w/his workouts. Good for your son doing his walk w/out you. Happy Anniversary! I agree w/Deb that you should eat that cake. I know I would.}(

I did last night the Full Body Squeeze workout. I started out using 5#s for Arms & had to drop my weight to 2#s!!!!:eek: You have to keep your arms elevated for practically the entire arm workout hence dropping the weights. That burned! I really enjoyed the leg exercises as my problem areas are glutes & inner thighs. Just using your body weight & holding onto a chair you do a lot of pulses in a deep squat position & squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. lol My legs were burning & shaking at the end of the workout! The ones I didn't click with were the feet up against the wall lying on your back position working your hamstrings & butt. My feet kept pushing me away from the wall which is not what your supposed to do. I still have to do Power Squeeze & Custom Squeeze to get the full benefit of leg exercises. I plan on doing my legs 3x a week doing all the Squeeze leg exercises + adding on some of Cathe's exercises from Butts & Guts. That oughta do it!}( Also its weird that Tracy Effinger put stretches in BEFORE your leg work. Don't understand the concept of this. I'll report more as I do all the exercises next week.

Josie: What have you decided on for your weight work? I'll keep badgering you until you write me back a rotation that you've planned.}(

Tonight I have to be at my son's high school. He was selected for a science research SOAR program next year (10th grade). Next year he'll be away for the entire summer working on a special science research project with a doctor from a university. My son hopes to go into the medical field as a lab research scientist. I'm quite proud of him & all his accomplishments! Sorry for bragging. All the teachers will be discussing the program. No workout tonight.

Have a wonderful day! BBL, Kathy:D

Hi Ladies:
Got back a little bit ago from walk with son. He says his mind feels so much clearer when he exercises. His job has been really getting him down and these walks have really help the situation.
Kathy: You should be bragging. Thats wonderful, to be that young and know what you want to do with his life.When my son was in the 10th grade working out wasn't a priority. I'm sure he'll come around especially since he has such a good role model.
Deb: You get up at 4:30 in the morning? Ouch! I thought I was bad getting up at 5. So far the mixing of foundation is working except I'll have to do the water test soon to see if it holds up.
I think I will have some cake}( Linny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.