50 and Over- *Monday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning and welcome to the start of a short week! I love holidays, only wish it was on a Monday or Friday.. Today was SH chest with 20 minutes of an interval I-Tread.. used my MP3 for the first time. It worked out well. I just need to get a differnt case or holder, one that clips on your waistband,

Garance: I have never done Drill Max, good for you for modifying where you needed to..Hope your knee feels better after the shot.

Jen: I would gladly tell your supervisor that she need to weigh the benefits they are getting (doesn't sound like many if paying customers are not using the site) from having you there on weekends against the money spent.. ( do you get more pay for these hours?) Sounds like your grandson was the hit of the recital!

Have a great day, BBL

Deb:)

Hi Deb,

I guess evryone else is already on vacation. I had a great workout
weekend. I did a 2 hour bootcam workout on Saturday that included running, I also walked 3.5 miles with my friend. On Sunday I did the sand dunes 4 times and the stairs 3 times, I had to cut it short, because it was very hot.

Today I will take a rest day.

Have a great day!

Josie

Hi Deb and Josie and ladies to follow--

I did Squeeze today and really felt it. I still haven't done the second two sections--just the Full Body Squeeze. My knee is feeling better. Maybe it was Friday's BM2 all-cardio blast, followed by 4 hours of cleaning on Saturday, and then Drill Max yesterday that really made it feel terrible. I went ahead, though, with the appointment for a cortisone shot on July 9. It just plain works for me.

My younger son was home for a brief visit yesterday and today. He works for CATZ (acronym for Conditioning and Training Zone, a really revolutionary type of conditioning and training program), but he is creating a conditioning program for local hockey players, so he is going to be back and forth from Boston the next several Mondays. He was watching some of the Squeeze moves this morning and thought they were very efficient and well-instructed, which pleased me--because he doesn't like some of Cathe's routines for me--especially the lower body lunges and squats and step-ups. He thinks there are too many repetitions for older knees and hips. He especially told me to lay off the Pyramid Lower Body because he thinks there are too many repetitions. He also says that unless you can do a fairly deep squat, you are putting your knees at a greater physiological challenge with partial squats. He recommended, too, that I should just use a dowel as a brace (threading it between my forearms and back of the neck) to keep my shoulders back when I squat, because the tendency is to lean forward when you have weight on your shoulders, and this also compromises the knee. He thought the Squeeze squats were excellent for avoiding this.

It feels more like fall than summer here. Yikes! I almost turned on the heat this morning.

Watched Blood Diamond last night. Very good film! I am looking forward to seeing Live Free or Die Hard, 1468, the new Harry Potter film (and book!).

ttfn as Tigger would say

Just finished a major project of customizing a speech output device for one of my students. I feel like a big load had been taken off. Extended School Year (summer school) begins next week and I needed to have it done by then.

This morning I did the Drill Max premix with drills and upper body. It was fun.

Been working on taking off wallpaper in my daughter's room. What a yucky job.

Lovely day here in the eighties.

Regards to all,

Rhonda

Hi Ladies:
I lucked out this weekend. It was my last weekend on call and no one called. Yippee! Its a good thing because I had hives most of the weekend. Went for a ride on the boat it was a little cool, temp change made me get hives. So thought well I'm going to take benedryl right when I get up. No problems till about hour later went to help my husband cover the boat. It was kinda cool, so I ended up with hives all over even nose and around my mouth. I had to wrap myself in blanket and husband hug to get my body temp regular again.I am getting so tired of this.
The nurses at work I telling me that my boss is going around asking everyone what I'm telling them as the reason I'm leaving. She told one nurse "Its cause of me isn't it?" Hope she breaks out in hives}(
Deb: I'm so happy its a short week too. No work for me wednesday and thursday.
Rhonda: I think I'm going try Drillmax again maybe tomorrow.
Any of you ladies going to do thr presale? I thinking about it.~Linny~

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.
hi ya'll, i live in s. texas. we were outside all day today riding and bathing. it is so unbelievably cool for this time of year. i love it. i could take this every summer. but i have to remember, it is july, it won't last much longer.

jen , i have a 2 yr old granddaugter and a 6mo. old grandson. we are going to visit them tomorrow. aren't grandkids fun????:)
my granddaughter loves to ride. she definately has the horse bug!
who was it that said they used to have horses? it was on the weekend thread and i don't remember. how come ya'll don't keep a running thread? i have a hard enough time remembering all the replys, i'll never remember when they're on different pages.

cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.