50 and Over - *Monday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

Did an I-Tread today and Abs of Steel #2. Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend. After dinner last night ( including cake! ), I really have to start watching what I am eating.

Garance: you watch R&K too? I tape it and watch it at night, after a soap that I have been watching for 30+ years! A lot of people don;t like Kelly, but I do and I love how her and Regis are together. Usually I watch the monologue, and only the rest if there is something or someone I am interested in.

Rhonda: Glad you are sticking with the Squeeze workout.. let us know if you are going to continue.. someone (?) over at the Open forum said they are not liking it anymore ..sounds like you have a busy day today!

Melrose: I didn't know that glucosomine raised blood sugar! good to know. I don;t have that problem but it is good information.

Question for the day: who is this and what workout?

"enough with the boards.. move the boards out of the way and prepare for single count lunges.. sideways on the mat.."

Have a great day all!:)

Deb

Good Morning Deb and those that follow:
Haven't posted last couple of days, I was at the lake. I had fri,sat and sunday off and spent it there. So relaxing. This week I'm off wed,thurs,fri and plan on spending as much time as possible there. My job has been really stressing me: (
I started breaking out in hives this past week.At first I thought it was exercise induced but I'll just be sitting doing nothing and they pop up. Weird.Have to take Benedryl, which zonks me.
Hey Deb Ihad cake too. My hubby loves buttercream rasberry filled cake, so since it was fathers day.I'm with ya on the watching what I eat. I'm hoping to have time to purchase ebook this week. How long does it take to print?
Did LIC and abs today.Have a great day~Linny~

Did the cardio premix in Low Impact Circuit and yoga stretches.

My question of the day: Has anybody researched how the different suppliments we are taking go together?

Rhonda

Good Morning!

I've been MIA this weekend. Too busy to post.

Saturday's workout was Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest (kickboxing) for 60 min. Took DH out to dinner. Had a chocolate martini. It was a special occasion as I kept telling myself. lol Sunday went on a bike ride w/DH & DS. Only went 8 mi. as my son almost passed out.;( The only thing he had to eat for breakfast was a muffin & nothing to drink. He bonked. He couldn't wait to return to the car to lie down. When will this child ever listen to me?

BFFM doesn't include chocolate martinis, Klondikes, Skinny Cows or cake. Oy!}( What the heck we'll get back on track right?

Rhonda: I read your post re computer # being stolen! How awful. How did it happen? I'm concerned now too as I bought some dresses in a boutique shop on Friday & when I glanced at the receipt, my entire credit card # was listed. Doesn't it usually have most of the # XXXX'd out? Should I be worried about this? I'm just sick thinking about you & all the vendors you had to call.

I'm happy that WW's Flex Plan is working for you. All of us are different & have different goals. Whatever plan your consistent with, then that's the one you should stick with.

Linny: Being at a lake does sound relaxing. Was it warm enough to go swimming? I'm sorry to hear about your stress. I'm stressed too due to a possible takeover. May lose my job.;(

Question of the day re supplements: I take Actonel, Nutriferon (Shaklee) for my sinuses & a multi vit from Shaklee + flaxseed oil. That's it.

Question: Lately my left knee has been bothering me. What supplement should I take for this?

I guess I shouldn't tell you ladies what poundage I use for chest press & flyes. I go pretty heavy. I do a lot of pullups & chinups for my back which is giving me wrist problems. Not sure if I should back off from doing these. Getting old is a pain!x(

I don't have precious time to do other hobbies that I enjoy which is photography. When you get up at 5:30 & don't get home from work until 6:30, it doesn't leave much time for anything else. Thank goodness my DH likes to clean the house!:7

Tonight's workout is Muscle Max in its entirety.

BBL. Have a wonderful day! Kathy:D

Hi, everyone--

I did Squeeze again today and I really, really felt it in my arms--especially my shoulders. I think I was already somewhat fatigued from the Absolute Kickboxing Kimberly Spreen workout yesterday with the body bar intervals. Anyway, I am feeling achy and sore at the moment.

I have no idea how all my supplements interact with one another, but I tell my doctor what I take and he doesn't look alarmed, so it must be okay.

Last night I splurged with a parfait for dessert: bottom of Kahlua, ice cream, raspberries soaked in peach liqueur, more ice cream, more raspeberries and a big dollop of whipped cream. Actually, Agatson doesn't think ice cream is nearly as bad as cake, cookies, pastries, pies, etc. so I didn't see the scale creep up this morning at all. It was a long night because my in-laws had to watch the end of the U.S. Open Golf tournament before dinner, and I was hungry before they came. I guess it was kind of exciting--down to the last shot--but I just can't get into watching golf. I was very disciplined and didn't eat a single chip with salsa to sate my growling stomach.

I go back a long way with Regis and first Kathie Lee and now Kelly. I think she is hilarious and her interactions with Regis are priceless. My impression is that she is much less polarizing to audiences than Kathie Lee was, but I don't pay too much attention to what fans say. I actually won back when Kathie Lee was on--4000 dollars (that was when they were giving away cash) and 500 dollars from some fish place. Once you win, it's hard not to stay hooked.

When I was studying for my Ph.D. oral exams (1969-70), I actually got hooked on All My Children when it was just starting because that was the only 30 minutes of the day when I wasn't studying. I would so look forward to it. I got unhooked much later, largely because it just seemed absurd for Erica to be on her umpteenth marriage. The problem with soaps is that they just don't provide closure.

Tomorrow is up in the air. Definitely Cardio, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Have a great Monday, everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.