50 and Over: **Monday Back to Work Blues!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:
It looks like everyone was pretty busy this weekend.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and and limited the amount of leftovers eaten. I gave 1/2 of a pumpkin pie away to my DD last night. I had to get it out of the house as it kept calling to me from the refrigerator!

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread.

Today's Menu"
Post Workout: protein shake with water
B: Cherrios w/blueberries, skim milk
S: LF Yogurt
L: Turkey on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: LF Stringster, apple
D: Black Bean soup

I have to get back on track with eating after this weekend.. I had a Christening yesterday and a luncheon right afterwards. The lunch was not too bad, but I did indulge in the ice cream afterwardsx( . My goal of losing 30 pounds by Feb 1, is coming up pretty quick and I am only at the 17 pound mark.

Have a great day!

Deb;)

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Deb:Wow! Thats great 17pds loss.Just think you're over halfway there. I've only lost 4 so far. Saw some pictures of my DH niece wedding in October,I didn't realize how fat I really lookx( .I would like to get down to 140 by Feb.
Well found out why my son was so sick Thanksgiving, brought him to ER yesterday,he has mono again. The poor kid,he's hurting.
Off to work have a great day everyone.~Linny~

Happy Monday, All,

And I do mean happy because I had a miserable holiday weekend. I started itching all over Wednesday night. Thursday morning I'd had no sleep so called my GP and endocrinologist. Naturally, they were both closed until today. I tried Benadryl, both the oral tablets and the cream, bathing in oatmeal soap, hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera, everything possible over-the-counter. Nothing helped. Yesterday, a rash developed also and I couldn't take it any more, so went to the ER. I was afraid they'd make me wait forever since it wasn't an emergency, but the triage nurse took one look at me and took me to a room. I must have looked pretty bad. The doctor came right in too. By this point, my lips had started swelling and I was having a hard time swallowing. He started an IV, and gave me steroids, Benadryl, and Pepcid. I started feeling better almost immediately. I left as soon as the IV was finished - I've never had such a short ER visit - it was great! We finally found a pharmacy that was open late on Sundays, and I came home with Medrol dose-pak, Atarax, and Zyrtec. I'm slightly itchy this morning, but expect that to calm down after a few days of meds. If it happens again, I'll have to see an allergist. I hadn't eaten or used anything new, so have no idea why this happened.

Linny, so sorry you and your son had an ER visit as well. My brother had 2 bouts of mono when he was young, and it really wiped him out. I hope your son feels better soon.

Also, Linny, I felt so sorry for you when I read about your battle with hives, but now that I have a first-hand inkling of what you've been dealing with, I really feel for you. How did you stay sane through the worst of it? Did anything help you other than steroids (other than not exercising of course - yuck)?

Deb, a 17-pound loss is quite an accomplishment - you go, Girl!

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Ladies,

Back to work again! Deb, you are no kidding about the Monday Blues.

I had a great weekend and ate too much. I also have to get back on track. Today I will be doing some Pilates and cleaning the house when I get home.

Jen, Sorry to hear about you rash, I have been there myself. I usually got them when I had a great deal of stress.

Linny, Sorry to hear about your son! Hope he get better soon.

Josie

Hi everyone--

I did the upperbody premix on 4ds again yesterday. This one really seems to get my shoulders. Today I did 3 miles walking with Leslie Sansone, music only. It seems to be okay with my knee, which has been really good since Thanksgiving.

Wow, Jen, that sounds absolutely horrible. I wonder what it was that caused such a scary reaction.

Sorry about your son, Linny. Mine were very jolly on this visit and kindly saved me from eating very much. Together with my husband, they like pie for breakfast. They ate, watched football ad nauseam, drank beer, worked out a couple times, went shopping, and out for drinks with old friends at night. The "Asian persuasion" is brilliant and lovely. A computer engineer. I wonder how that will turn out.

Deb, you should be proud of those 17 lbs gone. Even if you just maintain your weight through the holidays, that would be an accomplishment. Apparently the average weight gain from Thanksgiving through New Year's Eve is 3-5 lbs. So just hang tough!

My last set of papers were absolutely awful. It's very depressing when you watch students make great strides with their writing and then fall back into previous egregious habits. One student kept using "seems," "appears," "suggests." Not a single active verb.

Hi Ladies: Thank you for all the well wishes for my son. Saw him tonight his throat is like a small slit. He has been taking pain med(Lortab)which only is effective for about 1 hour(suppose to work for 6 hrs).Tomorrow he is to go to primary md and I asked for a ENT referral. I get so worried about his breathing.
Jen: I was also taking zyrtec,zantac,and doxepin. My allergist says that the "cocktail" he normally prescribes. But I have stopped taking them about 2 weeks ago because of the weight gain. I've lost 4pds but I have been itchy as h*ll at times.Especially when I go outside and my hands get cold or when I excerise.
Garance: Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.Hope your students get back into the routine.
Josie: Are you near the new fires? I heard Malibu was getting them now.
Have a good nite~Linny~

Hi Linny,

Yes, I'm near the fires, but they said on the news that it was 100% contained. I did not get ash on my car from this one.

The Santa Ana winds are supposed to start up again tomorrow, so pray that they don't work against the firemen.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.