50 and Over: ** Tuesday**

fox2star

Cathlete
Happy Tuesday!

Well we just need to get through today and we can have a day off ! I slept until the alarm this morning so I lost about 20 minutes of workout time..x( Ended up doing SH Back, including the plank part, which I count as a core workout. Will need to up the cardio tomorrow to make up for it.

Any special plans for the 4th?

Josie: You really outdid yourself with the workouts this weekend! Godd job!

Garance: I would agree that BM3 and DM would do something to your knee due to the impact, even with modifications. I find that step does that to mine, and I modify all the time. Your son's job sounds really interesting. It is pretty cool here today too.

Rhonda: will you be teaching summer school? Good for you on the wallpaper project! One of my least favorite things.. I have someone do it for us.. DH and I wallpapered the front hall together years ago and we both said "Never again"! If you can do that and stay married, you have a good chance of lasting "till death" LOL!

Linny: I hope this is the end of the hives for you, once you get out of the job. When is your last day? I also hope that boss is repremanded in some way after how she treated you! I did the pre-sale, because I want another heavy weight workout, even if the cardio is too high impact, I can modify or do something else. The pre-sale price was too tempting to pass up for 4 workouts!

Cathy: how fun to have grandchildren and horses! We keep a running thread for Sat/Sun only because not too many people come on the boards on the weekends. Then I start a new thread every weekday. I will start one tomorrow but depending on everyone's holiday plans, we may not get a lot of participation..

Have a good day!

;-) Deb

Good Morning Deb and Ladies,

I ended up doing a full body weight training program yesterday. It felt good. Today I will do my Cardio Coach at lunch and maybe spinning this evening. Tomorrow I will be going to the sand dunes and doing the weights again.

I started a begining weight program that will last 4 week, because I feel so out of shape when it comes to weights. After these 4 week I will go back to Cathe. I pre-ordered the new series and can't wait to get them.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!

Josie

Hi Deb and Josie and later posters--

Today I did Petra Kolber's PK Step, and sure enough, my knee started feeling wretched afterwards. It's okay now with ibuprofen, but boy am I ready for that cortisone.

No special plans for the fourth other than steaks and a cookout. It sounds like it's going to rain anyway. I'm not a big fan of fireworks because of appendicitis several years ago on the fourth, and the fireworks were in a school park immediately behind the house I was renting that year. So I associate fireworks with gut-wrenching pain.

I think I will do the all-upper body CTX tomorrow.

Happy Independence Day, everyone (although I am not feeling very patriotic with all of the crooks, cronies, and creeps in Washington minding the national store)!

Happy Tuesday, All,

The foot is slowly getting better, thanks for asking. Yesterday I did Drill Max, the whole enchilada. Whew, that was tough! Tonight, I'm doing Christi Taylor's Happy Hour Hi-Low. That'll be mentally tough!

It does seem unseasonally cool, doesn't it? I don't remember ever being this far into the summer without having one of those days where it's so hot that it just takes your breath away as soon as you walk outside. I'm sure those days are coming, though.

garance, I know you're impatiently awaiting your cortisone shot. I had one in my thumb in April, but the orthopedist says no more than one is allowed. My trigger thumb came back full force last week, probably because of jamming my hand when I fell, so now I have to either pray it goes away or have surgery. It's pretty sad when you have to beg for a shot that hurts so much!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!
Jen

Big news: I just bought a pair of size 8 jeans.....it has been years. Feeds good to be in my old size. Five more pounds to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did Kick Max low impact premix this morning. It was fun! I love Cathe!

Tomorrow will be stripping more wallpaper. Then washing walls. Then patching, sanding, priming, and finally painting. I will never wallpaper another room again. What was I thinking?

Everybody have a great 4th. Take it easy....we need to do some "mending." No more injuries....................

Regards,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.