50 and Over "Turmoil" Thursday~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

I am off work today and tomorrow...taking a long weekend. I just wanted to start the thread for today... I will be back after workout and breakfast!

Deb:9

RE: 50 and Over

I'm Back!

Just finished the Standing Glutes & Abs premix from Butts & Gutts. The write up said it was 39 minutes, but it took me 53 minutes with all the pausing to change things etcx( Hopefully I will get better at that part. I really like the ab/core work in this. It has a lot of different things. I think I need a new stability ball. Mine is so squishy (is that a word? LOL) that I can;t do some of the things correctly. This is a good workout for those that like Freestyle training. I hope I get some DOMS from it.:7

"Turmoil" refers to what my guest bedroom is right now and I had to take the day off to get in enough shape in case my Dad decides to sleep over tomorrow night! We are having a surprise 60th birthday party for my brother and my Dad has a hard time driving at night. If he doesn;t feel up to driving home ( 50 miles) he will stay with us. I have to find the bed!:+ This has been our "junk" room for a while now.

Menu for Today:
B: Oatmeal with skim milk, flaxseed, and cantalope
S: cottage cheese & grapes
L: ? DH is off fishing and said we may go out for lunch when he gets back.. hopefully I can talk him into going to our local diner where I get my open chicken souvlaki salad.:9
S: string cheese & apple
D: ? have not decided

Jen: I cannot believe what they put you through! I am usually not in favor of lawsuits ( some are trivial), but this is awful. The should be running scared and giving you anything you need! I hope the MRI turns out ok.

Josie: Kudos to you for keeping the pacer going!:D

Garance:
How are you liking your S&H week? sounds like your seminar was a success.

Linny:
Your menu looked good. Do you use turkey bacon or regular? I don;t have any of the strenght I-Trains. I have mostly treadmill, one circuit which uses the eliptical and weights. For that one they give you something to print when you get the download. Maybe they do that with the weight ones as well. I have a core one too. I love the treadmill interval ones that use the incline and vary with speed as well. I have the GNC brand of protein powder, in chocolate and vanilla. I use it to take all my vitamins/supplements in the am right after my workout. Good find on the Teva hikers! I just got a battery for our portable phone for under $10! they are usually $19 at Radio Shack..

Have a great day!

Deb
;-)

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Actually it was reg bacon. My DH and I had gone to bkft and that came with meal. I'm going shopping for blank cds,so I can download some I-Trains. I did Kickmax and tris from PUB today. I cant do challenge part of Kickmax, too much jumping. I don't hear too many people wanting DOMS;-)
Heres yesterday menu:
Spec.K w/milk(I'm a creature of habit)
Protein Drink
Fruit cup w/blueberry muffin
Ham w/bread
Turkey Burger
sm.cake w/light icecream(made cake w/eggbeaters)
I'll check in later~Linny~

Happy Thursday, All,

You ladies don't know how much your good wishes mean to me. I'm afraid this may turn into a long road, and I don't like some of the endings I'm envisioning.

Deb, I haven't contacted a lawyer yet because I've always thought like you - there are so many frivolous lawsuits. But I'm wondering if I'm getting in over my head trying to do this on my own. Yesterday, a friend said to me, ''If your doctor suspects you may have compression fractures, why aren't you in a back brace as a precaution right now? Why wait until the MRI?'' That made me stop and think.

My inclination is to wait until I see how this plays out medically before I get an attorney involved, but now I don't know. And, of course, I don't know any attorneys and everyone I trust to speak with doesn't know an attorney who specializes in these kinds of cases. I really don't want to just open the phone book and point. Maybe I'll do some Internet searches to see if Houston attorneys have been rated by their peers.

Thanks again for listening, and I promise to respond more to what's going on in all your lives soon. Right now, I just can't seem to concentrate.

Jen

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen and later posters--

Jen, has anyone contacted OSHA about this? It just seems like such a terrible case of negligence that could have been prevented. I think you should try to find a lawyer, too, to make sure you are compensated if this turns into a long-term disabling condition--whether or not it's a fluke accident or a case of negligence by the elevator company.

I did the 45 minute premix on Low Max--the first four intervals plus warm-up and cooldown. Another S & H tomorrow and another next week. Then I think I will move on to some other weights. Deb, you have inspired me again to try Butts and Guts--my least used DVD by far.

Linny, do you by any chance get the Patternworks catalog for yarn? I just got their Fall catalog and I am drooling over a sweater on p. 58 made from a yarn that is 70% cashmere and 30% silk by Filatura Di Crosa. The sweater has these gorgeous bell sleeves below the elbow and a V-neck with a ruffled collar. It's really pretty, and it is not supposed to be hard to make. If you do, tell me what you think, since I know you are a serious knitter.

I LOVE my Belladonna Clark's shoes. I want to get them in the mushroom color too because they are soooo comfortable, but they appear to be out of my size. Don't feel like heels at all. I wore them all day yesterday and have them on again today. I just cannot believe it because the lower kitten heels I bought last year were just so uncomfortable. I have one bunion and these shoes don't bother it at all.

Back to drooling here. I cannot decide whether to buy because I have two unfinished knitting projects from last year.

Hi Deb, Linny, Jen and Garance,

I will be running this evening. I still don't know how many miles I'm going to run yet, I will just play it by ear.

Garance and Linny, I wish I could knitt. My grandmother taught me how to crochet, but I have not made anything in a while.

As of this morning I have lost 3lbs. I could not believe it, because my food has not been very clean. I'm at 165lbs at 5'6".

Have a great evening!

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Garance: I'm not the knitter,maybe Deb is. I wish I could but I just don't have the patience.
Jen: Get Well soon! Be oh so careful with your back.
Josie: Congrats on your weight loss. Do you think having the trainer help with the loss? I'm 163 and 5'4",and not happy about it.
Hope you ladies have a great night.~Linny~
Hey Deb! I remembered to buy the cd-r's.

Hi Linny,

I do think that the trainer has helped. I'm accountable to someone that checks on me every week. We are still like kids!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.