40s - week of May 10th

fitover40

Cathlete
I don't think there was a thread started yet.....ah, is this a sign it is going to be quiet here this week?

I took a rest day on Saturday...my body was just plain ole tuckered out. Sunday I did Rhythmic step and Monday Chalean Extreme Lean circuit 1. After this week I will go back to Cathe, can't wait!

Did everyone have a good Mother's Day? My oldest DS brought me flowers! What a surprise, here I thought he wouldn't even remember it was Mother's day :)

Mary, how are you feeling after your surgery?

Welcome to CDPostier (sorry if I got the name wrong....remember we are over 40 and are forgiven for forgetting :) )

Hopefully others will chime in by tomorrow, otherwise I may be talking to myself (not an abnormal thing).

Hi Lisa

It's alright I'll stop you talking to yourself. Glad to hear you took a break at last! :) How sweet of your eldest to remember.

I enjoyed the piano recital on Saturday, it was in quite a small hall with only about 80 people in the audience. I did L&G on Sunday and added an extended stretch on the end as I felt in need of it. Yesterday was ME, it used to have a real dread factor for me but not anymore.

Weather is still rubbish here, it went down to zero overnight, call this spring? :mad:

Hi to everyone else who makes it here!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the well wishes, surgery went well, still hobbling around on crutches, see the dr. on Thurs, will start PT, hopefully will be able to at least start walking soon. I am starting to get a little crabby, I REALLY miss working out, find myself watching FitTV to get a fix! Lisa, how is work? Any new interesting friends? Ronne, it is chilly here too! Supposed to get a little warmer this weekend! Murphy, how are you feeling? No illnesses? Kathryn, how is work for you? Boss still getting on your nerves? Hi to the new person! I'm sorry I don't recall your name, forgive me, I am taking Vicoden! Have a good day everyone. Mary

Woo hoo! I'm not destined to talk to myself! I ran 4.5 miles today....for some reason the running is a bit tougher lately, I'm chalking it up to running up and down 4 flights of stairs about 4 times a day :)

Mary, so glad to "see" you. You know you must be feeling a bit better if watching FitTV :) enjoy the drugs :) if you are like me you hate how they make you feel, but when you are in pain......you don't care :) Nothing really new at work, just that they said I can work a whole 40 hrs since one of the girls is out, oh gee, thx. I've tried getting a new attitude....I'm working to pay for those fabulous vacations DH and I plan to take one day....trying to ease the pain some.....hmmmm, maybe I should take vicodin :)

Ronne, It's going to SNOW here tonight and tomorrow!!!! 4-8 inches.....the roads should be warm enough that it doesn't stick, but my goodness, snow in MAY?????

Murphy, how are you doing? Have you found the energy fairy?

Mary - glad to see you here as well. Glad the surgery went well and you're 'enjoying' watching Fit TV. Been tempted to watch some DVDs yet? :)

Lisa - Snow?! What the ...? It has actually brightened up a bit here today. Managed to get the washing out! Still windy and cool tho.

Today was SJP (minus the abs). I swear that one never gets any easier, I think the hi-lo combined with the weights is a killer!

Going to do some gardening this afternoon, plant some bulbs, mow the lawn etc.

See you all tomorrow!

Woke up waaaay before the alarm clock today so I did Chalean Lean circuit2 and then the 20 min heavy bag workout and the abs from MMA boxing....whew! I just did NOT want to get to work any earlier than I had to! I'm still iffy about work, today I expect to be a bit bored. I asked for more work and then someone else got the work I could have done (and that person's work queue looks busy)...not sure what this all means. Tough part is I have to account for my time and not sure where to claim my time to.....I really, really dislike this part of working.....geez, just give me something to do, I do it, and let me be. Have I ranted enough? ohum, ohum, (does that sound like a chant?)

Ronne, yes, SNOW! I had to wear my winter coat and gloves...thankfully roads are clear, not too much on the grass but the poor trees that are leaved out are loaded up full on their branches with snow. Good job on the SJP, I never do that one (not a hi/lo fan). I only do the abs (they are real good), or step part only. Have fun gardening while we have the white stuff!

Hi to everyone else who may pop in!

Hi Lisa

Looks like it's just you and me! Hope you've found something to do. So, do you have to fill in a timesheet or something then, to show what you've been doing?
I did the heavy bag the other day for the first time, it's good isn't it? I just stood against the door for those knee-in things as I don't have a bag.
What do you think of Chalean? It's nothing I'd ever buy as you can't see long enough clips for. I don't like buying stuff without a lot of info if it's from someone I've not bought from before. Also, I don't think they ship overseas anyway.
Today was Imax2, I think that's got some of the best music in any of Cathe's DVDs.

Hi to anyone else looking in! :)

Hey everyone, uh, I mean Ronne :) Today was Chalean Lean Intervals. YOu know it was tough.....I would never have thought about doing jumping jacks with a thigh toner band around my legs....my thighs were screaming. I'm liking Chalean but I don't think I could do it for any length of time. The SAME warm up and cool down in every workout is a bit boring. I will have been doing Chalean 3 weeks, and that is enough for a while. I just did each workout (didn't follow her plan---that would have been extremely boring as you are repeating the same 3 workouts over a month period).

Ronne, yes I have to fill out a time sheet with hours worked and it has to match a claim form where I specifically put in what work items I've worked on and for how long. Then they have to match. Last week, I was ready to go on Friday and last minute something came up that I had to work on, I didn't take the time to FIND the right code to claim to I just wanted out the door!

The sun is out today after our blast of winter, and the forecast says next week will be very spring-summery---from 40s this week to 80s next week.

I don't have a heavy bag either, I just do the arms up pull them down to the knees while they lift up like cathe does in other kickboxing workouts (hope that makes sense). I think it can be harder that way.
IMAX2 is a blast, isn't it? That one gets me in a good mood if I'm feeling a bit down....it's right up their with my cardio coach workouts for cheering me up factor.

Back to work.....I piddle around looking at things to learn from how the crappy code they have here fits together, but again, I don't feel I can claim my time to any work item, oh well.....it is what it is. :)

Hi girls! Back from the dr.s, start pt tomorrow. Said i can start doing whatever I am ready for. I will wait to see what the therapist has to say. Still hurts, mainly the muscle spasms. Anyway, enough about me! Ronne, I do like imax2, I still haven't tried 3 tho! I am too scared! Lisa, does everyone have to account for all their time at work? That sounds like a job all on it's own! Hi to Murphy and kathryn! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. Have a good day! Mary

Whew!

What is it about the end of the school year that makes you insanely overwhelmed? Every time I turn around it's another school event: Teacher appreciation, graduation dinner, band concert, class picnic, field day, teacher gifts (not to be confused with teacher appreciation gifts), field trips, paperwork, forms... yikes! I need a secretary to handle all of this paperwork!

I've been working out regularly anyhow. I'd be pretty crabby if I didn't take that "me" time (at 5:00 a.m.) six days a week.

I finally went to the podiatrist about my foot and she referred me to an orthopedic surgeon. As I suspected, the only way to make this better (and stop the deterioration) is to go under the knife. Fine, I'll do it in the fall, after beach and swimming season is over and the kids are back in school. Unfortunately, it will require a very long recovery period (about 8 weeks -- same as when I broke my arm), and I'll probably be on crutches. But the good news is that my family is going to have to pitch in and help with everything around the house :)D) because I won't be able to keep doing it all.

My parents are coming tomorrow, and DD's birthday party (pool party at home) is on Saturday, so I've got a busy weekend coming up.

I hope everybody is well... I skimmed through the posts, but I am so far behind this week! And then there's the laundry and bill-paying -- I'm behind on that, too.

Speaking of money, I have still not gotten a check from AT&T (worst phone company ever!) to refund that enormous overpayment that I made in February! What does it take to get your money back from those people? I'm really angry because they are deliberately dragging their feet. Well, as soon as our contract is up in August, we are dumping their overpriced phone service and switching providers. :mad:

Okay, I've got to get back to work so I can finish before school gets out and we have to go shopping for party-related stuff (and all of the things we have to donate to class picnics, etc.)... Why is ending the school year such an enormous production? Seems like they don't do much actual schoolwork for the last month anyway!

Have a great day, everybody! :D

Now it's hopping here! (See Mary you can hop!)

Nice to hear things are going well with your recovery Mary. You probably will have muscle spasms for a while. I remember when I chipped a bone in my ankle (doing aerobics when I was 19), they ended up having to cast it, I had that darn cast on for 3 months and EVERY day the spasms HURT, I swore it would not be ready to come off when scheduled, but lo and behold, 3 days before scheduled, it stopped spasming! Maybe once you start the PT it will get better? And YES, everyone has to account for their all their time the same way, it takes a good couple of hours to figure it all out each week. I really hate corporate life, but the pay is good :)

Kathryn, beginning/end of school years ARE a lot of work. My DS who graduates this year has to go 4 days to do NOTHING, and the thing is, he could be working. I'm thinking of calling in and excusing him at least one of those days. As far as AT&T, what phone company is good? I got pissed at Verizon because they wouldn't give us our IBM discount (had to pay the $ up front and call some number later to get the discount and I just frankly wasn't sure we would without a BIG effort), so over to Cingular we went, they did it right then and there....then they became AT&T. Bottom line...nuthin is easy and everything is a pain. How's that for the quote of the day?

Hey ladies.....I have to tell you all, I've had a red face and hot in the face all day. I have rosacea which I have to put cream on my face for the dry areas but it doesn't help the redness, so I wonder if it's flaring up --- triggers for me can be wine (haven't drank), exercise (I do that everyday so why would it be different today)? I'm wondering if I'm having hot flashes on top of roseacea flaring up and that is why it's flaring up today? Then STUPID me decides to get a new badge at work and my picture came out RED!?!?!? I hope tomorrow is better! And here I was freezing yesterday at work and today I'm so hot I want to peel my clothes off!

oh, and I feel like everyone can look at me and see that I'm having a hot flash! I asked some girls and they said I look fine but I feel like an alien!

Hi everyone. I have been lurking all week. Everytime I get a minute to get to the website work pops up on my desk. I am trying to do more Wii stuff. I have it so I feel like I should use it. I may try the 6-week challenge. But then again, I cannot stick to a 30-day rotation so a 6-week challenge may a bit much!

Murphy

Whoa, what happened? It's gone mad on here!

Mary - glad to hear you're recovering, hope the muscle spasms aren't too painful.

Lisa - your poor thing. It probably isn't visible tho' even though you might feel that your face is shining like a beacon ;)

Kathryn - hope the party goes well. have you got many kids coming? How lovely to have a pool party at home. Sounds like you've been super busy. What a pain about the phone company. Have you told them you're going to switch providers? Sometimes, that can be the kick that a company needs if they know they're going to lose you.

Murph - hope you're enjoying the wii :D

Today was Plyo legs 26 with SJP abs. I really like the plyo legs, I think I prefer working my legs like that. We're going away this weekend so won't be any workouts but hoping to get a few countryside walks in. Have a good one everyone.

Friday!

Lisa, DD has rosacea (poor thing) and it's flaring up right now too! She's so unhappy -- it makes her face blotchy and red (especially around the nose) and she's so self-conscious. She uses three prescription ointments, but it is still blazing. And just in time for her birthday party (including photos) and a visit from the grandparents!

Ronne, the party will be fairly small (by today's standards)... maybe 8 children (including mine). We have a cookout, let the kids swim, and then feed them cake. It's very easy because we don't have to entertain them, and less expensive than some of the birthday-parties-on-steroids that we've attended.

Ronne, you actually like plyo legs? Lucky you! I preferred the heavy-lifting leg days to the plyo leg days. Maybe if I did more plyo legs and less heavy lifting, my thighs would be smaller. They are just enormous -- especially for the rest of my frame. Adding insult to injury: On top of all that muscle, I've gained a nice layer of fat! Oh well, extra padding if I take a fall... I won't break a bone; I'll just bounce.

Oh, I did that Tracey Staehle kickbox video (I can never remember the title, but I like it a lot).

Murphy, what is the six-week challenge?

Well, lots to do to prepare for parents' arrival and party tomorrow, so I have to dash.

By the way: DH is playing golf this weekend -- today, Saturday, and Sunday. I hope he can squeeze in a visit to his daughter's birthday party.... :rolleyes:

HaPpY FrIdAy !!!! today was KPC in it's entirety! I woke up waaaay before the alarm...that's everyday this week.

I'm feeling a bit less 'hot and bothered' today, I turned the AC way down in my car on the ride home then was outside in the cool air a while and started feeling better. Must have been a combination of things yesteday and you are right I did feel like a red beacon! The dryness where the rosecea gets the worst was flaring up more too, so I put on my RX cream again last night....thank you German ancestors! My dermatologist told me there is nothing that can be done for the redness

Kathryn, I swear my thighs are huge for some reason other than the layer of fat I added on....I read on Cathe.com that plyo moves can make them bigger? I love the plyo (can't believe I'm saying that). Cathe recommended to do plyo no more than every 10 days and to go a bit lighter on the weights in meso1 and meso2. So I'm wondering if I built up a lot of muscle (my legs are quite hard and toned...love the strong feeling, but it it makes them bigger...sigh, I don't know what to do?) I'm sticking close to a good diet and I still have only lost 1 lb the last month! What's a girl, er, old lady to do? I'm sure you look splendid, we are our own worse critics.

Ronne, a countryside walk sounds divine....I've been wanting DH and I to take some hikes but a couple of reasons hold me back. 1. I'm TIRED by the weekend from going into work 5 days a week and 2. It will make me sooooo sad, Maddy LOVED hiking, we took her in Sept and I knew it would be her last, she was soooo excited we kept having to make her rest. I'm doing better in the Maddy dept, just still taking time.

Mary, How are you doing? How did PT go? Walking in the countryside with Ronne would be good for healing :)

Murphy, enjoy the Wii, sometimes you just need to do something different!

Oh, I forgot to tell you all what the darn cat did to me last night. I was laying on the couch and she was laying in her spot on the couch, I fell asleep for just a few mins and next thing I heard was her siamese MEOW right in my ear! I woke up and satisfied that she got me up she went back and laid down. Silly cat!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi girls! My therapy app't is later this afternoon. Had to go to target, I was so slow it took me way longer than I planned! At& t is annoying me today too! Cable box keeps going out, they said I might lose all my shows!? Kathryn, I would be wild by no if I were you! Hope the party goes well, we had a pool at our old house, so great for parties!
Ronne, have a great weekend! Lisa, I use to use this product by clinique, helped so much with rednes. And irritation. Can't remember the name tho! Hope everyone has a good weekend! Marys

bored, Bored, BORED.....did I mention I was bored? This is total torture having to be in an office with your mgr looking right at you and you have NOTHING TO DO! Then on top of it, in an effort to make it more FUN (I guess), we are celebrating birthdays with CAKE and the first one is today and a donation of $1. At least it's only $1 for cake I won't eat....I think I'll take it home to my son. HAve a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.