40's, week of 3/30

Hi everyone! Hope you had a good weekend. We had track all weekend. My DH and oldest ran a 5k on sat. He is 10 and it was his first race, he finished in 23 min. I was pretty proud! Yesterday we had a track meet, it the rain and wind at 30 degrees, pretty miserable if I may say so! Today was disc 22. I am mad and disappointed in myself, I had a hard time with the drop sets for shoulders, overhead press, I felt like the wimpiest girl, wonder if I should repeat this disc next week? I had to lighten my weights quite a bit. Maybe it was just an off day. Anyway enough of a pity party for me! Hope all finds you well. the kids are on spring break, we are going to see Monsters and Aliens, hope it is funny! Have a good day! Mary

We had family over this past weekend and now I am sick. My 7 year old nephew was hacking all over the place, not covering his mouth or anything. Great, just great. Well, see you when I am upright again.

Hello everyone

Murph - poor you! Take care of yourself and rest as much as possible.

Mary - well done to your DS. What a great achievement.
I saw the trailer for that film when we went to see Bolt. It looked good. Enjoy your break and don't be so hard on yourself ;)!

Lisa - hope you've still got feeling in your arms!

I did the 4DS Kickbox cardio today. I love that one. Got one more day of working out before the builders are back.
I smacked my knee on the staircase earlier on and now it's really starting to hurt. Hope I'm OK to workout tomorrow!

Bye for now.

Murphy, I totally understand how you feel! I hope your illness is mild and brief. Hang in there.

I did Disc 16 of STS this morning. I'm still enjoying STS, because it's nice to know that I get a whole week for each part to recover. We're going on a cruise for Spring Break (next week) so I'll be repeating this week again when we get back. And I probably also won't be checking in because I don't know what our Internet access will be.

Ronne, I've been doing the cardio from 4DS over the last couple of weeks. The workouts are growing on me. (Yesterday I did the kickboxing and boot camp cardio together). I only did 4DS once eve and really didn't like it that much. But after I finish STS, I'm going to give it another chance. It will help that I know the cardio so much better. I was really frustrated while doing the step routines the first time, but I'm learning them.

Now I just have to master the Amy Bento workouts that I have... and good luck to me on that, because I am so challenged by her choreography!

Well, off to cook dinner before the gang returns from soccer. It's nice to have a couple of minutes to myself for a change!

I'm finally back to checkin. WOW those drop sets, OMG, glad I started lighter than I could have on chest when I began Meso2. I totally went to failure on triceps, it just wasn't happening.

Murphy, sorry to hear you are sick. My DS in college called last night about being sick, being the good Mom and Dad we drove over (30 min) to take him some soup and OTC medicine. I hope I don't catch it!

Mary, don't feel bad about the drop sets, they are TOUGH! Now you have me really scared for next week!

Ronne, I smacked my knee really bad a couple of weeks ago, it still hurts! I smacked it good (hey at least when I do something I do it all the way). It's hard doing pigeon pose when that knee is pressing against the floor. Hope you heal faster than me, either that or you didn't smack it as bad as I did. My whole kneecap was black and blue.

Gotta run and get dinner been a busy day.

Hi Kathryn, looks like we were posting at the same time! Either that or I'm a slower typer than you. That cruise sounds N-I-C-E! Can I stowaway in your luggage?

Hi everyone

Kathryn - you lucky person! Where are you cruising to? I'll bet you'll enjoy your week away from STS.
I love 4DS. I think it's a great set and I really like the step segments on those - more up my street.

Lisa - you're such a sweetie taking a care package to DS!
It sounds like you smacked your knee harder than me. Mine hasn't been bothering me today. What a wuss I am!

Well, I got a real surprise with DOMS this morning. Across the top of my back, on my shoulders and behind my shoulder blades. It feels like someone's got two elastic bands and tightened them round my traps! :confused: All this just from 4DS Kickbox. Now I know I'm out of shape! Today I did a LowMax premix as I wanted to work the bottom half a bit more.

It looks like I'll get a bonus workout tomorrow as the tiler isn't coming till Thursday. Just got to decide what it is.

Bye for now!

Hi ladies! Busy day here today and a slow internet as we are having connectivity problems and it's driving me crazy with the slow response! I did some spinning today, sweated buckets (easy for me to do).

Ronne, I think we should pick the workout for you and torture you (insert evil laugh).

Gotta run to dinner.

Hi everyone

Lisa, it's funny you should say that but I had real problems with the internet yesterday. It was so slow.
Thanks for the 'kind' offer. :p I went for the full body premix on LIC. Believe me, it worked me hard!

I wish I had that Travel workout now - it would be perfect for these conditions!

Bye for now.

HI All,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am feeling better and plan to get back on the STS wagon tomorrow or Friday. We are going to have more company so hopefully things will go well.

Murph

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good day. Murphy, glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate getting sick! Ronne, I did LIC yesterday too! Just the cardio premix. I do enjoy that one! Lisa, are you still enjoying that spin bike? They look like fun! Ronne, did you do all of Low max? That one is so long, I usually just do the 1st or 2nd half. I always seems like it lasts forever! Kathryn, hope that you have a great time on your cruise! It seems like you take the BEST vacations! We are going to Disney in 6 weeks, I need to stop my eating! Today I need to do my last set of trisets for the legs, I am procrastinating! I see that it has leg presses as the 1st exercise! At least I will get those over and done with! Have a good day all. Mary

Cruising to... Mexico!

And I'm so delighted to learn that the State Department has issued a travel advisory for Mexico because of the upsurge in drug-related crime. Lovely. Well, I've picked very safe-looking excursions -- no long bus rides into the countryside to visit ruins! And frankly, if I wanted to see ruins, I'd just peek into the playroom!

I did STS legs this morning (Meso 2, Week 2). The leg exercises in Meso 2 really kick up my heart rate and leave me sweatier than a cardio workout!

By the way, have any of my fellow STS-ers seen any results? I think my arms and shoulders look a bit better, but my lower body (where I need it the most) looks no better. And I am working hard! Maybe it's stress (I just got a letter from the IRS, proposing that I send them more money!). Maybe it's hormones... because I'm not 25 anymore :( .

Well, speaking of stress, I've got to get back to work. I'm trying to get caught up before we go away because things really pile up in my absence.

Murphy, are you feeling better?

Ronne, is your renovation project nearly over?

Mary, is your Internet connection behaving?

Mary, when are you going to Disney? We're going in May, after school gets out. That's about six weeks from now. We love Disney (as you can see in my photos -- the picture of Amy)!

By the way: I just found out that my 30th (yikes!) high school reunion is this summer. Oh, the pressure! Why did I ever join Facebook? I would have been blissfully unaware that I'd missed it if only I didn't get tracked down by former schoolmates!

Good morning everyone. I'm sitting here trying to syke(sp?) myself up to do a cardio. Thinking of double cardio PM from 4DS, hoping I can keep up physically and mentally. :p It's time for a rest day, I haven't had one in more than a week since I had to reschedule my workout time last week to accomodate going for the college campus tour.

Kathryn, I did legs (Disc20) yesterday....those workouts get my HR high too and I don't pause it because I just wanna get done! DH is still trouble shooting our internet issues, but the last 2 days have been better (just when I DIDN'T need it for work, Mon/Tues was AWFUL and I had soooooo much work to get done online!)

Murphy, I'm getting less DOMS as I get deeper into Meso 2, with a sick break you probably won't get any break from DOMS! :eek:

Mary, we did Disney a lot when the kids were young, it helped that I had family down there and we killed 2 birds with one stone (er, is that plane ticket?) ;) The spin bike is a nice different kind of cardio, it helps now that I have padded shorts! My sis gave me her's from her racing days, so I'm all decked out in the basement with an aerodynamic suit on a stationary spin bike....a sight to see!

Andrea, where ya at girl?

Ronne, I would say my knee is finally not feeling bruised anymore, as in it doesn't hurt to the touch of pressure. That took a long time.

Well better get to it.

Ah, I finally made myself exercise. I think I was reluctant because it was cold here this morning and I couldn't fathom putting on a tank top/shorts. I did it and was glad I did, feel much better. In fact, I did the power leap over the step in the 3rd blast of HIS. I've never done that! :eek: I don't know what came over me, all of a sudden there I went right over the step, sore legs/quads/hams/glutes and all. Yep, I'm feeling accomplished right now. Now I'm pondering taking the dog out for a walk (I'm sure I'll wuss out). The sun is shining beautifully, a beautiful blue sky, but I know it's still cold since there are 2" of fresh snow on the ground from last night. At the very least I'll get a shower...thanks goodness. Have a good day ladies!

Hi girls! It is a beautiful day here! Feels like spring! I was watching the weather and Lisa's snow will be here by Mon., tho! Well, I will enjoy today, wore the dog out on a walk. I still need to w/o tho. Lisa, good thing to have those shorts. I never thought about those. You would need them. Good for you with the HIS! I love when I am able to do those things. Have you tried any of the plyo legs yet? That is fun! Kathryn, Hope you have a great time. Watch out for the drug dealers!! We are going to be in Disney May 14th thru the 21st. How about you? I see your pic, so I will keep my eyes open for you! Are you going to your class reunion? I am out for 27 years now! How fast time goes! Murphy, how was STS today? Ronne, the house should be done soon, right? I bet you are more than ready! Well, I better get to my w/o, have a good night! Mary

Hi everyone

A very late and quick check-in for me today. DD had a half day as it's end of term. The builders were back today in force to try and finish off. We've got our new front door on and we're almost there! It's looking great!

DD's on holiday for 2 weeks now. We're going to my parents on Monday for a few days, then the week after that we fly to Spain to see DB and SIL and their new baby.

I probably won't be around much over the next couple of weeks. Here's hoping the sun keeps shining for everyone. Kathryn, have a great cruise. Take care everyone and I'll see you in a couple of weeks! :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.