40's - week of 2/19/12

fitover40

Cathlete
Hey everyone! Man, I'm feeling sooooo much better. No sore throat, not too much to blow. Finally! I did HR LB PM---short, good to get back in the swing. Felt a little weak.

Roxie, how did it go looking for shoes? Did you manage to give money to any shoe company? DS20 is coming over today---he needs jeans---guess we will be going to Kohl's.

Good Afternoon,

No workout for me today I slept wrong and now my shoulder blade hurts. I am starting and Ellen Barrett rotation fir the next two weeks then doing the LIS rotation again.

Lisa-glad to hear you are feeling better. The shoes were for DH and we ended finding a pair closer to home amenity was buy one get one at 50% off so I got some Nikes

I did PS C,S,T and PS B,Bi and will prob take MTW off.

I spent 2 hours combing my hair out this morning and finally woke up dd and she finished it for me after another 40 min. I need dog grooming tools not hair brushes. Anyway, I think it counts as a functional fitness add on for upper body. There is something seriously F'd up with my hair.

Glad you are feeling better Lisa and back into it. Roxie, IDK that instructor- sorry about your sleep injury. Regards to all who follow, have a nice week.

Hi girls! Today did YR. Lisa, so glad you are feeling better! Finally! So, the kids keep coming back, do they? Roxie, sorry about your shoulder. Did you try a heating pad? I hate when that happens! Jody, you have such a way with words! Your posts always remind me of Chelsea Handler, she makes me laugh! Ronne, how was the party? Murphy, you still at it? Date nite was good. I just love hanging out with DH! Dinosaur exhibit was a bit pitiful. So glad to be off tomorrow! Have a good evening! Mary

Mary, I'd be worried if you didn't like hanging out with DH! Enjoy your day off tomorrow! I'd be jealous except I did take Friday off.

Jody, maybe you need to braid your hair before you sleep at night or put into a ponytail or something? Does it tangle while you are sleeping or through the day?

Roxie, yea, new shoes! got DS some jeans...he's like a girl, picky about his jeans and only one kind does he like how it fits him. Seriously he should have been a girl he's so fashion conscience. I use ActiveOn when I sleep on my neck wrong. Doesn't smell and is in stick form so not messy, works too!

Lisa-too funny about ds being part girl. I am tryimg Mary's suggestion of a heating pad.

Jody-EB is pilates with light weights and cardio. Its very low impact.

Forgot to mention dizziness is back to. DH is downloading some kettlebell workouts for me so I might try those next month.

Today was TBT UB. Yesterday was my yoga/stretch/relax day.

Lisa - glad to hear you are feeling better.

Roxie - the sleeping wrong must be going around b/c my neck and shoulder were messed up this week.

Jody - I agree with the ponytail or braiding the hair. If I don't do one or the other to my 2DD's hair, it is a nightmare to comb or brush or anything in the morning. One time it was so bad I just took her to them to the hairdresser and let them deal with it. You should have seen their faces!

Have a great week everyone!

Murphy

Hi everyone

Lisa - glad you're back in the land of the living again! It must feel great to workout! That's funny about your DS - I was talking to another school mum and the middle of her three boys is the same. He helps his mum pick out clothes :)

Murphy - sounds like you're getting the regular workouts in again.

Jody - your hair! Wow! My DH makes jokes about things nesting in my hair so yours sounds like a forest!! :eek:

Roxie - hope the heating pad works for you.

Mary - date night - that's so cute!! Glad you had fun. DD is 11 on Weds - so a couple years off a teenager thank goodness!

Party went well - the girls all had fun. DD got a load of girly presents, hair bands, nail varnish, etc. We let her open her party presents but she's got to wait for the rest on Weds.
Did the second Timesaver premix from GSL today as I was a bit pushed for time. It's still a good workout at 49 mins.
DD back at school and everything back to normal again here.

Good Morning,

Well this is the day co worker drops the bomb and its a perfect day outside cloudy windy and its suppose to rain. Tonite for me will be Ellen Barretts Slo-Robics so it shouldn't hurt my shoulder. The heating pad worked wonders almost thought about brining it to work with me.

Lisa & Jody-I noticed last week one side of my hair was knotting up really bad.

Ronne-glad the party went ok.

Murphy-how is your neck and shoulder?

Hi girls! Today did KCM SS, full body premix, time flew! Ronne, glad the party went well, I bet she is looking forward to Wed! Roxie, hope work goes ok. Glad to hear the heating pad helped. Lisa, are you back in the office? Hi to Murphy and Jody. Might go to the movies with the kids today, will have to see what is out there. Have a good day! Mary

Some one jinxed me. No w/o today, not because I'm sick, because I slept in too late! Was awake in middle of the night, read a bit, couldn't put the book down because I was almost done and it was good. So that caused me to sleep in too late. sigh.

Mary, yes, I'm in the office today. Had some work to take care of too....I hate getting hit on a Monday....that happens when one takes off on Friday.

Roxie, Glad the shoulder is better....working out should loosen it up too. Has the co-worker dropped the bomb?

Ronne, how much fun that party sounds! Were you the one that jinxed me?

Murphy, are you with us this week? You've been quiet!

Jody, are you still untangling your hair? :D:rolleyes::eek:

Lisa-he has dropped the bomb but their daughter called while they were talking and then they had to go show someone things they need done at their house. I know the boss man had tears in his eyes and looked like he aged 10 years they were counting on him to take over so they could retire.

Good Evening,

Tonite was Ellen Barretts Slo-Robics and even though it was low impact I got a really good workout it was pilates based. The bosses still haven't said anything so I think they are still in shock, she is definetly mad at him won't talk or look at him.

Hi all

Roxie - oh dear! I bet there's a bit of an atmosphere at work at the moment! Poor you!

Mary - how's the UB doing? Any soreness? Are you on half term this week? DD went to see the Muppets on Friday and loved it.

Lisa - whoops! Well at least you caught up on sleep!

Did an Amy Bento step today as a sub for Step Heat which I don't have. Is anyone having pancakes today? We're doing them at the end of the day when DD gets back.

Well, woke up at 3am......I'm in that time where I wake up anywhere from 1am to 4am. If I wake up at 1, then I have a shot to sleep more even though I'll have to blow off w/o and get to work late---doable.(normally takes me 2 hrs to get back to sleep). Or if I wake at 4am not too bad, but anywhere between 2 and 3 and I'm miserable. That's today. I did get in KPC---the low energy version.

Jody, KPC does go on and on, esp. the kicking/punching combos...I think I almost fell back asleep then.

Ronne, may I ask you not to say a thing? I think you are really jinxing me! Pancakes? Those aren't on my diet....too many carbs for me. We are having an spinach/onion/mushroom omelet for dinner though!

Roxie, how's work today?

Mary, what fun are you getting into?

Murphy, are you still here?

I missed something, its pancake day??

RE my hair...On a good day, I have Marcia Brady hair. It should never do the crazy stuff it is doing.

My afro of hair mats was after I slept in a conditioning treatment, which I applied on the rebound from not using Wen (when I did the sulfate free shampoo and protein stuff, I may have over proteined, IDK). I should have taken a picture.

After the shampoo/unWen day- I was back to not able to comb out. I went to work on Fri with my hair combed to my ears then twisted up and scrunched in a clip, unable to detangle before I had to leave. Once it is dry, I can slowly get through it. Dry hair sleep is not a problem- wet, shower, sweat is big problem and = mats. I've been putting looose braids in my hair while wen cleansing and things are improving again. Ugh, thanks for listening to my hair rants. And thanks, Mary for saying you get a chuckle. I think Chelsea is funny, too.

Sorry this is so long- I did CW this morn before work! Lisa, that is a big fat bummer about not being able to sleep well. I hate feeling sleep deprived, miserable. Roxie, work doesn't sound like an emotionally healthy place to be these days, ouch! Waves to all!

Today is Athletic Training. I think this one is right up there with AfterBurn. It is difficult for me but I like it. I am glad her next set is supposed to be like AB and AT. I am looking forward to it.

Anyone know anything about the Wii program and a spin bike? DH wants to get it. I am on board but only if I can use the bike as a regular spin bike. I have some research to do. Notice I said "I" and not "we". I think everyone here knows DH won't be researching anything... :)

Murphy

Good Afternoon,

Well work is definitely a sucky place to be right now the boss lady isn't talking to co worker or making eye contact and he is bitching to me about it so I am stuck in the middle. Tonite for me is Ellen Barrett Burn & Firm pilates with light weights.

Ronne-whats with the pancakes?

Lisa-we really should get together at night I wake up at 4 am and can't go back to sleep but instead of getting up I just toss and turn.

Jody-your hair sounds like a real problem right now, I think its time to reperm mine. Good job with your workout today.

Hi girls! Today did Amy Bento, Rumble. Still can't bounce too much. Ronne, love pancakes for dinner! We have been doing waffles, because we got the waffle iron for Christmas. Roxie, hate being in the middle, hope things settle down for you soon. Lisa, I hate when sleep is elusive! Hope the sandman finds you soon! Jody, hair is always frustrating, but Marcia Brady hair sound beautiful! That is my dream! Murphy, there is a spin bike for Wii? I did AT last week, always a challenge! Have a good evening! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.